TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

Just saw a Glaucus Drake egg mixing in.

Already?!

It may be a glitch, but the Forest and Jungle biomes currently still have eggs! None of the other biomes do, I managed to snag another pygmy! Hurry!

note: Other eggs are being mixed in!

Edited by Etude_Citron
It needed more information that I forgot

1 minute ago, Etude_Citron said:

It may be a glitch, but the Forest and Jungle biomes currently still have eggs! None of the other biomes do, I managed to snag another pygmy! Hurry!

they have eggs still because that's where the pigmies drop and they don't get picked up as fast. 

I saw a waterhorse mixed in HOURS ago. But I'm locked as I had some undroppable eggs already...

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

they have eggs still because that's where the pigmies drop and they don't get picked up as fast. 

Huh, that's weird. I'd think all new releases would be picked up quickly

Happily locked with four of each with pairs from two different biomes.

Missing the glowing non pygmy in the forest, hopefully they are not a different variant than the ones from alpine and coast...

Thank you for this release!

Cheers

Seriva

Edited by Seriva Senkalora

Managed 3 pygmies and 5 spotted (split between coastal and alpine, in the hopes of different colors)… If forest has a third color, I'll probably be searching forever…

3 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

Happily locked with four of each with pairs from two different biomes.

Missing the glowing non pygmy in the forest, hopefully they are not a different variant than the ones from alpine and coast...

Thank you for this release!

Cheers

Seriva

i don't think pygmy eggs drop in Alpine and Coast, i thought htey only dropped in Jungle and Forest

Ack! I'm locked for another day before I can participate! Really happy that one's a Pygmy though! Looks like it's gonna be purple too.

Edited by scalesofgrey

Woke up to empty caves, so I browsed the Biomes and found new descriptions in the forest.  30 minutes of refreshes, and I've nabbed 2 pygmies, and 3 spotted (1 alpine, 1 coastal, 1 forest) ❤️  Thank you!  :D 
(Now... if only I hadn't used all of my Influence powers earlier this week...)

Edited by muttduck
nabbed a 3rd spotted

What is going on? I wake up to a great news but no egg for me - only empty biomes and a lot of people trying to catch anything. Is there any cooldown and only few eggs dropping after that or what? No egg in the last 30 minutes. Nor the full hour, neither quarter and half past. What is the cooldown for those release?

Sad, because it is second or third release where I can get no egg :(

Still - thanks for neww eggs TJ.

26 minutes ago, Etude_Citron said:

Huh, that's weird. I'd think all new releases would be picked up quickly

Pygmies are less popular in general.  The same happens with all the smaller breeding groups: drakes and two-headed.  Add that to the idea that the other dragon most likely has multiple sprites, people want more of it. 

Just now, Sanszi said:

What is going on? I wake up to a great news but no egg for me - only empty biomes and a lot of people trying to catch anything. Is there any cooldown and only few eggs dropping after that or what? No egg in the last 30 minutes. Nor the full hour, neither quarter and half past. What is the cooldown for those release?

Sad, because it is second or third release where I can get no egg :(

Still - thanks for neww eggs TJ.

New eggs drop every five minutes.  on the hour, X:05, X:10, etc

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

New eggs drop every five minutes.  on the hour, X:05, X:10, etc

I just spotted pygmys and catched 3 (still over half an hour of waiting), no other ones - I guess too many people at a time so they're vanishing in no time.

Will try to catch something more later on. Thank You for the tip ;)

Hey, I can't make observations today.
All biomes have no eggs, only at the 5-minute marks for 3 seconds (wow)!

I was not expecting this release before August lol. Thanks anyways :D

Now hurry up guys and take and breed all those eggs to even the ratios, I want to do more statistics XD

2 minutes ago, Sanszi said:

I just spotted pygmys and catched 3 (still over half an hour of waiting), no other ones - I guess too many people at a time so they're vanishing in no time.

Will try to catch something more later on. Thank You for the tip ;)

also depends what biome your in.  the pygmy is in forest and jungle, the other is in alpine, coast, and forest. 

6 hours ago, Wildcat said:

Unexpected! I got so confused when I saw these in biomes.

I was there for the gusty switcheroo and I don't feel like there is a need to make up anything. It was kind of funny AND it was a nice July release overall! But thank you.

Well, that said, I'm very unprepared with a million dead eggs from failed vamp attempts that are locking me for 24hours, and three very hard-earned vamps. Here's to hoping these guys are common!

I think it’s because we missed a June release, not because of the gusties.

Though I hope we get those very soon. :P 

I just collect both ones from forest. I still have six eggs that I don't want to abandon. I hope they still easy to hunt in 23 hours later...

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

also depends what biome your in.  the pygmy is in forest and jungle, the other is in alpine, coast, and forest. 

I catched pygmys in forest and jungle. Alpine and coast are empty for me. In the forest for now I spotted only pygmies. But I also see that in Alpine are over 30 people now. 

EDIT - I just catched one in Alpine but it was not even 2 seconds since they appeared to be already empty. So yes - too many people at the same time for me. Will try again and again - hope I will manage to get at least 3 of them :)

2 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

I just collect both ones from forest. I still have six eggs that I don't want to abandon. I hope they still easy to hunt in 23 hours later...

The last release was fairly easier to hunt, I'm pretty sure these releases will be as easy (or hard).

I mean, their numbers are still large, even after 6 hours of release.

1 hour ago, Lantean_Pegasus said:

Then you probably weren't around when monthly releases started to be a thing. ;) There were quite a few people who mentioned not being too happy about that, for different reasons.

I, for example, don't have exact "scroll goals". But getting one to three new dragons thrown out every month is a bit too much for my taste, nonetheless.

Honestly, I often find it hard to remember the names of many breeds from the last one or two years, because I didn't get around to do anything with them besides shoveling them to my scroll on release day. No breeding, no lineage planning. Because there are just too many dragons now. And before you get to the next, the one after that makes its appearance. So it's down to a one-week hype of "yay, the cool new dragon", and then most species are forgotten because, look, the new "cool new dragon". I'm a little sad to see the noteworthiness of each individual dragon species reduced in that way.

And about playstyle making things repititive: Sitting down each last Sunday of the month, saying "Oh, man, another four weeks gone already. Time to pick up the new dragons, let's see if it's two or three this time." tends to be a bit... well, maybe not boring, but instead of being a special day a new release has become more of a routine than a celebration.

I'm still overjoyed when I find out that a certain species in a release is something I really love, but most tend to get a little lost in the masses.

That said: I'm really curious how the Glowspots will turn out ! Colour variations are always interesting. And it's always a great thing to get more Pygmies ! Variations, huzzah ! The egg description screams will-o'-the-wisp, like someone already mentioned. Maybe they are distant relatives of the Witchlights. Pygmy Witchlights. :lol:

Well said, Pegasus, well said :)

And phewww... nothing better than a little walk xD

ER has hatched and I was able to grab the last egg (from my OHMYGODINEEDTOGETONEPAIROFEACHBIOMEONRELEASEDAY madness xD).

Wasn't as easy as I thought this time ^^

And locked myself with 2 pairs of Pygmies, 1 pair of Spotted ones from Forest and 1 egg from both Alpine and Coast :)

I was thinking this Pygmy could be the mysterious Encyclopedia entry from last year, but too bad, that one was sorted between Pinks and Plated Colossus. :P

I was not ready for a new release!

thankfully, I could abandon/freeze/trade away to get several egg slots