EragonSaphiraRider

Fogging Sick Eggs

I had a message on my scroll saying three of my eggs were sick... so I fogged them... wouldn't this cure them after a while? Instead I have a dead CB summer egg that was one of the fogged ones... I know I have been viewbombed as I have lost a few eggs today to this issue... What more can I do? Whoever was behind this even traced an egg I sent to a friend and my friend had to fog it as it ended up sick too..

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

CB eggs seem to not die instantly when they get too many stats (maybe to avoid cheating the 5-hour cooldown away?)

But eggs can still die in the fog, sadly, if the stats were just too high. I suppose you did not use Ward on them?

Ward is a BSA I can never remember about... 

so far three gifted 2nd gen striped river x silver

1 cb summer 

those are dead. 

I also have a sick red tailed wyrm as well. This one has been warded, thanks Ruby Eyes for the reminder

all these are eggs.

I try not to post them in click sites for a whole day... indeed none of them did I post myself at all in the last 24 hours, because I know they are most vulnerable when newly caught... I'm just frustrated. I've hidden my scroll and removed the scroll link from all my eggs and hatchlings. As well as fogged everything there in the hopes no more damage can be done...

I don't get how they tracked that egg that's not on my scroll anymore either.

Edited by EragonSaphiraRider

Fortunately the friend who has the egg has reacted so hopefully it will be safe.. I just don't get... why go after common eggs? I had a CB silver a week or so ago... and no one attacked that lol - one would think that would be viewbomb bait because of its rarity.

The only time I was badly bombed I lost four VERY common eggs overnight. It's just random - they're warped !

that is very strange indeed.. Hopefully I will be able to catch that summer again, but I have very strong belief it will be the only one i'll see while the summers drop. Also thank you for the egg offer, that was very unexpected

If you can, hiding your scroll will prevent future attacks to a degree. It's annoying to unhide to use hatcheries, but otherwise I've personally had no viewbombing issues since the holidays with this method. And I'm sorry to hear about your lost eggs; people can be so malicious over pixels :(

I've never used Ward...  so do you use Ward on un-sick eggs to prevent sickness or use Ward to 'cure' sickness?

Edited by teresadurfin

Personally I use ward for two things - when I have an egg in a public teleport, to protect it, or when it is already sick, to give it a better chance of recovery.

Ward doesn't prevent or cure sickness, it just prevents the egg from dying of sickness for the next 6 hours. So you might use it on an already sick egg and then fog it to give it enough time to settle down or you could use it preemptively on eggs you expect will become sick soon (for example, when ERing Prizes or other sensitive breeds). It's not better than fogging imo but they have synergy when used together.

Warding is great, imo, for hatching stubborn breeds that often get sick while hatching (Prizes, Zyus, etc). If/when it gets sick while ER-timed and in hatcheries, Warding it will give it that 6 hours where it can't die, so I can just let it hatch (usually no more then an hour or so after Warding it) and then fog it. The sickness isn't always gone when the 6 hours are up, but fogging it after it hatches and keeping it fogged for 12+ hours always works for me, I've never had an egg die that way despite almost every single Prize and Zyu I own getting sick while hatching. On the other hand, Ward isn't always effective on actual viewbombing attempts, since often viewbombing leads to way more stats then the egg would otherwise get in that amount of time, and it may just die after the Ward hours are up.

I have a question about warding....Can it be used more than once on the same egg?  And if not, can it be used again if it hatches?  I have always been sparing on my wards because I was under the impression it can only be used once.  So I always fog, unless it can be hatched in under 6 hours, then I ward it, and fog after it hatches.  But I would like to know for sure if this is the case.

54 minutes ago, 49ER said:

I have a question about warding....Can it be used more than once on the same egg?  And if not, can it be used again if it hatches?  I have always been sparing on my wards because I was under the impression it can only be used once.  So I always fog, unless it can be hatched in under 6 hours, then I ward it, and fog after it hatches.  But I would like to know for sure if this is the case.

Yes, it can only be used once per egg, and only on eggs, not hatchies.