TJ09

2018-07-29 - July Dragon Release (Part 2)

I'm laughing because I just noticed that one of my new eggs has the code Jv1yX . . . which looks like "JulyX" to me in the Drag Cave font. XD

I just get done breeding stuff and a release happens. Of course.

Good thing I could ditch two of the eggs. The other five are too valuable for me to abandon. Finally got eggs from a few pairs that hate my guts so I'd rather die than abandon them after all that. Screw you, Thunders, I finally got you to breed!

I guess I get to settle for one of each of the new eggs this time around. Hopefully they aren't as rare as the Black Truffles became in the biomes after their release flood...

Edited by animatedrose

5 minutes ago, dragondoodle said:

I'm laughing because I just noticed that one of my new eggs has the code Jv1yX . . . which looks like "JulyX" to me in the Drag Cave font. XD

haha! That's awesome! One of mine has 'POP' in the code, closest I've gotten to a word-code in awhile!

Yay, new multi-sprite dragons.  (hopefully biome varients/alts rather than bred ones)  and a new pygmy. :)  and viewbombers already?  phesh.

I think it's rather hilarious that viewbombers always seem to strike during new releases, but never seem to touch my ER stuff that I actually want to have more views! 

I'm curious how TJ's spotted ones are coded IF they are biome-based variants, since none of his say any biomes, they say Cave... Hmm. This is really not something my brain can comprehend this late at night though.

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

I think it's rather hilarious that viewbombers always seem to strike during new releases, but never seem to touch my ER stuff that I actually want to have more views! 

I'm curious how TJ's spotted ones are coded IF they are biome-based variants, since none of his say any biomes, they say Cave... Hmm. This is really not something my brain can comprehend this late at night though.

same way he has CB colored stripes and hybrids. 

Welp this release caught me off guard.

Just thoughts of a sleepy mind, but I'm hoping the coast eggs are inspired by some kind of bioluminescent deep sea creature and/or the pygmies are based on will'o'wisps. Or fireflies. But will'o'wisps seem more likely based on the description.

Also very very excited to find out the reason why TJ has so many coast eggs!

I knew there was a reason I held off breeding....and I managed to be there at the start!  Least stressful release for me for a long time now.

Such luck! This has been the easiest and most stress-free drop for me ever! So excited to pop online and get a full scroll of newly released pretties within 1 minute 😍

A massive thankyou to TJ and the spriters involved - as always, you really spoil us! 🙂

Oooh, anything glowy is gunna be awesome!!!! :D

Also managed to snag a z-coded pair of the normal-sized ones 😮 

20 minutes ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

Also very very excited to find out the reason why TJ has so many coast eggs!

What makes you think they are all coast eggs? To me, the eggs from all three biomes look the same.

Also, I had a hunch this would happen, but I'm still a bit surprised it actually did. But since the first July release was that early in the month, I thought the chances were high for this weekend. I'm glad I held off breeding my Lunar Heralds!

2 minutes ago, Orchi'dea said:

Unexpected like in the good old times :') Thanks! 

Yeah! While I totally love knowing there are frequent and steady releases, I also remember how much of a rush it was back when a release would be completely unexpected. You never knew and didn't think it would happen and it was so much fun.

h a t c h i e   d i m o r p h i s m

hatchie S1 dimorphism?????? :nyan:

Cool, thanks TJ and artists. I am operating on the assumption that there will be a colour for each biome for the glowing spots one. Caught them on my phone when I was out in the city, didn't have too much of a hard time with it.

1 hour ago, Whirlaway said:

There are now 217 Unique Breeds in Dragon Cave with these two new dragons, except only one is being counted as a new breed.

@TJ09 Why is it only one of the new breeds counted for Unique Breed Count? It should be 217, but one breed isn’t counted.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. My count went up by only one, seems like there's a mistake somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Aalbiel said:

h a t c h i e   d i m o r p h i s m

hatchie S1 dimorphism?????? :nyan:

No.  three colors, no dimorphism in hatchlings or adults

Any idea why the cave clock is two minutes slower than my computer clock today?  Its really throwing me off.  (my computer normally has about a 20-30 second difference, but I don't like that it seems to be getting worse.)

Edited by DragonLady86
no double post

7 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Any idea why the cave clock is two minutes slower than my computer clock today?  Its really throwing me off.  (my computer normally has about a 20-30 second difference, but I don't like that it seems to be getting worse.)

Does your computer have any option to re-sync the clock? I know my old computer used to, no idea about this one... My clock is only like 5 seconds off from the cave clock.

TJ's eggs don't even have cracks yet! I need to go to bed. Guess I'll have to wait until morning to see the hatchies.

2 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Does your computer have any option to re-sync the clock? I know my old computer used to, no idea about this one... My clock is only like 5 seconds off from the cave clock.

TJ's eggs don't even have cracks yet! I need to go to bed. Guess I'll have to wait until morning to see the hatchies.

It did! thank you.  It's supposed to do so automatically, but apparently got stuck somewhere.  :)

19 minutes ago, HPhaeton said:

What makes you think they are all coast eggs? To me, the eggs from all three biomes look the same.

Because I picked mine up from the coast and didn't see them pop up elsewhere. Sorry that I didn't stalk the cave and do ~extensive research~ before trying to describe an egg that we don't know the name of yet.

This one got me by surprise! I was just about to fill my scroll with AP eggs :lol:

But I'm so glad there's another release this month, the more dragons the better.

And I was able to get one of each, maybe I'll try to get some more spotted ones.