Shuuichi

Siyats Coloration

Siyat Dragons are a breed released on July 29th, 2018. These dragons come in 3 different colors: green, blue and purple. The color you get depends on the time left when the egg hatches:

• Green Siyats are obtainable if your egg hatches between 7 days and 4 days & 1 hour - warning! this color can't be obtained without using the Incubate BSA on the egg or the Earthquake BSA;
  • Blue Siyats are obtainable if your egg hatches between 4 days and 2 days & 1 hour;
  • Purple Siyars are obtainable if your egg hatches between 2 days and 0 days.

Banners and gifs for signatures:

• 14144sl.gif
[img=http://i65.tinypic.com/14144sl.gif]
  • 1e30v7.gif
[img=http://i67.tinypic.com/1e30v7.gif]
  • 33ff2j4.gif
[img=http://i68.tinypic.com/33ff2j4.gif]

Edited by Quetzals

Current theory for Purples (for those unaware) is that it needs to be under 1 day (Unincubated) to be purple. Untested as of yet, but many of us have fogged eggs that will hatch at those times in the next few days to hopefully confirm

@Quetzals

I have these gifs of Siyats that I produced. You can use them.

826181132_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.f516ecbb7fc918701bc2965069a0fa3f.gif1037368840_ezgif.com-gif-maker(3).gif.f4455d85bbd4b895b18c75d8cf0c4a42.gifezgif-3-d6af8ffd12.gif.eba721adfc4cabbe37beed648b32f5ba.gif

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).giftRkAqwerty.gif.0d5f2a43b1913879b159223fb62f119a.gif

Edited by jerzeeshadow

Thanks for the Gifs, @jerzeeshadow! I'm going to use the Hatchie one. :3

I really hope we can nail this theory better/faster than the Luminae. xD

Edited by Predat0rs

Oh yes, I like those ❤️

I'm currently experimenting. My first batch of two hatched green (incubated). My next batch will hatch in around 24 hours (not incubated), and two more in around 48 hours (not incuabted, will be at around 3 days left). Let's see what happens. :) 

ETA: I might go for hatchin one at an age of 2 days 12, just to see what happens.

Edited by olympe

21 minutes ago, olympe said:

ETA: I might go for hatchin one at an age of 2 days 12, just to see what happens.

How?

@daba555 Fog/hide until it gets down to whatever time you want, then put in as many hatcheries as you can.

Edited by Shadowdrake

So right now we're pretty sure it's:

A Siyat's color depends on their natural time left when hatched. If you incubated, add a day to the egg's timer to find the window they are in.

7d 0h - 4d 1h: green (this means you must incubate, earthquake, or try to force with kill for green)

4d 0h - 2d 1h: blue

2d 0h - 0d 0h: purple

Edit* Ninja'd :) But I'll leave the image, in case visualizing it helps anyone out.

Edit Again: Changed image to have "Incubated" timers. I haven't incubated them except to get a green, so feel free to correct it if it's wrong.

And here's a cycling image, since Siyat are so lovely:    GJ7KZ5o.gif

If the News thread theories are right, it's... 

4QV5Cnn.png

Spoiler

The old image is here: https://imgur.com/FKmlJWG

Edited by 13310

Well I know many said that the theory is based purely on time. But shouldn't TJ's first batch hatched green, then? They went out purple at first.

The moon phase on 29th was Waxing Cirion (blue) and Waning Aurax (golden).

And now we have Waxing Aurax and Waning Cirion, which is also where the timing phase theory came out.

All because the spriter said something about moon phase at first. That post was removed from highlight so I'm not sure if the setting has been changed. I'd be also pleased if there's no moon phase involved since that makes thing a lot easier.

16 minutes ago, Corteo said:

Moons have nothing to do with it. The current theory is correct. 

Ahh okay thanks.

ETA: Never mind. My mistake.

Edited by Shelybear

Just to confirm in case this isn't certain yet, incubated eggs can still end up colors other than green - I incubated all the eggs I picked up, but then when the hatching timing was confirmed to be the reason for the different colors, fogged an (incubated) egg and waited to hatch it until it was at 3 days remaining - it turned out blue. 8PhMA

Hmmm...I had six eggs, all incubated.

- Hatched two at 3 days and 22 hours - Both hatched green

- Hatched two at 2 days and 15 hours - Both hatched blue

- Hatched one at 1 day and 15 hours - It hatched blue

My last egg is fogged and is at 1 day and 15 hours,  I will try it at under one day.

Edited by Dubious

For OP - there is a clarification issue in the OP when doing it based off of time left.  If you incubate then 2d will still hatch blue.  For me it's easier to think of it not based off of how much time left but how long it's been in the egg.

Better go by age: Younger than 3 days, between 3 and 5 days, older than 5 days?

As clever as it is to think of it as how long it has been in the egg, most players are hardwired to think from how much time is left, since the timer counts down and not up. But that is a better way to think of it if we want to get the colors right.

I'm just super happy the purple puzzle was found out! Now to patiently wait for mine to hatch...

@Shelybear The moon phase thing was for Dark Luminas, another breed whose breeding mechanic had apparently never been officially confirmed, just theorized and tested to death, until Corteo said something during this release. It was brought up in the release thread because everyone feared a similar mechanic for the Siyats.

Edited by animatedrose