TJ09

2018-08-26 - Site Terms Update and August Dragon Release

These are great! And I like their muted colors. They'll probably look nice in a lineage together.

15 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I think they are LOVELY. I never see any flaws in anatomy and all that. I may be blind, but I'm GLAD :)

I think there are a few people who use telescopes to find flaws.  Not just here, anywhere.  

Anyway, congrats to Birdz and JOTB for our new dragons!  Not sure what I will pair them with, but will come up with something I like.

25 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

Ash Dragons are a new favorite what the HECK they look so good? Not as much a fan of the Boreals - the thighs look a little.... er.... deep. But I do think they'll look good with silver lunar heralds (one of my favorites!), so I'm happy to have them on board!

EDIT: I also agree with @blockEdragon on the anatomy stuffs of the Boreals. I honestly didn't see the lower jaw at first because the head profile looks nearly complete without it. I also don't really understand what's going on with the wings, and, like Pyros, they kinda suffer from that weird frog leg issue. Like I said, though, I think they'll make great lineage projects and that's all that really matters to me with them ;^;

Thanks spriters and TJ - this release is awesome! 😄

Eh, they don't have frog leg from what I can see; they're posed like they're standing on stairs is all. I do agree that their lower jaws are far too short, though; they'd have a killer overbite with their mouths closed...

2 hours ago, ryvin said:

hey does anyone else have this problem? 2 of my new hatchies have an unknown gender (I precogg'd them and they would have been female)

heres a link to one of them -> https://dragcave.net/view/2L0gt

btw the adults look really nice!!

Hm - does anyone have a female gendered Ash hatchie then ? I did slightly wonder why both TJ's were male, but assumed one was to freeze.

The Ash Dragons are simply amazing to look at. Awe-inspiring, gentle giant type dragons is what I have been waiting for. Awesome job, spriters!

Can't say the same for the Boreals though. Their heads and tails are kind of bland in my opinion, but I like the wings.

The Ash dragon's nose is a little odd-looking, but otherwise it's fine. I like its pose. :D Boreal dragon is alright too. Overall a pretty average release.

Thank you to TJ and the spriters for the new dragons.

Squeeeeeeee!!! I knew it, I knew I'd totally love the Ash adults if they kept the general feel from the hatchlings. Omg omg I love them!! Big and spiky and brutish (but awwwww gentle giants yay!). I love the spikes at the end of their tail, I love the coloring (sooooo glad they kept that coloring!), I'm so so so happy with this release!!

The Boreals I'm not as excited about, though they do look nice. I keep thinking the colors/shading on the inside of the wing looks really strange, but I know very little about spriting stuff so I have no idea if anything is actually off in that area or if it just looks weird to me. The nose touching and blending in with the wing definitely does look awkward though. 

26 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hm - does anyone have a female gendered Ash hatchie then ? I did slightly wonder why both TJ's were male, but assumed one was to freeze.

I do. I'm starting to think that my two unknown hatchies are the ones of the batch that I did not influence.

Edit: just checked my log. All of the ones I influenced have their correct genders. 

Edited by Jazeki

That is interesting. I wonder if they need to be influenced to gender at all ?

Awww I love both of them! I especially love the Ash dragons though omg. The image of little pygmies riding on them is just the cutest thing. I love the faces of the Boreals as well. c':

Thanks TJ for the wonderful and very needed updates, as well as the artists for bringing these beautiful dragons to the site. ^^

Edit - Just noticed the Boreals head position in combination with the wing. That's adorable, it looks like its nudging its wing >3<

Edited by catzrule1990

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That is interesting. I wonder if they need to be influenced to gender at all ?

Not sure. I'll be able to better answer tomorrow (unless this is fixed before then) when my younger uninfluenced hatchlings hit the right time.

20 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

*snorts!* Omg. That's too funny. Now I won't be able to look at them without thinking that. 

Hahaha, just looked at them again and the first thing that popped into my mind was a profile of a 'Skeksis' from the movie "Dark Crystal".

And as for the ones commenting on the larger upper jaw of the Ash Dragons, to me it looks like the upper beak of a Raptor, like an Eagle or Hawk...

Edited by Husky51

I just saw a Boreal hatchie with an unknown gender in the trading hub, looks like the ash babies aren't the only ones affected.

11 minutes ago, catzrule1990 said:

I just saw a Boreal hatchie with an unknown gender in the trading hub, looks like the ash babies aren't the only ones affected.

Maybe someone who has those hatchies should make a bug thread in Help. TJ or the mods might see it quicker there.

YESSSSS the Ash Dragons are exactly what I hoped for! Another breed to join my army of great big lumbering giants. :wub:

But I'm really pleasantly surprised by the Boreals, love their stance, their faces, the soft colouring, the shimmery effect of the blue parts... those are going to go well with A LOT of other breeds. I can't wait for my hatchlings to grow up and start breeding! :D

And I'm so happy about the trading hub pagination!

Thank you TJ, JOTB and birdzgoboom!

Edited by dustpuppy

Congratulations to both artists, the dragons are lovely, I really like both adults. Also thank you TJ for a nice release.

Wow, the Ashes are really nice! Thank you, birdz! ❤️ My first thought was to compare them to the new (and awesome) Red Dragons, but on reflection, I think the dragon they mesh with the most are the Fells. Either way, though, a fantastic addition to the cave! Thank you so much. ❤️

It might seem silly -aside from awesome love for new eggs, always: I'm am ecstatic level adoring having trade status updates in the notification feed. Thank you for all the work you do to continue expanding & ever-enriching Dragon Cave.

YAS NEW DRAGON ADULTS!

They both look great!

I think I like the Ashed the best though! We need more big dragons.

A lot of our big hulking dragons are Wingless Westerns. Huh.

Thank you TJ and Spriters! 

Ash and Boreal, huh?

....Time to go claim as many Dark Souls related names as I can for when mine hatch XD

Sorry to the spriters, I know that's very likely not an intended reference, but that's just me XD They're both beautiful dragons and I think I might be hoarding the Ash dragons.

I like the Ash ones, and the Boreals go well with Silvers...

Also, it would be cool if some Ash dragons had an 'unknown' gender... they could breed with both males and females...

Off topic, after this release what should be the 'Unique Breeds' counter if somebody has everything?

Awwwwww I LOVE the Ash dragons *-* 

I really really like the bulky and edgy design. Very unusual and very refreshing :)

Thanks very much!!!