Bauhaus

Adblock bug

I have adblock installed on my computer but I turned adblock off for the site so that i could support it, yet the subscription banners still pop up instead of an ad.  is this a bug?

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 1.48.11 PM.png

Do you perchance have scripts or flash (might be a flash ad trying to be there) disabled?

I don't have any of those disabled, the entire program is paused/stopped on the site

If by program you mean adblock, then please be aware that other tools (like noscript or even your internet security suite) can block scripts, too.

You might check the help page near the bottom on site, whee is says referers and javascript, under Troubleshooting, and see if it shows any issues there.

I'm not sure what other program would be causing it, as this is a new issue and has only been happening for a week. my computer hasn't had any updates neither has my browser or my antivirus.

Referrers and Javascript both say they're working on the site.

Actually I just switched off my adblocker (uBlock) and I still only get the banner, too.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Actually I just switched off my adblocker (uBlock) and I still only get the banner, too.

Ads are coming through just fine on mine with ABP off for this site.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That's so weird, i wonder if the site's programming may be sensing the whole program and not just "hey, you have this turned on"

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Ads are coming through just fine on mine with ABP off for this site.

Which adblocker do you use? 

The other option might be that the site is currently simply not getting any ads served by its adserver.

1 hour ago, Bauhaus said:

Which adblocker do you use? 

Ad Blocker Plus.

8 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The other option might be that the site is currently simply not getting any ads served by its adserver.

But for this to go on for days? how is that possible? 

And others are getting ads, so I don't think it is a lack of ads. Besides, when that happens I just get a blank space, not the subscription message.

Have you tried clearing cache and cookies? I don't know if that applies in this situation or not, but it is always something to try when you have something odd going on. It won't hurt and it might help.

Clearing cache/cookies often helps with browser weirdness. If it doesn't, have you tried turning Adblock completely off, like disabling it in your browser's settings, and then back on? Or even deleting it from your browser and the re-adding it? I don't use Adblock anymore but I do sometimes get a random glitch in extensions and sometimes that helps.