TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

12 minutes ago, Corteo said:

HI friends, a couple things...

1. I can confirm that luminae are influenced by the moon and it transitions in waves. Unfortunately, the ratios have been influencing the outcome to make it way less predictable than I had hoped. Maybe something to look into.  But for now you have “official” confirmation. 

2. I have learned from the Dark Lumina mistake.  I don’t play with a focus on lineages but I have learned not to break them. 

3. The mechinism for these is reliable and will not break lineages*. 

4. I love you all and let’s wait and see how it works before we set everything on fire. 

Thank you for this! At least there might be some hope of getting my hands on the other two colors for the spottys without having to breed my rares to death to get them!

16 minutes ago, Corteo said:

1. I can confirm that luminae are influenced by the moon and it transitions in waves. Unfortunately, the ratios have been influencing the outcome to make it way less predictable than I had hoped. Maybe something to look into.  But for now you have “official” confirmation. 

2. I have learned from the Dark Lumina mistake.  I don’t play with a focus on lineages but I have learned not to break them. 

4. I love you all and let’s wait and see how it works before we set everything on fire. 

Thanks, Corteo! 

@Fortune86, you can put away the flamethrower. 😜

My first two have hatched green. My second two have not yet hatched and my third two were caught yesterday so won't hatch until tomorrow.

*clutches pitchfork and torch* y-you mean i dont' need these?

well alright then =P

Edited by Sirithiliel

I like the idea of them being like Stripes. 

Thank you TJ and Spriters for the lovely surprise.

Another nice thing about new releases--just grabbed my first paper from the cave since 2009!  Ah--I love it when everyone is distracted! :P

1 minute ago, Brekke said:

Another nice thing about new releases--just grabbed my first paper from the cave since 2009!  Ah--I love it when everyone is distracted! :P

I've been wondering if someone will snag a Silver since everyone's filtering out any "glow" that isn't the spotted egg. :lol:

1 minute ago, meruru said:

WHAT!? i can't believe I missed this   😥

They're both still dropping on the 5-minute intervals.

If all three are available as CB, I hope the other colors also have their own flooded drops. Otherwise trying to catch them with everyone else will be horrible. 🙎

I'm still hoping for day differences. Or something less obtrusive. They look so pretty so far, but I don't do anything with tough breeds like luminas or lunars. 

Tomorrow morning we'll see the adults right?!

Oh, biomes do not affect the color of the dragons.

Please, if someone suddenly understands or at least assumes what the colors depend on, let me know. I will be very grateful to you. 

catching eggs on there release date is my thing! but I guess something like this is bound to happen someday, I once got so busy I actually missed out on Easter event, and I still get upset whenever I check to see that I skipped a whole year, It's my collector OCD I can't help it  XD

9 minutes ago, Shvengal said:

Oh, biomes do not affect the color of the dragons.

Please, if someone suddenly understands or at least assumes what the colors depend on, let me know. I will be very grateful to you. 

Well, we don't know anything for SURE yet.

What I assume is this. We know it isn't by biomes and it isn't randome or we'd have various colors popping up already. I am THINKING it isn't based on WHEN you grabbed them, because dragons that work that way are usually pretty obvious as to what color you got right off ( Firegem eggs look different depending on the color of dragon it will be.... ditto for lunars and I would add, many of the biome specific variants, now that I think of it). My best GUESS is that it is based on when they hatch; given that little bit someone pointed out about TIME in the release blurb that TJ gave us.

Possibly there will be a different color hatching out tomorrow, but as I said, we don't know yet.

Edited by JavaTigress

When TJ's hatchling first show colours, there was a glitch.  Were all hatchlings green at that time?

Just now, teresadurfin said:

When TJ's hatchling first show colours, there was a glitch.  Were all hatchlings green at that time?

No, they were purple

24 minutes ago, Nightwalkerkey said:

Tomorrow morning we'll see the adults right?!

Yasss, and I'm so excited. if they're anything close to the vibe I'm getting from the hatchies then I'm gonna love 'em! :D

I'm one shard away from reaching my max for the whole week and it's not even Wednesday yet. Usually takes me the whole week to reach the cap. :lol: New releases can do things to people... things like maxing out on eggs, getting back egg space, and maxing out again.

I do hope that we find different colors hatching tomorrow, at the very least to figure out how this thing works.

5 minutes ago, Toasttt said:

I do hope that we find different colors hatching tomorrow, at the very least to figure out how this thing works.

So so do I. Not only because I wanna get my blue baby, but also because I have to go on an airplane tomorrow at 3:00 CT and I don’t wanna miss out on the ‘aha’ moment.

1 hour ago, scalesofgrey said:

This, seriously. The number of entries in the spreadsheet has drastically decreased too, which can mean that people are happy enough with following the Cirion moon cycle theory to get the Lumninae they wanted. We may not get confirmation, but it is enough. /off topic

I personally simply got bored and frustrated and just stopped putting my scrollwide AP-breeding results into that spreadhseet, becase why even bother and invest my time anymore. I bet I'm not the only one who stopped posting there for that reason. Like there's some limits of patience people can master.

2 years afterwards it's high time for the actual mechanic to get finally revealed by the spriter or TJ. But no, because they don't care about the userbase's wellbeing and transparency and TJ has a weird idea of managing a userbase. Also, I think I recall the spriter mentioning sth it's not connected with the moon phases? and the reason they gave for not telling was, and that I'm quite sure I remember correctly, was to keep the 'fun' of researching on(just in different words)... and thing is, the actual result was loads of people simply give up and move on overtime, with only some percent keeping their godlike persistence. Honestly, it's even past the high time for TJ or the spriter to confirm or reveal the actual mechanic behind luminas... Sorry, but's it's nearly impossible to respect sth like this from an objective point of view.

1 hour ago, Toasttt said:

What is the catch date on those? Does it say July 29th or July 30th?

29th

1 hour ago, Corteo said:

@VixenDra

Mods, maybe it would be helpful to pin this while we're still in figuring-this-out mode? 

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Aalbiel one of the spriters also made the Magelights, who are also large-ish for pygmies, but I'm fine with it (they also made Pumpkins, which is obviously a different case, but still ironic!). Still small, but large enough to see more details then, say, Kyanites or Crimson Flares. Chunky pygmies for LIFE! XD 

Magelights are lovely, but even if "large-ish" the adult is the size of the S2 murder chicken ^^ Still, they'll look good together. I would've liked to breed the murder chicks to common pygmies as well, lovely colour combo, but I think the sizes will be too unbalanced.

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

Well, here's my two useless cents. I collect the new breeds and wait for the clever people to figure out how to get the different variants. Relax! 😘

My approach, too!