Cireth

ANSWERED:Can We Please Have Prizes Available in the Market

Also forgot to say that some trades that don't get filled to hang around for longer so it can appear that x is worth a lot of y even if people end up having to accept a lot less or never get offered anything. Also trades that people are more likely to offer on can also go more quickly. 

I would seriously be happy with like, 4 Cheeses, for a 2g Prize. Provided I owned a CB tinsel. I care about the look of the sprites and the dragons I like, not the rarity. I don't like the way NDs and CB Golds look, so don't expect to see me asking for any. Maybe a CB Gold, just so I can complete my sprite collection. NDs are just fugly. 

I just...really want a darned 2G Silver tinsel. Or a CB Silver tinsel. Why is silver SO SHINY!? And why is Bronze so 'meh'? And Gold is rare for 2G prizes. I see a ton of 2G Bronzes (and have like, 5 2G Bronze tinsels) but not one silver or gold 2G. 

I honestly don't understand why 2G prizes are so expensive. Why do people demand rares in the first place? Why not just ask for what they LIKE instead of what's rare? Like I said, I'd take an IOU of 10 Balloons or several Cheeses for a 2G tinsel. Because the sprites are adorable.

Well, considering what a Cheese costs in the market - always in comparison to a CB gold - I'd not consider that too generous. Not to mention that it can't be easy to have four unbreedables of the same kind growing on your scroll at any one time.

12 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, considering what a Cheese costs in the market - always in comparison to a CB gold - I'd not consider that too generous. Not to mention that it can't be easy to have four unbreedables of the same kind growing on your scroll at any one time.

Heh. I actually have three Cheeses growing on my scroll right now! I had six at one point. They all grew except three. But...maybe 2 Cheese for one?

To be honest, if you have 2nd gen Prizes to trade, it's your decision what to trade them for. Put them up for a couple of days with "best offer of cheeses and/or whatever-else-you-want" and see what you get offered. Name the non-prize parent "PM Suzumiya to negotiate". Whichever. ;) Three of the same kind (or even more) of rare dragon is only achieved by people who actively seek out that breed, and nothing else - be it through trading, hunting or buying from the market.

That would be smart. Now I need a 2G Prize to do this with. Haha. Anyone wanna give me one? XD

I like the idea of having the non-Prize parent named that, but if I don't own the CB prize parent, I can't do it!

I wish I could get hold of a super rare dragon that was worth like, six cheeses. I have 73 Cheeses. My goal is 100. I must keep working!

3 hours ago, Suzumiya said:

I honestly don't understand why 2G prizes are so expensive. Why do people demand rares in the first place? Why not just ask for what they LIKE instead of what's rare? Like I said, I'd take an IOU of 10 Balloons or several Cheeses for a 2G tinsel. Because the sprites are adorable.

Some people want them because they like them.  I absolutely love silvers.  And some simply because "rare"  To a great extent, that's human nature:  to want the unattainable, the bigger, the better, the more expensive.  Some time back a player who is long gone from the site said he only "liked the cool dragons".  If gold dragons were named butterscotch dragons and brimstones were named gold and rare, people would want them in stead. 

It isn't always a bad thing to strive for the unreachable.  Without that quirk of human nature, we'd still be living in caves and hunting with spears.clubs and rocks.

And by the way, I happen to love NDs.  I also make them for the challenge.

Also, to stay on subject, I do wish prizes were in the market.  I know the stated reasoning for them not being there,  but selfishly (why do we ever make suggestions if they don't benefit us in some way) I just want them.  And I have nothing else to spend these shards on. I have my scroll goals of everything else in CB form. And lineages, I want to do those.  One can hope.

Edited by Imzadi

On 9/1/2018 at 10:00 AM, Suzumiya said:

Why not just ask for what they LIKE instead of what's rare? Like I said, I'd take an IOU of 10 Balloons or several Cheeses for a 2G tinsel. Because the sprites are adorable. 

Several reasons: first, if what they like is common, they don't have to make a trade. They can just grab it themselves and not have to bother. Second, adorable is in the eye of the beholder. I don't like cheeses at all; you love them. Third, golds and silvers are popular mates for breeding projects because their colors match almost everything. Fourth, many people don't like asking for IOU's because frankly not everyone follows through, and who would want to risk a 2nd-gen tinsel like that? And finally, there's actually a very small pool of actively trading people around here, so you don't usually get very many offers of the things you really like. I like 3rd-gen checkers. I always end up trading for them with the same 3 people, because no one else here produces them, not even when I offer a CB gold. 😄

16 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Several reasons: first, if what they like is common, they don't have to make a trade. They can just grab it themselves and not have to bother. Second, adorable is in the eye of the beholder. I don't like cheeses at all; you love them. Third, golds and silvers are popular mates for breeding projects because their colors match almost everything. Fourth, many people don't like asking for IOU's because frankly not everyone follows through, and who would want to risk a 2nd-gen tinsel like that? And finally, there's actually a very small pool of actively trading people around here, so you don't usually get very many offers of the things you really like. I like 3rd-gen checkers. I always end up trading for them with the same 3 people, because no one else here produces them, not even when I offer a CB gold. 😄

That's...sadly true, actually. But the Balloons thing...I haven't actually been able to catch any, lately. I don't think they're super common anymore. Or someone else is also hoarding them. 

CB Silvers do indeed match ANYTHING. I love those metals, I won't deny it. They are gorgeous. I do not like CB Golds, though. The sprites...ugh. No. Uggglly. To me, personally. The females are okay, but the males are NOT. I liked the old sprite better, even though it looked, er, old. And sadly, the IOU thing is so true. I've had people not follow through, and I've been personally unable to follow through in a certain amount of time due to someone either not being able to claim their egg I owe them (because they're on vacation or something when I happen to get it) or I just have bad luck that week. 

And omg, checkers...don't even get me started! I can't trade for an albino/balloon 3EG checker for NOTHING! No one but me seems like that pairing!

On 8/28/2018 at 1:55 PM, Stromboli said:

Would be interesting if we had Prizes in the market, pretty exorbitantly priced (like, still far and away the hardest dragons to get ahold of kind of price), but introduce some consolation prize to the raffle of bonus shards. Number of Prize dragons distributed is fixed, but maybe something like 5% of entrants get a purse of 500 shards, 15% get 250 shards, 30% get 100 shards. Every month half the people who enter win something. If they wanna use that bonus as savings for a super-expensive Prize, they can do that.

I ...actually woudln't be opposed to this idea at all.

As you say, if a person wanted to bank their shards for something shiny , later on.... up to them!

OR if there is something else they want currently...

4 minutes ago, JavaTigress said:

I ...actually woudln't be opposed to this idea at all.

As you say, if a person wanted to bank their shards for something shiny , later on.... up to them!

OR if there is something else they want currently...

Yes. I would LOVE that. I've used about 500 shards on Balloons alone. They seem to be much harder to get than usual. I'll get lucky and get one sometimes, but usually...no luck. I don't want to save for a Prize or CB metal, but I'd love extra shards to help with lineage projects.

1 hour ago, Suzumiya said:

That's...sadly true, actually. But the Balloons thing...I haven't actually been able to catch any, lately. I don't think they're super common anymore. Or someone else is also hoarding them. 

Yup.

https://dragcave.net/group/1661

That's not me. But I know who it is.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Yup.

https://dragcave.net/group/1661

That's not me. But I know who it is.

You...you monster! I'm close to 100 Balloons, but geez! You steal them all! That is an amazing collection of beautiful bouncy babies!

Xenos are the only thing I have that's over 200. https://dragcave.net/group/4414

Edited by Suzumiya

16 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

Yes. I would LOVE that. I've used about 500 shards on Balloons alone. They seem to be much harder to get than usual. I'll get lucky and get one sometimes, but usually...no luck. I don't want to save for a Prize or CB metal, but I'd love extra shards to help with lineage projects.

Totally.

Not balloons for me, but at times it does seem like the exact dragon I am looking for seems to hide from me, I swear. ( That is EVEN if they are ordinarily UBER common.)

So a consolation bonus of shards would NOT be unappreciated.

Edited by JavaTigress

24 minutes ago, Suzumiya said:

You...you monster! I'm close to 100 Balloons, but geez! You steal them all! That is an amazing collection of beautiful bouncy babies!

As I said - not mine. I don't have that many of any one breed. I have 314 whites - I think that's my MOST.

meanwhile...

But yeah. I feel like Prizes should be the most expensive breeds by far (Golds take, what, 10 months-ish?  so prizes would probably need to be a year or more of saving?) but try to nip the "OMG The price NEEDS to be lowered who can save for fifteen months for oNE EGg!!!" threads in the bud by creating a means of getting bonus shards.

Or don't and let people deal with the price, idk. I just have a suspicion that if they hit the market, that'll be most of the replies in Market Feedback for a while.

I support that the prizes be added into the market... I play this game since 2012 and with the raffle sistem it didn't reward me for my activity and loyalty all these years at all.  And I do enter every single month -.-

Having Prizes available as a reward for loyalty and saving was the entire reason the store was proposed, so I am 1000% in support of this.

Also I'd get to choose a Silver Tinsel instead of hoping to be lucky on top of lucky

16 minutes ago, Zeditha said:

Having Prizes available as a reward for loyalty and saving was the entire reason the store was proposed, so I am 1000% in support of this.

What she said. It was the whole IDEA when we started asking for a store. And the one thing we didn't get.

Almost. I actually asked for CB hybrids from the store XD (which I didn't get either, of course, for reasons that make absolutely no narrative sense at all)

I'd be in favor of this. I also like the suggestion of shards as a consolation raffle prize for people who didn't win. Maybe increasing amounts (up to 100 or something?) for every month you don't win.

28 minutes ago, Sunfeathers said:

I'd be in favor of this. I also like the suggestion of shards as a consolation raffle prize for people who didn't win. Maybe increasing amounts (up to 100 or something?) for every month you don't win.

Not everyone should get shards as a consolation prize. I didn't think that was what was suggested. Just that beyond the Prizes there would be a certain number of shard prizes. I could support a suggestion like that, but not shards for everyone who enters and doesn't win. 

Nah, my initial thought had been that not everyone would get shards every raffle, but that the consolation prize would at least be proportional to the number of people who enter. And would make raffles feel less pointless, as well as giving a boost to people who've consigned themselves to saving up for what would probably be a very expensive egg if prizes were on the market. So if they were on the market at a price that'd take like 15 months or more to save up with 100 shards a week, you at least have a chance to shave off a week or three here and there.

Sorry if this is taking the concept off track, but I feel like if these were put on the market they are going to be... pricey...

tryin' to get ahead of what'd probably be the next wave of problems people have with prize distribution.

I think something like a 5-shard guaranteed prize would be reasonable, if there was to be a guaranteed prize. It would definitely encourage more players to participate in the raffle each month, which could be seen as a good or a bad thing. (Personally, selfishly speaking, I want as few people as possible to participate in the raffle, to increase prize chances for those who do.)

But I am very definitely in favour of some kind of prize being given out *proportionally* to rafflegoers. Maybe even 'consolation prizes' of metals? I'd be happy if, say, 1% of raffle entrants got a CB Gold, 5% a Silver, and 15% a Copper (the three kinds distributed in equal numbers), plus perhaps a large (500-1,000?) and a small (100-200?) shard prize to larger portions of players (perhaps 20% and 30%).

All my numbers are, of course, fairly arbitrary.

Eggs gained from the Raffles should be like those bought from the Market; you can't trade them, only AP them.

Although, I'd be okay with the idea of being able to 'cash in' your egg and get its shard equivalent instead. I'm speaking as someone who really dislikes Golds and would far prefer the... however many shards it is. (I don't even have them unlocked so I can't look at their price lol)

If prizes were to be introduced into the market, I'd like to see them all on a fairly equivalent price level. Perhaps 10,000 for Bronze, 11,000 for Silver, 12,000 for Gold. I like the Silvers the most, and would hate if it were, say, 10k, 20k, 30k, because that means I'd have to choose between two Bronze Prizes or one Silver.

(I'm ok with higher prices - just an example of what I mean!)

As someone who has won a prize despite only having played the game for about two months, I still support the idea of adding the prizes to the market. It would make sense to reward people for loyalty and activity on the site by letting them buy the most sought after CBs in the game if the raffle hasn't graced them with any even after all the years. It would also make receiving a prize feel more like a thing you've earned, rather than something that just fell on your lap out of nowhere based on the whims of RNG. That said, I do not think there should be any additional ways to earn shards.