TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

21 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Since those Dark Luminas seem to be your nightmare, maybe this could help a little:

From the Dark Lumina breeding theories thread.

So when I need a Light Lumina , I breed on Cirion full moon, when I need a Dark Lumina, I breed on Cirion new moon. Since that one makes a complete cycle in 15 or 16 days, I can try every two weeks for the Lumina I need, with a near 100% chance to get the right colour.

Near 100% for the right colour every two weeks sounds a lot better than "never figured it out in two fricking years, so nothing can be done with them", no ?

Many thanks to all the great people in that thread ! 🙂

Is there an online site somewhere that tracks these phases? I use an older theme, black out, so it doesn't show the new and improved things in my cave. Like notifications, or moon phases, etc.

ETA- Thanks PieMaster and Ruby Eyes!  How did I not know that existed?!?!  🙄

Edited by jocosa

1 minute ago, tjekan said:

My method for dealing with all the Wow-Special-Breeding-Mechanisms dragons is that I have a bunch of extra luminas, firegems, lunar heralds, etc with junk lineages and whenever I want to breed my lineages I breed one of the extras with a Halloween dragon first to see if it comes out right or not before breeding the lineage I want. If not, I ignore it and try again some other day. I don't have time to keep a Dragon Cave ovulation calendar, and I can't be online every single day, so if I miss "peak lumina full moon day" that's just too bad. I have other lineages to work on. 🙂

So glad I wasn't drinking anything... that made me laugh really loud! 😆

15 minutes ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Since those Dark Luminas seem to be your nightmare, maybe this could help a little:

From the Dark Lumina breeding theories thread.

So when I need a Light Lumina , I breed on Cirion full moon, when I need a Dark Lumina, I breed on Cirion new moon. Since that one makes a complete cycle in 15 or 16 days, I can try every two weeks for the Lumina I need, with a near 100% chance to get the right colour.

Near 100% for the right colour every two weeks sounds a lot better than "never figured it out in two fricking years, so nothing can be done with them", no ?

Many thanks to all the great people in that thread ! 🙂

This, seriously. The number of entries in the spreadsheet has drastically decreased too, which can mean that people are happy enough with following the Cirion moon cycle theory to get the Lumninae they wanted. We may not get confirmation, but it is enough. /off topic

In time, glowy spotted dragons could very well be the same. Maybe it's because I'm not a jaded veteran yet, but I'll be okay with that too.

1 minute ago, Brekke said:

Here's what I always think during these controversies--if folks would just let everybody vent who wants to without taking them to task, the threads would be half as long and the venters would feel better after awhile.  The drama comes from folks giving the venters a hard time.  Just let folks relieve their frustrations and bond with others over them, and things would calm down.  The "stop complaining" folks are fueling the fire just as much as the folks who are frustrated.

Yeeeesss. There is nothing in the rules saying that we can't express frustration about a new release. But it seems some people think they need to get on everyone's case if everyone doesn't totally love everything about a new release. Sometimes simply posting frustration and being able to see that other people feel that way too is a *huge* help in letting go of that frustration, but constantly being told that you shouldn't have those feelings and you are overreacting, that's just going to make the frustration worse. 

Anyways, I'm keeping my last ER-timed spotteds fogged in hopes of figuring out the mechanic soon and possibly being able to hatch them in ways that will give me all three colors.

1 minute ago, jocosa said:

Is there an online site somewhere that tracks these phases? I use an older theme, black out, so it doesn't show the new and improved things in my cave. Like notifications, or moon phases, etc.

Here ya go!

1 minute ago, jocosa said:

Sure there is.

For the calendar, go to Help, Time Reference. It tells you moon phases, if it's day or night, and if Sunrise eggs can hatch, it'll also say if the sun is rising or setting.

For notifications, I made myself a bookmark. You can also just type it out: https://dragcave.net/notifications

2 minutes ago, tjekan said:

My method for dealing with all the Wow-Special-Breeding-Mechanisms dragons is that I have a bunch of extra luminas, firegems, lunar heralds, etc with junk lineages and whenever I want to breed my lineages I breed one of the extras with a Halloween dragon first to see if it comes out right or not before breeding the lineage I want. If not, I ignore it and try again some other day. I don't have time to keep a Dragon Cave ovulation calendar, and I can't be online every single day, so if I miss "peak lumina full moon day" that's just too bad. I have other lineages to work on. 🙂

Joining Naughtrish in dying over this. XD

@PieMaster a lot of the worry is that it seems once a breed leaves the first 12 hours of being released, it's veryyy tricky to find them, which makes the uncertainty of "will I be able to get more once I know how to get the right color??" a bit frightful. Obviously some (a lot of!) breeds get overhyped, buttt you always have things like Zyus and Truffles and Baikalas, and it makes people nervous.

10 minutes ago, Carmelita Fox said:

Block them. It's what I do. I need to keep positive and happy for health reasons, so I block users that upset me. Personal I enjoy the chaos and speculation so I want to keep reading the thread. It's a good solution.

It just doesn't feel right for me to block ^^"

Regarding lineages, I totally understood that. I don't know, maybe there are some people who enjoys making difficult lineages, maybe there are also others who wants simpler breeding mechanics to achieve the lineages that they want.

I have question, do we need TJ09 to know about this? Judging that some dragons have difficult breeding mechanics, my guess is that the mechanics will just get more complex as time goes along, because usually it's the mechanics and features that makes DC interesting, but now I know that it is troubling to some others, especially vets.

Also, I have a slow brain, I tend to read posts twice or thrice before posting to make sure that I know what I'm replying to. (Even then, there are some times where I still don't get it)

Edited by BlueLatios
Additional info

Well, here's my two useless cents. I collect the new breeds and wait for the clever people to figure out how to get the different variants. Relax! 😘

Just now, natli said:

Did anybody get a color other than green?

None that I have seen mentioned here, in DC Discord, or in hatcheries. I believe it is by day.

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Sure there is.

For the calendar, go to Help, Time Reference. It tells you moon phases, if it's day or night, and if Sunrise eggs can hatch, it'll also say if the sun is rising or setting.

it's even quicker to just click on the time at the top of your scroll page. it goes directly to time reference :)

4 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Not to mention that if I have the choice between making two pretty lineages, and one has annoying mechanics to deal with and one doesn't, I'll always choose the latter.

I take them as a challenge. Has worked well so far:

Calendar: https://dragcave.net/lineage/EZIiF

Progressive: https://dragcave.net/lineage/v79Th

All indigo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/eOWm1

All colours: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zCOMD

All yellow: https://dragcave.net/lineage/SJLTF

Inside-out "checker": https://dragcave.net/lineage/ipdR8

I think annoyance is mostly a matter of perception, in such cases.

Stop being so dramatic about how it's going to ruin your lineages forever and stuff. It's been twelve hours; it might just be something simple like varying based on day of hatching.

Just now, greycat said:

it's even quicker to just click on the time at the top of your scroll page. it goes directly to time reference :)

Not on all skins, sadly.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

Not on all skins, sadly.

oh, i had no idea there was a difference. thanks. 

4 minutes ago, BlueLatios said:

So, you're saying that vets have probably gone through a lot of mechanics for years and adding that to their busy lives, it got to the point where a new release made them unable to wait for clarification for a long time? I agree with whatever reason they have to express their annoyance. I just don't like people sounding like they're ungrateful (clarified already, the word useless is used subjectively), and the time of posting. Still around 3 days after posting. And like he said:

Time. So, can we just wait before making assumptions?

That's putting a lot of words into my mouth. I do believe I said I was on neutral ground. I'm not here to contribute to any arguments. I'm just trying to enjoy a site I've logged on to for half a decade, express my annoyances (which everyone has a right to do) and compliment on the things I do like.

For example, while the mechanic is still a mystery, the dragon itself looks amazing, and it's hatchie sprite is one of my favorite baby sprites by far. And the best part is, each color goes great with it, and it's hard for me to pick a fav color combo. The spriter's hard worked certainly paid off there. And the "Murder chicken" (love that name. xD ) is probably one of my most fav pygmys after the Pumpkin and Magelights. And I plan to breed mine with both of those.

From this point on, I'm only going to reply and comment on trying to figure out the puzzle that is the glowy and any compliments and breeding plans regarding the new draggos. everything else will be swept under the rug and ignored. Not trying to sound rude in the least, but people have every right to express their complaints and concerns just as much as others have every right to remain positive and upbeat. 

2 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I take them as a challenge. Has worked well so far:

Calendar: https://dragcave.net/lineage/EZIiF

Progressive: https://dragcave.net/lineage/v79Th

All indigo: https://dragcave.net/lineage/eOWm1

All colours: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zCOMD

All yellow: https://dragcave.net/lineage/SJLTF

Inside-out "checker": https://dragcave.net/lineage/ipdR8

I think annoyance is mostly a matter of perception, in such cases.

Oooh, those are lovely!

To be fair it hasn't stopped me working with Aegises, Seasonals, Lunars and such, but I won't touch Gemshards with a ten foot pole.

2 minutes ago, osmarks said:

Stop being so dramatic about how it's going to ruin your lineages forever and stuff. It's been twelve hours; it might just be something simple like varying based on day of hatching.

Like I said I'll probably look real dumb if it is that simple, but dark luminas left me on a sour note and it's hard not to let it linger.

34 minutes ago, Whirlaway said:

I don't have the patience to figure out the mechanics either. But we know the release was on the 29th and TJ's hatchies came out purple, which hatched on the 29th. Everyone else has had there's hatch on the 31st (three days in all) and they are green. Maybe it is a day for each, considering we have seen purple on the 29th and green on the 31st and, of TJ's hatchies, the purple is first, blue second and green third and last? Maybe blues would have hatched in that day between the purples that hatched for TJ and the greens that have hatched for everyone else on the 31st?

Are you saying that all of TJ's hatched purple and were later changed to the blue and green versions? (I missed them when they first hatched, or didn't notice.)

3 minutes ago, greycat said:

It would be. If it was there. Black Out theme doesn't have any of that new fangled, fancy stuff. 😃

I would like to take a moment from worrying about glowies to expressing my love for the murder baby chickens with glowy googly eyes. Someone mentioned they hope they'll make a good counterpart to female dark mysts; I hope so, too! They're one of my favorite pygmies, but the only pairing I've really liked with them thus far is Pumpkins.

2 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Like I said I'll probably look real dumb if it is that simple, but dark luminas left me on a sour note and it's hard not to let it linger.

To be fair, dark Luminae *were* a change to an existing breed. Those are always a bit tougher to tolerate than new breeds for which no lineages exist yet :)

3 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Are you saying that all of TJ's hatched purple and were later changed to the blue and green versions? (I missed them when they first hatched, or didn't notice.)

Yes, that's exactly what happened. All 6 were purple at first and the colors of the last 4 were changed a while later to blue and green respectively.

3 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Yes. They all hatched purple in the start and only changed when he changed them.

1 minute ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I would like to take a moment from worrying about glowies to expressing my love for the murder baby chickens with glowy googly eyes. Someone mentioned they hope they'll make a good counterpart to female dark mysts; I hope so, too! They're one of my favorite pygmies, but the only pairing I've really liked with them thus far is Pumpkins.

I still think they're way too big to be a pygmy, but that's the only flaw I can find with them. Murder chickens 5eva ❤️