Cireth

ANSWERED:Can We Please Have Prizes Available in the Market

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

And I really dislike the idea of giving Prizes to people who have played a long time, even though I am one of those people. It is just a bad idea for all the reasons that others have already mentioned.

This. Much as I want one and would qualify.

I'm still trying to understand how doing a lot of work (ie: a year or more of shard gathering) somehow makes prizes less special than "wow, you pushed a button and got lucky".  Generally, a thing is worth what you put into it; so shouldn't that actually make a prize you can actually work for more special?  It's like lineages, which is the main reason people want prizes.  The harder you have to work to get that lineage to look the way you want, generally the prouder you are of it/the more it is worth to you at least.  And other people that trade lineages also likely know which ones are harder to do = also worth more. 

Also, why do they need to be "special" ? Hasn't they're being special done enough damage to trading and the community?  If they were meant to be a super special thing only contest winner ever got then they shouldn't have been breedable.  Just a badge of honor that happens to be shaped like a dragon.  but they are, and people would like to actually try working with them at a foreseeable future, not maybe if you try for the next hundred years you may finally get there. 

I was here when they started.  I voted on every single stupid tree that first year.  Sadly it was more of a popularity contest than a "decorating" one, but people at least had to do something to try for them.  I don't see why asking for a guarantee for a substantially larger effort is much different than a minuscule chance for a minor effort.  I also have a bronze tin from the new raffles, which I wouldn't have got if they hadn't come back. Unfortunately, he's not much of a breeder and I'm lucky to get super commons out of him.  It's nice, but did I earn it? Is this dragon super special because of uber luck?  It doesn't really feel that way.  I'd much rather be able to work towards that goal of earning one (or more).  Like I'm still working on a pair of CB golds.  I've been hear 9 years and the single one I have was gifted to me.  also all for cb hybrids: I've wanted an alt vine since HMs were a thing. far more than I want even all 6 prizes together.

12 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

I'm still trying to understand how doing a lot of work (ie: a year or more of shard gathering) somehow makes prizes less special than "wow, you pushed a button and got lucky".  Generally, a thing is worth what you put into it; so shouldn't that actually make a prize you can actually work for more special?  It's like lineages, which is the main reason people want prizes.  The harder you have to work to get that lineage to look the way you want, generally the prouder you are of it/the more it is worth to you at least.  And other people that trade lineages also likely know which ones are harder to do = also worth more. 

*clap clap* Yes, that's something I honestly don't understand. I think the mentality is something along the lines of 'because it's random, if I win I'm super-lucky!', but I don't understand why 'lucky' equals 'more special'. I completely agree with you, I feel *much* more excited/happy/'special' when I accomplish something that I've worked hard for (like hitting a scroll-goal on a hard-to-find breed), then just having something fall into my lap because I clicked a button and got lucky. I would personally treasure my Prize a *lot* more if it was something I had worked for, played consistently for a year or two and had the discipline and willpower to save all the shards instead of buying less-expensive things.

Reminds me a bit of getting a GoN back when they first came out - only that there was no limit to the amount of GoNs given out. Took me two years and four months to get my 2nd. By that time, I wasn't feeling special, happy or anything like it. I was merely relieved that the annoyance of Summoning was done with. (Of course, later on, we could summon a third GoN, and the chore started anew.) I don't think it would be much different if I eventually won the Prize I want the most. (Which I probably won't, knowing me.)

Oh god - summoning. I was running a disaster contest with Sir Barton and we had my lovely "Three years and all I summoned was this stupid banner" thing - I actually got my first at 2 years and 10 months, as I recall...

But collecting shards wouldn't  be as bad - summoning you had no control at all - just clicked and prayed. I too will never win a prize... Rng is out to get me.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Well, obviously the GoN summoning thing reminded me of The Raffle TM, not of any market option. You have no control, need to remember to sign on in regular intervals and all that. The only difference is that the chances to win the raffle are much, much worse. And Summoning was already so bad that it sucked all the joy out of finally succeeding.

Summoning is hard and frustrating and not fun at all for many, but yeah it's definitely better then the raffle. You get a better chance at success the more Trios you have (right?), and it seems to be completely independent from other users. You aren't going up against hundreds (possibly thousands) of other users for a finite amount of successes, it's not like one user having a success means that's one less success available for everyone else... Yup, definitely preferable to the raffle.

... makes me wish I could try to summon a Prize, too ...

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

we already have that, its called enter a raffle each month.

Oh god summoning. I *still* haven't managed to get my third GoN, and it's utterly frustrating. Seriously one of the worst parts of this game - and Prize raffling is the same, except for every successful win, a dozen other players *must* fail

17 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Also, why do they need to be "special" ? Hasn't they're being special done enough damage to trading and the community?  If they were meant to be a super special thing only contest winner ever got then they shouldn't have been breedable.  Just a badge of honor that happens to be shaped like a dragon.  but they are, and people would like to actually try working with them at a foreseeable future, not maybe if you try for the next hundred years you may finally get there. 

This ^^^ And let's not forget people can win the raffle multiple times with no time limit. How about that for luck? :(

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Summoning is hard and frustrating and not fun at all for many, but yeah it's definitely better then the raffle. You get a better chance at success the more Trios you have (right?), and it seems to be completely independent from other users. You aren't going up against hundreds (possibly thousands) of other users for a finite amount of successes, it's not like one user having a success means that's one less success available for everyone else... Yup, definitely preferable to the raffle.

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

8 hours ago, Starscream said:

No it is NOT. Summoning is independent for every other player, and there are things you can do to up your chances. It is NOT in any way competitive.

6 hours ago, lucidapple said:

This ^^^ And let's not forget people can win the raffle multiple times with no time limit. How about that for luck? :(

Yeah. Not that I am one who is against multiple wins, but if every time someone else summoned, your chances got less - no. And in effect that is what the raffle gives you. Every win for someone is another time you didn't win and someone else did. With summon every fail is a fail for you personally and affects no-one else.

13 hours ago, Starscream said:

Hardly. It's not very skill-based (or at least grounded in "get more trios") and summoning is, critically, not a contest.

The cap of obtainable CB GoNs scales with the player base. 

Do we actually know that ? In any event - TJ can - and does - tweak things; it did suddenly get a LOT easier after I got my first.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Do we actually know that ? In any event - TJ can - and does - tweak things; it did suddenly get a LOT easier after I got my first.

The cap is - probably - players * 3.

8 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

(off-topic but) I don't know about that, it might have just been your RNG. I got my first one on my first attempt, my second not too long after that, and I've been trying for my third for years without success.

Been trying for a year for a GoN. No success. Almost have six sets of trios, when my brats decide to actually breed me more. If that is "suddenly a LOT easier", I'm not seeing it yet.

Also against the whole "get a prize based on age of account". That makes a promise to new players that DC--and the player themselves--will be around long enough to grant them that shiny prize. It just seems like a fast way to make certain prizes even rarer than others because only a certain group would have the CBs of them. Which is roughly the same problem we currently have now, just a different group. I don't see how this solves much.

Edited by animatedrose

9 hours ago, Ninjakittee said:

(off-topic but) I don't know about that, it might have just been your RNG. I got my first one on my first attempt, my second not too long after that, and I've been trying for my third for years without success.

But how long ago ? I starter trying the day they were released...

31 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But how long ago ? I starter trying the day they were released...

My first GoN was stolen on Sep 06 2015, and my second GoN was stolen Aug 10 2016. Been trying ever since with no luck. Admittedly, I only joined DC July 2015, so there is that

2 minutes ago, Ninjakittee said:

My first GoN was stolen on Sep 06 2015, and my second GoN was stolen Aug 10 2016. Been trying ever since with no luck. Admittedly, I only joined DC July 2015, so there is that

Ah. AFTER TJ upped the odds ;)

My first was summoned on 7th May 2013. They were released on March 26, 2010 , and I started summoning almost at once. With singular lack of success, as you can see :lol:

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Ah. AFTER TJ upped the odds ;)

My first was summoned on 7th May 2013. They were released on March 26, 2010 , and I started summoning almost at once. With singular lack of success, as you can see :lol:

GoNs are so frustrating. Although, not nearly as frustrating as the Prize raffles are (at least to me and many others, even if not everyone).

We can all wish upon a star for better Summons success I suppose XD 

On 8/25/2018 at 5:29 AM, Ninjakittee said:

We can all wish upon a star for better Summons success I suppose XD 

I wish you all good luck. May your next summons be fruitful.

I still think the current system is okay for prizes. What concerns me is the multi-scrollers having more opportunities to win and benefit over the honest players - I feel that can contribute the issue.

Edited by Starscream

44 minutes ago, Starscream said:

I wish you all good luck. May your next summons be fruitful.

I still think the current system is okay for prizes. What concerns me is the multi-scrollers having more opportunities to win and benefit over the honest players - I feel that can contribute the issue.

Well, if they're multiscrolling, they probably already are doing that now. If people are gonna cheat, they're gonna do it regardless of how prizes are obtainable. I don't think "because multiscrolling" is a strong enough argument against because it hinders improvement to the fair players' experience simply because something *could* happen. Prizes are already locked to scrolls and cheaters would be limited in what they could do anyway (outside of what they're probably already doing) since you can't transfer shards or cb prizes.