Sign in to follow this  
GhostMouse

"Wants" List Appears in One-Way Transfers

While sending out some one-way trades earlier I discovered that any text in the "wants" box appears with the one-way transfer. I feel like this can't be intended behavior since you can't exactly get something back in a transfer! You don't even see the wants box when setting up a transfer. I found that you can get around this by first selecting a two-way trade, clearing the wants box, and then changing it to a transfer, but that seems like a lot of extra steps for something that shouldn't display a wants section to begin with!

Honestly, I wish the wants box wouldn't "remember" the last thing I asked for, since what I want and what would be considered fair changes with each trade, but I don't know if that part is actually unintended. If it reset to blank each time, it would mostly fix this issue. ("Mostly," because if you start making a trade and decide instead to change it to a transfer, I assume it will display any text you had already typed, which would still be a problem.)

I have a screenshot if needed.

My first screenshot didn't save (oops), but I was able to replicate it. I should clarify that it doesn't show on the page with the transfer links, but does show in the main trading hub page. I don't know what it looks like on the receiving end of the transfer.

8F228Tc.png

I was able to reproduce this as well. I always assumed the Want entry box would erase any text input if you switched from two-way to one-way but it does indeed remember the text just as GhostMouse's screenshot shows.

Oh hah, okay, I can reproduce it too, though it didn't remember my text.

I'll get it reported up!

Just now, Kaini said:

Oh hah, okay, I can reproduce it too, though it didn't remember my text.

I'll get it reported up!

Thanks! It puts that text in for me every single time I create a trade. I believe it was the first thing I ever typed into the wants box with the new Trading Hub, although I have made other trades with other "wants" since then.

I have a very similar bug happening. When I look at my one-way transfer, there's a want line, too. Since I didn't change the teleportation type, I had no way to put someting into the want box, so it's empty for me. But it's still weird.

wants.png.5c4094cd0159728d52fd187e1ed3b9db.png

Sign in to follow this