TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

This seems applicable -

"Patience you must have my young Padawan" - Yoda

@Arkee It shouldn't take too long to figure out. We already got a hint that it's reliable too. Think of it like the wait to see the adult, but possibly extended. :P

41 minutes ago, Gryphonic said:

I don't think there has been much name guessing yet, unless I lost it in all these pages.   Any (more) ideas?

Most new dragon breeds these days seem to have invented names that no one could possibly guess (Pyrovar, Lacula, Melismor, etc) so there doesn't seem as much point in trying... but the pygmy's name could start with either Purple or Pygmy, or it could be *****willow. The litebrite one could be Skylights, Sirens, or Skittish. Probably nothing to do with any of that though.

I'm hoping for a BSA that determines the colour, that's used on unhatched eggs. ^_^ Gives you colour permanence in the adults and maximum control over the colour once you have one of the critters.

the only name  will be accepting for the murder chickens is Purple Pseudo-Poultry Pygmy, sorry y'all- /s

Just now, tjekan said:

Most new dragon breeds these days seem to have invented names that no one could possibly guess (Pyrovar, Lacula, Melismor, etc) so there doesn't seem as much point in trying... but the pygmy's name could start with either Purple or Pygmy, or it could be *****willow. The litebrite one could be Skylights, Sirens, or Skittish. Probably nothing to do with any of that though.

...Whoa, okay, maybe not that third one, because apparently the site thinks that's a curse word. 😮 It's the everyday name of a fuzzy marsh plant where I live. It has cute fluffy little bumps all over it. Would be a cute name for a pygmy dragon actually, though not if the censor software is this assertive!

7 minutes ago, tjekan said:

...Whoa, okay, maybe not that third one, because apparently the site thinks that's a curse word. 😮 It's the everyday name of a fuzzy marsh plant where I live. It has cute fluffy little bumps all over it. Would be a cute name for a pygmy dragon actually, though not if the censor software is this assertive!

I laughed so hard at that censorship x) I love it I have a branch in my room, it keeps very well and is so soft.

9 minutes ago, tjekan said:

The litebrite one could be Skylights, Sirens, or Skittish. Probably nothing to do with any of that though.

Well darnit, now I won't be able to look at the spotteds without thinking litebrite! :lol: That was one of my favorite toys as a kid, lol. So we have murder chickens and litebrites.... I like this! lol

18 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

I would really like that mechanic and find it cool if there were just two variants - so hatching with and without Incubate. But a third color means you would have to fog it or not put it in a hatchery... I like to be able to deposit my eggs in hatcheries and forget about them for a few days. It would be pretty annoying to have to stay on top of that purple.

Oh, ITA about the hatchery thing and having to fog them. I tend to look at games in two different ways - the playing side and the business side. The playability, of course, directly impacts the business, so things that are too complex or time consuming may alienate players, which should always be taken into consideration. But on the business side of things, getting people to come to and interact with the site more often is a plus, so mechanisms that increase that can be a boost for the business aspect of DC which can then benefit players via game/site expansion. It's probably a pretty fine line to walk, so I completely get how sometimes it ends up on the annoying side for some players.

The biggest bright side I would see to having to wait longer/interact with this breed for players is that it would increase the value of purples in trades. So an egg that may end up being common (and I would hope they somewhat are if the mechanisms they use are complex) can allow players who don't have a lot of "currency" in the form of CB rares to trade, low Prize gens to breed, etc. to have greater "purchasing power". If there's an extra wait day for the purple variant it shoots up the value of an offering 4 purple hatchlings. Kind of like the market for alts because they're more time intensive to obtain. And that can be doubly true with dragons that have as lovely a color scheme as these seem to.

But I'm probably way off base about the mechanic involved here, so my speculation will probably be for naught. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Alrexwolf said:

the only name  will be accepting for the murder chickens is Purple Pseudo-Poultry Pygmy, sorry y'all- /s

Don’t be absurd. The only acceptable name is CLEARLY Purple People Eater Psuedo-Poultry Pygmies. ;)

Now I want a really silly named dragon, haha. There has to be an explorer in DC analogous to the people who named the Shocking Pink Dragon Centipede.

You know, the stage 1 spotted hatchings kinda remind me of Salandit/Salazzle from Pokemon for some reason.

17 minutes ago, tjekan said:

Pffft! We had a swear censor on our tv when I was little, I’ll never forget watching a movie where a rooster was bleeped out and replaced with jerk-a-doodle-doo subtitles. X’D

1 minute ago, epickitty25 said:

You know, the stage 1 spotted hatchings kinda remind me of Salandit/Salazzle from Pokemon for some reason.

...Can’t unsee. XD

2 minutes ago, epickitty25 said:

Or Greninja.... Those legs!

12 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

Or Greninja.... Those legs!

Yeah, really though. Such a lanky boi

What about salazzle on stilts?

Edited by Kaini
edited to combine double post

For data purposes: Hatched three of the glowing spots eggs just now and they are all green hatchlings. Time: Early afternoon. Other info: I caught them when they first released and incubated and influenced all of them.

Edited by whitestar

21 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I thought the censorship was intentional and I thought come on, that's really excessive. Like censoring "grass" because of the last three letters. XD Nothing about the dragon suggests the plant though, and I don't think a, um, cat willow would be described as spooky. Those "bumps" are buds by the way!

@Corteo I've tried three times to type this unsuccessfully so I'll just make it simple, lol. Luminas are one of my favorite breeds, so after dealing with the headache of dark Luminas appearing in breeding results and then with Nilias undergoing such a radical change, I'm glad to know the frustrations some of us had didn't go unheeded. I like dark luminas, and the new lanky lizardgoyles, and Aegises, and Spinels, and so on, but as I sink ever deeper into the abyss of adulthood the increasing amount of changes and complications we've seen over the last decade have become harder to run with. So I'm glad that, for these glowgeckoes, even if we don't know what it is yet, we know it's not going to make me go completely insane just yet, haha. So thank you. :)

@cbussiere I like the brood parasite idea! I imagine it'd be hard to have a fat baby full sized dragon fed by little pygmies though, haha. Now imagine a dragon that uses illusion magic to slip into same-sized dragon nests... ooh...

@Quetzals I'd take 50% nebulas over 33% gemshards any day. XD Yes, you have to wait a tad longer, but the annoyance of having to hatch is in having to put up with a potentially unneeded egg. Hatchie space is a lot more abundant than egg space, so once you reach the hatching phase, waiting another day or two for a 50% beats knowing immediately but having a 33%, for me.

@Sirithiliel no no, hang on to that pitchfork--we don't know what the adult pygmies look like yet, might need it XD 

@Gryphonic I was thinking will-o-the-wisps, personally. Imagine our protective spirit wards swatting away these mischievous little devils like flies. XD 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

14 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

no no, hang on to that pitchfork--we don't know what the adult pygmies look like yet, might need it XD 

We will? To...to test and see if they're done on the grill yet? =D mmm chicken

59 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Don’t be absurd. The only acceptable name is CLEARLY Purple People Eater Psuedo-Poultry Pygmies. ;)

It might be a good thing I'm not the creator of this dragon, because I would totally make a last-minute name change. :lol:

I currently have SIX of these spot kiddos in my pocket, one of them being a hatchie. I'm ready for tomorrow to show up so we can see if the color changes. 8') I wanna hatch these good, good eggies.

My two spotties hatched, and both are green! 💔

No one's suggested a simple purple pygmy yet? :P

Though I am having a good chuckle at the other suggestions! XD

I've picked up two more litebrites today so I now have two from each day. We'll see what happens with the colouring.

Someone pointed out (I can’t find the post now) that the spotties could have ‘Siren’ in the name. This fits pretty well with their hatchi description of ‘ It chirps incessantly and loudly.’ as sirens, whether they appear as harpy-esqe chicken ladies or super pretty mermaids, are characterized by mesmerizing singing.

actually, back to harpy chicken-lady siren. Remind you of any Pygmy in particular? Probably a coincidence though. Anyways,this has been the forum’s residential history and mythos nerd. Good luck figuring out the color change stuff. I’m trying too, but dang it’s confusing.