TJ09

2018-08-26 - Site Terms Update and August Dragon Release

I really like them both! Ashes are such sweet, spiky, gentle giants and Boreals are very beautiful and elegant. Thank you TJ and spriters, fantastic release! 

Both Ash adults are male.

The Ash dragons look great and would be very suitable mates to Stones and Colossus.  And the Boreal s would look great with Sapphires!😀👍

Congrats to the spriters!🎉

Edited by jerzeeshadow

neat, ut the Boreals have a disproportion between top and bottom jaw, and the nose looks awkward touching the wing like that? DR would never let this go^^;

58 minutes ago, ryvin said:

hey does anyone else have this problem? 2 of my new hatchies have an unknown gender (I precogg'd them and they would have been female)

heres a link to one of them -> https://dragcave.net/view/2L0gt

btw the adults look really nice!!

It me :lol:

Honeslty I've already stated my love for the Ash sprite (the hatchies were also great), but let me just take a minute to appreciate the concept: the whole gentle giant thing is a huge weakness of mine, i'm absolutely in love. Danger Boi is secretly a soft marshmallow.

The Ash dragons look amazing, their personalities are a bit cliched for DC, but the sprite and design are nice enough that I still love them. The Boreal dragons look fine enough, JOTBs latest work looks kinda off to me, the the short fingers and elongated back of the wings makes them look stubby (the pyrovars have a similar problem). The personalty is quite nice though, a slim-built and pretty dragon that is actually dangerous, solitary, and fearsome.

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Ash dragons have a low, deep roar that is typically only used to threaten or call to others of their kind.

The breed communicates over long distances via loud, low-pitched bellows.

giphy.gif

LMAO

They're the Bass Boys B) 

I love them both! I always enjoy JOTB's sleek shading. And those colors are love. 

I want to ride on the back of an Ash dragon...

1 minute ago, blockEdragon said:

the short fingers and elongated back of the wings makes them look stubby (the pyrovars have a similar problem)

I suspect that’s foreshortening, maybe coupled with using low-aspect ratio (shorter and rounder) wings? Idk, the artist will need to confirm or whatever lol.

really like the Ash dragons! The facial design looks a little impractical but it’s super cool, and I love elaborate heads on beasts anyway ❤️ Both are great new additions, thank you artists and tj for releasing them!

My gosh these adults!!!! :wub: That Ash Dragon....those spikes...swoons~

I shall be hoarding both of these. Thank you Spriters!

Amazing, amazing! B) The shades of gray are so great on both of the dragons so I can't just choose which one I'd like more. Thank you TJ and spriters, what an awesome release!

Really like both of the breeds. Especially the Ash, I love beast-y looking dragons and the spikes look neat! The Boreals are my kind of dragon, climate-wise :P 

I can't even describe how much I love the adult sprites! These two breeds are just amazing. ❤️

Ash's have their mouth open, so the red of the tongue is to see, and their eye is a tiny black dot above, right? Cus at first sight the red looked as the eye to me and all above like some kind of helmet^^ I can still see them that way, but guess it's wrong^^ Their description is the cutest^^

The Boreals have beautiful blueish details when zoomed in, love their scales and muscleish body..

I absolutely love the colors of the Boreal adults. I plan to breed them with most of my Christmas breeds now for a snowy effect. The neon green eye doesn't offer the most appealing contrast IMO, but otherwise I like them.

The Ash adults are sprited well, but not really up my alley. I'm not a fan of Fells either because of their "tough" look. Nonetheless, it's clear that birdz put a lot of time into them. The description was a nice surprise as well. I was expecting fierce, mighty warriors, not gentle giants.

Edited by The Dragoness

They're so pretty as adults, omg! *dies* They're PERFECT!!!

Thank you, JOTB and birdz, for the gorgeous new dergs! They and you are amazing! :)

Ash Dragons are a new favorite what the HECK they look so good? Not as much a fan of the Boreals - the thighs look a little.... er.... deep. But I do think they'll look good with silver lunar heralds (one of my favorites!), so I'm happy to have them on board! 

EDIT: I also agree with @blockEdragon on the anatomy stuffs of the Boreals. I honestly didn't see the lower jaw at first because the head profile looks nearly complete without it. I also don't really understand what's going on with the wings, and, like Pyros, they kinda suffer from that weird frog leg issue. Like I said, though, I think they'll make great lineage projects and that's all that really matters to me with them ;^;

Thanks spriters and TJ - this release is awesome! 😄

Edited by Alrexwolf

I think they are LOVELY. I never see any flaws in anatomy and all that. I may be blind, but I'm GLAD :)

17 minutes ago, The Dragoness said:

The description was a nice surprise as well. I was expecting fierce, mighty warriors, not gentle giants.

Same here! I would've liked them either way but looking intimidating while actually being gentle is one of my favorite things. :)