TacticianLyra

More-accurate BSA cooldown timer

Forewarning that I stink at wording things.

So the current thing of "This action is unavailable for X day(s)" is...really, really vague.

And irritating to some degree if you have a bad memory or anything along those lines.

My suggestion is basically to just add hours/minutes to the cooldown message, like after the 1-day mark it'd be "This action is unavailable for (2+) hours" and then be "This action is unavailable for (1-59) minutes".

Edited by TacticianLyra

While that would be quite handy, it's possible to look up your past actions on the action log. Do a search for the dragon's name or code that you want to use again, and it should be easy enough to find when the BSA was used last.

There are many threads begging for this, though:

This one stared out with a different idea but includes your suggestion.

I don't really think the action log is a great work-around for this because if you are a fairly active player you may have multiple pages in your action log for a single day (I constantly have a *ton* of AP-reabandons clogging up my log), it's annoying to have to calculate what date you would've used the action on, find the corresponding page(s) in your action log, then find the time.... 

I personally would *love* more accurate timers on pretty much everything, from breeding to BSAs to kill slots... Especially kill slots since that literally just says 'wait a few weeks'. But yeah, more accurate timers would be awesome across the board.

The action log would be OK if it weren't clogged up with name, hide, unhide... I just had to go back three or four pages to see if I did or didn't incubate the siyat I wanted to hatch purple.

Honestly "Hide" and "Unhide" just shouldn't be in Action Log at all imho... What is the use of logging that?

I just want timers to say “available again at 5:34 PM, 8/23/2018” or something similar. BSA yes but more important on BREEDING COOLDOWNS. @TJ09 is there a reason cooldown times been kept so vague for a decade, despite repeated pleas on the issue? Not knowing whether a dragon can breed again in 2 minutes or 22 hours has long been a headache, and digging through the action log to figure it out isn’t a great or intuitive solution.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Or even "available in 1 day" "..........6 hours", "...........1 hour"

Honestly I want this in all timers in the game. Sometimes it feels like I’m waiting on “Hatchlinh will die if it does not grow up in: 4 days 1 hour” for waaay longer than an hour lol. The game must have a built-in timer for it to be able to calculate these things, so having it visible would be super helpful.

Even if a full timer isn’t incorporated, I’d at least like it to show on the dragon’s page exactly when the last BSA was used. Maybe underneath “Stolen on” “Hatched on” “Grew up on” it could have “Last incubated: August 28 2018, 07:45” - at least that way we can count the minutes down to that exact time and know that’s when the timer is up. Because with BSAs that have a two-week cooldown, no one wants to have to scour through two weeks worth of the action log to find stuff like that out. And this could work for everything, like when you caught the egg, when you hatched the egg, giving the time would be helpful if an actual timer weren’t to be incorporated, because then we at least have the option to calculate it ourselves.  

I agree - the current 1-hour-resolution timers are very vague and annoying. Especially since for NDs you have to go around spending hours figuring out the time of death down to a few seconds.

EDIT: The BSA ones are even worse - they're accurate to the day unless you dig through action logs.

Edited by osmarks

On 8/20/2018 at 3:33 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

The action log would be OK if it weren't clogged up with name, hide, unhide... I just had to go back three or four pages to see if I did or didn't incubate the siyat I wanted to hatch purple.

This. this right here. That is why I would definitely support a more accurate cool down timer for literally ALL the stuff that has cool downs.

I would love some more accurate timers as well as the action log is indeed quite cluttered and annoying to look through for these things. Full support.

Gonna be in agreement with this. It would be helpful, if anything, especially during Holidays, mostly Halloween when Gender can go either way, and if you don't have a huge BSA Army, that timing is super important to know if you are gonna be able to use something again in enough time or not. And while some people can "offer to help" that is a ton more difficult during holidays when people are full up themselves vs. any other time of year where it is a TON TON easier.

The player base is really great about getting creative and helping each other. But there are certain things we just cannot do at some points. Thats the biggest time.

People have been asking for this since 2009. Maybe one day it'll just magically happen.