• Ruby Eyes' Curious Plant
    • Little-Star's View From a House
    • hedy's Forest Valley
    • Lagie's Banyan Tree
    • GhostMouse's Snow Monkey
    • Naraku's Hydrophobic Sheep
    • water_angel's Windy Irish Steps

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2018 at 10:59 PM

Welcome to the Photography Contest!

Here you submit photos you've taken and users vote on which photo they like the best.

Entries:

sh20000sh's Passport and Boarding Pass

Rousalka's Double Rainbow

XDLugia's Niagara Falls

lovecats99's Snoozing Marine Iguanas

Ruby Eyes' Curious Plant

Little-Star's View From a House
hedy's Forest Valley

Lagie's Banyan Tree

GhostMouse's Snow Monkey
Naraku's Hydrophobic Sheep

water_angel's Windy Irish Steps

Submission deadline: 23rd August

This time the theme is: Vacation

Get out your vacation pics and choose your favourite! Photos can be from summer vacations, winter vacations, a couple towns over or the other side of the world; as long as you were on vacation when you took it, anything goes!

Rules

- One entry per person.

- Picture has to be made by yourself and can't be just a reproduction of someone's work. If someone else's work is in the picture, there needs to be something extra.

- No manipulation besides basic photo adjustments (contrast, exposure, cropping, color balance, lighting, etc.).

- No text or framing in the photo. A signature/watermark is just fine, but it's preferable if you don't have "O Hai Eye Hav3 T3XT" (or something similar) present in the photo.

- When voting, please don't select your own image. This will ensure fairness.

- You are free to submit an old photo; you don't need to take a new one just for this competition.

- Winner hosts the next contest.

Previous themes:

1: Beginning anew / 2: Simplicity / 3: Summer / 4: Wildlife / 5: Black & White / 6: Food / 7: Macro / 8: Farewell / 9: Light and Shadow / 10: Urban

11: In the home / 12: Travel Photography / 13: Pets / 14: Red / 15: Coupled Animals / 16: Clouds / 17: Green / 18: Water / 19: Scenic views / 20: Invertebrates

21: Sunrise/Sunset / 22: Purple / 23: Out of Context / 24: Snow / 25: Flowers / 26: Mountains / 27: Old / 28: Birds / 29: Inanimate Objects / 30: New Life

31: Play / 32: Road / 33: Leaves / 34: People / 35. Books / 36. Statues / 37. Nighttime / 38. Candy / 39: Fruits / 40: Reflection

41: Transportation / 42: Trees / 43: Happiness / 44: Communication / 45: Youth / 46: Colors / 47: New Year / 48: Music / 49: Contrast / 50: Pink

51: Spring / 52: The first letter of your username / 53: Party! / 54. White / 55. Weather / 56: Buildings / 57: Union / 58: Doors, gates and windows / 59: Texture / 60: Pairs

61: Your Favorite / 62: Mushrooms / 63: Happy holidays / 64: Treasure / 65: Bells / 66: Warmth / 67: Blue / 68: Center / 69: Zoo / 70: Memories

71: Chitin / 72: Garden / 73: Silhouette / 74: Darkness / 75: W / 76: Small / 77: Silly / 78: Toys / 79: Three / 80: Autumn

81: Yellow / 82: Macro / 83. Horizon / 84. Winter/Christmas / 85: Skies / 86: Baked Goods / 87: Your Home town / 88: Abandoned places / 89: F / 90: Fears

91: Adventure / 92: Detail / 93: Illumination / 94: Color Orange / 95: Black and white / 96: Abstract / 97: Unnoticed / 98: Fire / 99: History / 100: Bridges

101: Wild animal close ups / 102: Street Lights / 103: Hobby / 104: Three / 105: Eyes / 106: Unappreciated / 107: Desk / 108: Opposites / 109: Mechanical Parts / 110: Monuments

111: The bond / 112: Action / 113: Up / 114: Spooky / 115: Self / 116: Extreme Weather / 117: Patterns / 118: Down / 119: Ground / 120: Brown

121: Softness / 122: C / 123: Summer / 124: Flowers / 125: Gathering / 126. Living Room / 127. v1 Crystal/Gemstone / 127. v2 Nostalgia / 128: Mammals / 129: Sea and Lake / 130: Birthday Cake

131: Aquatic Creatures / 132: Sunshine and Summertime / 133: Close-up Photography / 134: Rainbows / 135: Circles / 136: Coffee / 137: Storm / 138: Halloween / 139: Something You See in Everyday Things / 140: Celebrate!
141: Signs of Affection / 142: Most recent photo / 143: Easter / 144: Pastels / 145: Wings / 146: Hope / 147: Text / 148: Home / 149: Winter

Edited by Alectrona

I was just came back from Nepal. I have to spend some more day in Bangladesh though.

I think passport and boarding pass can be proper evidence for travel.

so here is my entry: passport and boarding pass

Spoiler

passport_by_sh20000sh-dckatni.jpg

Edited by sh20000sh
Image link edit

In my last vacation I went to a  beach city and saw a double rainbow, so I took a photo of it

Spoiler

9RefW33.jpg

I wish my camera wasn't so bad. xD

I've been on a few trips this year and one of the most memorable was going to Niagara Falls. This is a picture of the American Falls, which is the US side of Niagara Falls.

Sometimes you've just gotta go out and experience something completely different.

So here's a pic of some snoozing Marine Iguanas I took at Tortuga Bay, Galapagos, just over a fortnight ago.

Spoiler

aYCdW7V.jpg

It was very relaxing watching them bathe in the sand doing nothing at all -  I wish I could've join 'em!

5 years ago, I hopped over the big pond to the west, went into the desert, and drove some hours northwards, towards the red mountains of Arizona. Somehow, I didn't make it to the Grand Canyon that year XD Best thing about vacation is, I can take photos of ALL the things that look interesting to me. No need to pay attention to colleagues, schedules, customers ...

Besides plenty of landscape pictures, I also took one of this curious plant growing to look into the building:

img_0932.png.27104f76214376f917febe2b06331721.png

When I went back to my hometown last summer with my boyfriend (It takes 11 hours in a car plus 5 hours ferry to get there from where I live so I don't go often)

That's the view from my parents house (actually thats my grandpa's house on the picture)

Spoiler

2pxqmXx.jpg

Edited by Little-Star

A few years ago I went to Frankfurt with my family and we visited the forest valleys and vineyards nearby:

Spoiler

LwULZpI.png

Banyan tree in Cypress Gardens, Florida:

IMG_0799.JPG

Great topic! I've had such a hard time choosing just one photo. In July I visited NYC for the first time and of course had to go to the Central Park Zoo! This was a difficult angle to get but I managed to catch this Snow Monkey looking pensive.

Snow Monkey:

Spoiler

bWpELTV.jpg

@lovecats99 I am SO jealous, visiting the Galapagos is my dream trip!

Edited by GhostMouse

One of my most memorable moments when I was in Ireland. Right after I took this picture a strong wind came in and I was stuck at this spot and then again at the top for over 20 minutes each.

r74dEsh.jpg

I did. I was lucky I had on the tour headset, headband and two hoods or I would have been sightless for the rest of the vacation.

What a lot of lovely photos there are! The poll is now up, so go pick your favourite!

Difficult choice! So many good pictures of such varied scenes!

Since this is stuck at a tie, and there really are a lot of amazing pictures, I am going to go do a round up of events to promote over the ... well right before the weekend.... so people know how to get started and where to go, and since this is open to the end of the month and simple... Let's get some people over here, we need to break this tie, or get some others into a tie, or... whatever you do with ties in your personal time is not for discussion but Every VOTE COUNTS!

I'm super Hyped we got a few more votes in - BUT - there is still TODAY TO VOTE - Is Your Favorite Not Winning? Is your Favorite Winning? Does Another Picture Deserve Your Vote? (I'm talking about new people, not people who have already voted!) So if you see this thread, Vote Today! It is the last day, and every vote counts! Let's lock in the winner and this place is so much fun, why don't you think about joining in on a future round?

I can just picture it now.... you submitting fun pictures, you having a great time... you becoming the champion of photos for that round and meeting new and older (but still just as young lookin!) people and doing something both simple and yet creative... could start stirring those creative juices and could launch you into inspiration to do things like.... Open your own art thread.... start writing dragon descriptions and naming your dragons, maybe start drawing and writing in real life, maybe starting to get into creating Dragon Concepts and/or Spriting... you could go so many ways, we need more creativity in our lives, let's start with something that doesn't require you to be a master and learn to have fun and share your loveliness in the world and inspire others and more importantly, inspire yourself to do even more and to believe more in yourself and your creative gifts and just ability to do what you enjoy and maybe look for new skills and find new things to enjoy and new awesome people to add to your Dragon Cave experience!