absofacto

market organization

I personally find the market page a bit overwhelming?

maybe an option to change it to a list view? instead of three columns

and a big suggestion would be a filter on prices so you can easily find eggs you can afford

I'd *love* a way to filter prices, only show the ones you can currently afford, etc. Personally, scrolling down that huge list, it's not obvious at a glance which ones I can afford or not, the color difference between the clickable buy button and the 'greyed-out' buy button is not all that obvious when trying to scroll through it. Plus there just being too many breeds on the page, it does get a little overwhelming to the eyes. 

I don't find the columns to be a problem at all, I quite like them as is. How ever I would also be happy to see a filter by price! Either a "sort: low to high" (like online shopping) or sort by what you can afford.

I don't normally use the market but I can agree that the page could use some extra things to help filter it. It's a pretty overwhelming page to look at for me too.

Maybe filter "by rarity", "by price", or "by breed" type of things? I'm not quite sure on the rarity one, but it could work as a filter potentially.

Would pricing be difficult to filter because (apparently) prices change every so often? (I'm guessing not but thought I'd bring up the question.)

Oh yeah, you're right, @Tesla. That could present a problem, mostly with higher-priced things like Golds or Silvers, whose prices fluctuate. Nice catch!

I'm thinking that the fluctuating prices wouldn't be too much of a problem, actually. The prices would still change, but you could use the "filter by price" option to still see the prices in their order at that time. Sort of like... "Hmm, wonder what the prices are at the moment..." *sorts by price* Wow! [breed #1] is a more expensive than [breed #2] today!" 

For the user, I think it could still work. As for programming that, though, I'm not sure how difficult it would be because I don't know anything about that! 😛

7 hours ago, Tesla said:

I'm thinking that the fluctuating prices wouldn't be too much of a problem, actually. The prices would still change, but you could use the "filter by price" option to still see the prices in their order at that time. Sort of like... "Hmm, wonder what the prices are at the moment..." *sorts by price* Wow! [breed #1] is a more expensive than [breed #2] today!" 

For the user, I think it could still work. As for programming that, though, I'm not sure how difficult it would be because I don't know anything about that! 😛

This. Like amazon and ebay :)

Sort by breed name and price seem to be the most logical options, to me.

I'm in favor of any way to sort/filter the market to make it easier to navigate. Being able to filter out whatever you can't afford would be very useful.

I agree that sorting by breed and by price make the most sense. Maybe also a reverse sort for each of those (like on Amazon)?
Sorting by rarity doesn't make much sense to me. Since the prices are supposed to reflect rarity anyway, it should end up in the same order as sorting by price.

Frankly, I'd like it if by default breeds  not yet unlocked sorted to the bottom of the list. It would certainly make it easier to identify breeds you still need to unlock.

I think that having the option of ordering by price (from lowest to highest or highest to lowest) would be really great. Filtering would be nice too, though I just use Ctrl+F to find the dragon breed I'm looking for. *shrugs*

3 hours ago, Fiona said:

Frankly, I'd like it if by default breeds  not yet unlocked sorted to the bottom of the list. It would certainly make it easier to identify breeds you still need to unlock.

Yes, this sounds very useful. Second that. Especially since my eyes have trouble seeing the grayed out "Buy" buttons for them when they're mixed in amongst the rest.