crocodile100

How long have you been with the Dragon Cave?

Lurked enviously starting in 2011, finally joined in 2013. I've been active for at least a few weeks a year since then, though I keep missing holidays!

This September will mark my 8th year playing Dragon Cave. I've grown up a lot since first joining so I'm not as active as I used to be, but I still make time in my busy schedule to put in a bit of playing time :) 

I jouned January 2009 and found Dragoncave via other websites, notably Gaiaonline. Next to Valenth and Magistream I was my first adoptable site I believe.

Also, I didn't get to grab the 2008 Valentines witch bugged  me ever since. I was new, the egg description was weird, I didn't new thy were only there for a day and grabbed away so fast.. I didn't bother trying to get them 😕 Now I know better

I joined in April 2009, closing in on 10 years now.  I first found the DC when a forum that I still belong to had some of its members began posting their Dragons.  I am now the only member of that forum still  active in here,  and I just turned 72...

I joined in 2008. I honestly don't remember how I found the site. I do remember that I played the game on my own for at least four years before discovering the forums and the wiki. Then I learned to my dismay that all my dragons I'd hatched were lineages considered "messy" and therefore worthless, so I had to release the messies and catch better lineaged dragons, which occupied the rest of my time on DC. I've made enough progress now, though, that I've started making cool lineages of my own ^_^

I joined some days before the release of the original Vampires in 2008.  As I had no clue of Holiday releases, I decided to stay away of the eggs that were "stone cold and smelled rotten" as I thought these were probably dead and would never hatch. Guess how annoyed I was about my stupidity a bit later XD

I joined in 2013, so I'm a newer player than most here.  I've been playing on and off for almost 6 years now, but I enjoy it a lot when I do! I first saw someone's eggs on another site called Howrse (highly recommend it if you like Dragon Cave) and got curious about collecting dragons. At first, I had no clue what I was doing, but I still have my first pygmy... I was in middle school when I started and I'm in college now. Go figure. 🙂

After many unsuccessful tries, finally set up my scroll in May 2104 ... took another 7 months to access these forums. :wacko:

Arrived through GGG and Frodo ... encouragement from Justie paved the way ... eventually.

Best thing I ever did .. in spite of limited cyber skills, have enjoyed endless hours in here with beautiful dragons to show for it all.

Unlike escape through Big Fish games ... in here, is time  well wasted.  :wink: :tongue: :tudedragon:

February 07, 2009. That's when I joined. While it doesn't really say that on my scroll, I know which dragon I got first. And use that date always. So It's been 7 years now. ^^

WB   

Man, if only I knew internet back then. I got more freedom to explore the world of internet around 4 years ago, but just found Dragon Cave about 4 months ago this year. And that's purely by luck, I was randomly searching "hey what would be interesting to search? Ice dragons? Hydras?", then entered keywords "Balloon Dragon" (after seeing some bizarre "Ballooning" videos on Youtube, which made absolutely no sense to me, but at the same time curious how far would that go), and apparently, I got nothing but literal balloons shaped to dragons except the DC Balloon Dragon.

Welcome to Dragon Cave XD

Edited by BlueLatios

Joined in 2010 but stopped playing in 2012. Needed something to do during game queues and raid downtimes... so a couple weeks back I dug up my old scroll. I'm surprised all my dragon names were intact.

1 hour ago, Astreya said:

I joined some days before the release of the original Vampires in 2008.  As I had no clue of Holiday releases, I decided to stay away of the eggs that were "stone cold and smelled rotten" as I thought these were probably dead and would never hatch. Guess how annoyed I was about my stupidity a bit later XD

Hahaha that release was soooo difficult and people were freaking out about the rumor that if you caught one of the new stone cold eggs it would result in the death of one of your existing dragons lol.  I remember spazz-clicking and I caught one anyway, and then I kept an eye on my scroll like a hawk just in case.

How'd that rumor even start? I didn't catch any because I had just joined days earlier and I was too stubborn to abandon my first batch of eggs (they were a day away from hatching). Then I couldn't trade for any of the original vamps because I was new and had nothing of value. xD

@Leidarendi

I didn't hear about the rumour, but the description of the eggs was scary enough XD

February 2010. Didn't play too seriously (missed holidays) until 2012/13. I didn't even know about click sites till 2012.

I started in November of 2008 so I am near my ten year mark!  I found DC through forum signatures through a forum I used to visit. 

3 hours ago, Leidarendi said:

Hahaha that release was soooo difficult and people were freaking out about the rumor that if you caught one of the new stone cold eggs it would result in the death of one of your existing dragons lol.  I remember spazz-clicking and I caught one anyway, and then I kept an eye on my scroll like a hawk just in case.

That was so funny.  I hid mine in among adults so they would't get my other eggs, just in case.

My oldest adult dragon was stolen Oct 5, 2008.  I started a few days before that, but had no idea how to hatch eggs so I abandoned the first 4 at some point, waited a couple of days and started again.  So, very late September 2008.

Edited by Imzadi

I started my Scroll in late February of 2009.  Someone on a roleplaying forum I frequented at the time had dragons in their signature, and once I found it I was hooked.  I haven't played consistently since then, but I'm back just in time for the end-of-year event dragons and my 10 year anniversary in a few months!

This is my second go at DC so far :) I had a scroll around 2008-2009 and stopped playing shortly after the release of Stripeds, Balloons etc. (because of other interests which were more time consuming).

I remember that I first found DC through people (in a dog forum I was active in) who had those little egg / hatchie images in their signature. Unfortunately, when I wanted to come back to DC this year (curiosity and such) I realised that I had forgotten my old scroll name (+ email address) :( and so I had basically no clue how to get it back.

After a few days of struggling to remember I decided to make a new one (which now states that I joined "Jul 07, 2018") :D

My original scroll was in 2009, but I have long lost access to that account and emails associated with it after an incident involving someone taking far too heavy an interest in my activities online. :/

I rejoined a few weeks ago and I've been having a lot of fun though! 

Lots of cool stuff has changed, and the community is still so lovely. I get a little sad when I look at all of my old shinies but I love my new dragons too and I'm still having fun after all these years being gone.

Joined 2008 and have been playing on and off since then. I'm still bummed out that I missed the 2017 Valentines and Halloween events, just because I wish I could have collected all the badges >.>

Still chipping away at the collection, though. One day, I'll have it finished!

I joined in Sep 2008, some people in a old forum I was in was posting/talking about their dragons and dragon cave. Since I liked dragons and collecting stuff I come over here and happily start picking up dragons.

I stopped for awhile but I come back before i lost all my dragon names. :lol:

(I miss the Halloween 14 event, which made me sad. XD)

I joined DC in October 2011 so I've been here for seven years. :) It's one of my oldest accounts on the internet at this point; many of the sites I used to be a member of back then aren't even around anymore. Another old account of mine is my account on Adventure Quest Worlds. Both sites give me a fair amount of nostalgic feelings, haha.

I joined in 2008, during late Christmas time. Being immature, I remember attempting and failing to catch Yulebucks in the AP! Gave up and settled for random eggs, Guardian being the first and my favourite, followed by white and a red which I stupidly released later on :(