TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

15 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

harpy chicken-lady siren

So we'd have a Siren chicken, and a Purple murder chicken for this release? :lol:

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

So we'd have a Siren chicken, and a Purple murder chicken for this release? :lol:

I think we already do

If we are still "researching" the glowing dragons, I had one hatch green, from the coast, incubated but not influenced. Hope this helps the smart people out!

1 minute ago, garyette said:

If we are still "researching" the glowing dragons, I had one hatch green, from the coast, incubated but not influenced. Hope this helps the smart people out!

Speaking as a (maybe) smart (ish) person, I thank you for your information. Thanks to both the information given by you and a test run by me, we can now say definitively that influencing and incubating makes no difference from just incubating. This means either that influencing has no effect but incubating does, or that neither have an effect, and it's dependent on the day. Or everyone is collectively being stupid and overlooking something, or I'm being stupid and overlooking something other people suggested. The last one is most likely, to be honest.

Do you have any other eggs, by the way? If you do, would you mind refraining from incubating them (or at least one of them) to help prove/disprove any one of the possible theories? Or even just sharing ideas of how to get the other colors. Everything is useful in trying to piece together how this dragon works.

6 hours ago, Syiren said:

I'm sad that we still have just under a full day to see what the adults will look like. I'm so curious. Both have so much potential and I love their baby sprites so much. ❤️

I kinda wish TJs hathclings hatched at "4 days left" so they would grow as fast as they hatched.

5 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

Speaking as a (maybe) smart (ish) person, I thank you for your information. Thanks to both the information given by you and a test run by me, we can now say definitively that influencing and incubating makes no difference from just incubating. This means either that influencing has no effect but incubating does, or that neither have an effect, and it's dependent on the day. Or everyone is collectively being stupid and overlooking something, or I'm being stupid and overlooking something other people suggested. The last one is most likely, to be honest.

Do you have any other eggs, by the way? If you do, would you mind refraining from incubating them (or at least one of them) to help prove/disprove any one of the possible theories? Or even just sharing ideas of how to get the other colors. Everything is useful in trying to piece together how this dragon works.

i have 4 eggs from today that i'm not incubating. 1 from this morning, and 2 from this afternoon, and 1 from last night after midnight DC time

My brain is still slow with memorizing the spotteds egg description. But I still got a BAG spotted, so that's good, lol.

14 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i have 4 eggs from today that i'm not incubating. 1 from this morning, and 2 from this afternoon, and 1 from last night after midnight DC time

Thank you! I doubt that the time of day matters, as hatchlings have been consistently showing up as green all day, but the more variables we have knowledge of, the better. We can't run a completely controlled experiment as we have no way of knowing what our control group's attributes would be, as well as having no way to enforce constants. oof. I guess those AP/honors science classes are kicking in. 

I guess our IV (independent variable) are simultaneously the time the egg is picked up, the time the egg hatches, and the biome the egg was picked up in.

Our DV (dependent variable) would then be the color of the hatchling and therefore adult dragon.

What constants we can isolate are the species, and... that's about it, sadly. If we break this up into several smaller experiments (much easier than a huge frankenstein's monster of a mess the composite would be) then we can separate results into like groups of incubated or not, influenced or not, time the egg was picked up, time the egg hatched, biome, and any other abnormalities in the egg or hatchling's upbringing.

My hypothesis is that I'm an idiot looking too far into a bunch of pixelated dragons.

My result is that I am.

Ideas?

Likely day of hatching, in a pattern of purple/blue/green. Will only be able to confirm if my egg hatches purple when the date changes, though.

I have six of the litebrites (love that "name"!). Five of them have hatched green. One is still an egg with 6 hours left, so it will hatch after midnight cave time. Waiting anxiously to see what color it will be.

I grabbed a new Spottie egg today, and I can't incubate it anyways, all my reds are on Cool down, so I can help with said experiment. ^^

Had two from each biome, all hatched green. I am disappointed :< Was hoping for a pair in each color from release day. Ah well. 

if it goes in the purple/blue/green theme, then my 4 eggs will hatch on Thursday and should be purple, i think? (today being green, tomorrow blue, thursday purple?)

If it follows that theme at least, so it'll take me until thursday to see and by then i'm sure we should have a better idea as eggs hatch tomorrow and potentially come out blue

3 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

if it goes in the purple/blue/green theme, then my 4 eggs will hatch on Thursday and should be purple, i think? (today being green, tomorrow blue, thursday purple?)

If it follows that theme at least, so it'll take me until thursday to see and by then i'm sure we should have a better idea as eggs hatch tomorrow and potentially come out blue

If that is how the colors are working, mine *should* be blue, I snagged it today and fogged it cos it got viewbombed. xD

Just now, Wolfs_Bane said:

Ack!!! I totally missed out on these!!!!

They're still dropping! Good luck!

Just now, Arkee said:

They're still dropping! Good luck!

What are the egg descriptions? I'm already grabbing stuff I can't ditch yet. ><

Just now, Wolfs_Bane said:

What are the egg descriptions? I'm already grabbing stuff I can't ditch yet. ><

This egg seems to be glowing in spots, for the big one and This tiny glowing egg tempts you to follow its light, for the pigmy

The first egg: "This egg seems to glow in spots" (found in Alpine and Coast)

Second egg: "This egg tempts you to follow its light" (Jungle and Forest)

(As far as know for the Biomes)

Just now, Arkee said:

This egg seems to be glowing in spots, for the big one and This tiny glowing egg tempts you to follow its light, for the pigmy

Okay! Thank you! ^^

I believe Corteo said in discord that “once you know how to get the first two, the third is easy.” So I believe it might be more complicated then just by day.

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I believe Corteo said in discord that “once you know how to get the first two, the third is easy.” So I believe it might be more complicated then just by day.

could this be referring to the idea of incubate = green, nothing = purple, wait = blue?