Shuuichi

Siyats Coloration

37 minutes ago, olympe said:

Nope, a clever one. Incubate, then neglect. If it grows up instead, you get a purple with only one day lost. XD 

i've never made a neglected, i admittedly have 0 idea what you mean xD if you incubate, and try to neglect, and it hatches a normal dragon, wouldn't it be the color that was associated with the actual time of the egg?

~removed, please do not discuss detailed methods of obtaining NDs on the forum~

Edited by Kaini

2 hours ago, olympe said:

~removed~

ooh i see, so for neglecters they'll get  trade fodder either way, because they'll either get a neglected, or a purple. Or it dies xD

Edited by Kaini

Exactly. Although the neglected will be worth way more.

Alright! Got my first blue hatchling at 3d 23h! My next egg is still over 4 hours. So are the two that I want to hatch purple, so I have a long wait still for them. So thankful to those who helped figure all this out so that we can all get the colors we want -- if we are just patient enough! XD 

A reminder - it's against forum guidelines to publicly discuss methods to obtain NDs.

I just caught the last egg I needed to complete my blue collection. As soon as these are out of their eggs I'll start catching the last eight I need to purple them (is that a verb? I'm making it one). Might do it in stages as to not fill up all my eggslots for five days. Maybe I'm gonna go 4 at a time?

Finally got a Siyat of each color! Woo! Sadly, I have yet to see a Siyat in the biomes ever since I caught my first three during the release. Kinda predicted that would happen. At least I have a few that I can breed to make up for that.

I still don't 100% get the whole "no discussing ND creation" rule in the forums. What, are only specific people allowed to know that secret?? That's...rather elitist and unfair, if so.

10 minutes ago, animatedrose said:

I still don't 100% get the whole "no discussing ND creation" rule in the forums. What, are only specific people allowed to know that secret?? That's...rather elitist and unfair, if so.

That's... not the reason. Some methods encourage cheating so it was decided a long time ago that it would be better to avoid discussion of their creation all together. It was becoming a problem.

But you're perfectly welcome to discuss methods privately, or off the forum. It's not exactly a huge secret. Just be sure to keep the terms and conditions in mind and follow site rules.

That's good to know. And it sucks to hear that cheaters ruined that kind of discussion. I'll have to remember that whenever I need to figure out how to do NDs one day...

I guess concerning NDs I'll never understand forum rules ...

Edited by Gluria

I wonder what's considered cheating these days? Because it used to be that talking about which egg description corresponded to which dragon breed was 'cheating'.

More on topic, it seems like the coloration is solved. I left off incubating any of my Siyat eggs after the first batch all hatched green, and I haven't had any surprises so far.

Edited by Sycamore

Same here. Seems we've got the color trick solved. Now to breed enough so that I can just fill all my eggslots in-synch with purple Siyats...

Edited by animatedrose

Once you reach 3d 23h for a blue Siyat, could it then be incubated and still come out Blue?

5 minutes ago, stardust13 said:

Once you reach 3d 23h for a blue Siyat, could it then be incubated and still come out Blue?

Yes! Because incubate removes 1d from the timer and Siyats still hatch blue at 2d 23h iirc.

It will still be older than 3 days (and younger than 5 days), which is the requirement for blue Siyats. Incubate does not change an egg's age, only the countdown.

Thanks, Ruby and Souls. I just wanted to be sure because they hatch a little faster with a day off the timer, even after they're hatchable.

1 hour ago, stardust13 said:

Thanks, Ruby and Souls. I just wanted to be sure because they hatch a little faster with a day off the timer, even after they're hatchable.

That's probably due to some fansites reading the new "time left" of ~3 days and going "Oh no - ER!" and displaying it more often than eggs at near 4 days.

I find the different colours quite easily worked on now, thank all you intrepid experimenters. 😎

I just make a little note beside the info I keep on my spreadsheets of all my dragons, saying "no incub" or "less than 2 days" to remind me what to do.

The tricky part now is getting me to decide what colour I want them to be. :D

Thank you jerzeeshadow for the .gif

My last Siyat hatched at only 5 hours..  Pretty much guaranteed to be a Purple..  I now have two more that I'm holding for purple as well...