Xanthy

Cross Vreeding Issue...

Hello! New to the site so this might be a little bit of a dumb question... but. I  wanted an Ultraviolet egg and I had the right parents to breed to get one. I breed them and all I get is a normal Spirtfire. Does the crossbreeding not always work? Did I miss a step? Helps! 

3 hours ago, Xanthy said:

Hello! New to the site so this might be a little bit of a dumb question... but. I  wanted an Ultraviolet egg and I had the right parents to breed to get one. I breed them and all I get is a normal Spirtfire. Does the crossbreeding not always work? Did I miss a step? Helps! 

It just happens. The result of such breedings is randomly chosen from father's breed, mother's breed or the hybrid. Just keep trying!

Also, in the future, if you breed an Ultraviolet sometimes you get a Spitfire child! It happens.

They CAN'T throw Purples - UVs are far closer related to Spitfires so there's sometimes throwbacks towards those - they are far more removed from Purples so it doesn't happen (as far as I remember the intime explanation)

UVs are the ONLY hybrids to do these throwbacks AT ALL.

Edited by Herk

That is interesting... I might try for another crossbreed then... (Have gotten another pair set up)