Sign in to follow this  
Riverclaw

I released the wrong dragon

I accidentally released my adult male Xenowyrm instead of an egg, is there anyway I can get it back at all?

Pretty sure there's nothing you can do about that, sorry mate 😕

(Similarly, you can't "unabandon" an egg).

Edited by Aalbiel

17 minutes ago, SlytherinWarrior said:

I accidentally released my adult male Xenowyrm instead of an egg, is there anyway I can get it back at all?

What kind of Xeno? I have been generously gifted some needed dragons from some very kind people, so I feel the need to pay it forward. If I have said Xeno, I could give it to you when it's close to maturing. 

It was a Pyro. If you could, that'd be amazing! :)

Edited by SlytherinWarrior

2 minutes ago, SlytherinWarrior said:

It was a Pyro. If you could, that'd be amazing! :)

OMG, Pyro is the one Xeno (other than the elusive Gaia/Thalassa) I don't have on my scroll right now. I have two Astrapis and two Chronos and one Mageia. Any interest in one of those? One Astrapi is an already gendered male hatchie. The Mageia will be male, too (he's a S1 hatchie), and both Chronos are eggs. I was dumb and locked myself with Xenos and Cheeses before this new release. Oh well. I'll grab some when the hype dies down (if they aren't super rare).

Ooh, Astrapis are cool!!! I have space, so I can try to grab some of the new ones for you if you want. I have two of the "this egg is covered in pale blue spots" at the moment.

Edited by SlytherinWarrior
Adding information

1 hour ago, Aalbiel said:

Pretty sure there's nothing you can do about that, sorry mate 😕

(Similarly, you can't "unabandon" an egg).

That sucks. Maybe they should do a three day or 24 hour, or something pending period or something where you can still access the dragon and get it back if you want.

Don't make too much haste next time, I still find it amazing that you pressed on release instead of abandon.

Maybe, one day, someone would give a suggestion to not only bolden the release word, but use red color as well.

Well, at least you donated to the wilderness.

Btw, I see Pyro Xenowyrms the most, maybe I can try get one for you (I'm sooo close to Silver trophy)

Okay, yeah, I know, pretty stupid of me, but I thought I'd clicked the egg, so I wasn't really looking at the words. -_-

7 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

Don't make too much haste next time, I still find it amazing that you pressed on release instead of abandon.

Maybe, one day, someone would give a suggestion to not only bolden the release word, but use red color as well.

You do have to enter your password or the action as well as hit the link....

Yes, I know. I really wasn't paying attention, obviously I will be extremely careful in the future... 😕

I have done this before as well. It happens. We get distracted and do something that shouldn't be possible if we're paying attention. My first PB silver egg was auto-abandoned because I forgot to check if I was egg locked, for example.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You do have to enter your password or the action as well as hit the link....

It's easy to do it automatically, without thinking. I'd often have my password copied and just paste it on actions to speed things up, because retyping the same thing just to e.g. abandon a bunch of eggs is offputting. Those confirmation pages look pretty much the same for all actions and hardly anyone would pay attention a 1000th time at all, or with actually getting what it says at all or in time before their muscle memory acts. It doesn't prevent people from doing what they didn't intend! 

It often looks like this: before the confirmation page loads, your'e already ready to just place your coursor in the white window and to type/paste the password and hit Enter instantly... there's just so many things this page shows for...

Edited by MhKhu

I just meant that I don't think making for a bigger warning or red text would make that much difference.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I just meant that I don't think making for a bigger warning or red text would make that much difference.

It wouldn't. I'd still find a way to make stupid mistakes. I watch TV while playing DC, so it happens a lot. I accidentally abandoned a CB Astrapi Xeno a couple days ago, but caught one again a day later, so I figured it was okay.

Yeah - exactly. I sometimes MISINFLUENCE. too :blink:

Sign in to follow this