offensivetitles

How hard is it to get a paper dragon?

Don't know what board to put this on but yeah. They're labelled as rare but I see them around frequently so I'm wondering how frequently they pop up in biomes. They are my all time dream dragon and I love the adult art. Last night one was in the forest and I even clicked it first but I had too many eggs so I missed out and I'm really disappointed lol. I want to know how good my chances are of finding another one.

I haven't seen any in the biomes myself in a while, but I see them in the trade hub frequently, so they're showing up.

They aren't that hard. It's luck and patience.

But don't hunt when you are egg-locked - it's too depressing and rather pointless !

Imo Papers seem a bit more common then they used to be, I've had good luck catching them fairly consistently the last few months. Although that may be because I'm literally hunting 5+ hours a day. It is a lot about luck/timing, they show up enough it's just being there at the right moment and clicking the fastest.

I actually managed to catch a Paper after not seeing any for about two weeks. Patience and persistence was the key for me.

Aww, lucky! I LOVE cheese and haven't seen a single one, hah!

Guess I don't look enough. Patience pays off I suppose!

To me its more a thing of luck with either Papers or Cheese. I hunt for maybe 15min every day, when my eggs hatch, so I don't dedicate much time to it really and I have been able to get one of each in the last month (both in july) and have seen at least one more egg of each. So its probably more a thing of luck than dedication imo.

lol probably. But don't feel bad, so far I have only seen one Trio, and those are the ones that I WANT to get, so I haven't had much luck with the eggs I want really. Same happened to me with Reds, I love them but it took me over a month to be able to get a pair of them, even more to get a couple (didn't had much Pinks to influence and help with that). So I guess the more you like them the harder they are to get? lol it doesn't make sense but seems to be the case

@kaiserf11 Well like I mentioned I saw a paper egg and I couldn't grab it because I was egglocked and now that I'm actually putting effort in I can't find one or anything rare. I feel like life is laughing at me in the face

lol I hear you, I felt that way when I was hunting for Reds. But have some patience, it'll come to you, you'll see. Plus for what I see you are rather new to the site, so you have a lot of other eggs to catch as well, maybe trying to hunt for it every couple days instead of everyday? That way you won't get frustrated if it takes you some time to get one. Maybe you could try to make a list of the breeds you want to get, and organize them for rarity so that way you get an idea of which ones you're more likely to found AND still get something you like while hunting for the Paper.

I'd recommend joining a lineage too, that's what I did when I first joined. It helps to give some meaning to catching different types of eggs and while working on them you can still hunt for those dragons you love, with the bonus of not making you feel bad if you don't manage to get them fast.

@Kaiserf11

I'm not super new, 2016 my interest in things just wanes hard. and I think I might have touched this game in 2012 or 2013 then thought "nope this game is stupid" but I am not sure LOL

lol I guess I was wrong. I judged by your forum account really. I joined way back in 2010 I guess? The very same Halloween the Black Marrows were released, I had no idea of how the site worked so I went to "steal and egg" and saw all of them were the same, I thought "why would I want more than one of the same egg?" I really had no idea you could breed them back then. And worst of all the Black Marows are my favorite holiday breed so I ended up hating myself ☹️

Anyway, I passed through the same situation as you, my interest dwindled, plus life got be really busy and ended up leaving the game. I decided to return this year now that I have some more free time. But in order to catch up to everything I started with a new scroll so I'm basically more new than you lol

@Kaiserf11 No I understand why you would think I'm new. I've got a good understanding of the site just don't care enough to play it super often. I got a few xenos in 2016 then I thought " yeah I'm bored of this. " And then all of a sudden I have this fascination for dragon sprites and I remembered this game exists. Also I love Black Marrows I wish I took more than one LOL

Well, you've got a few cool breeds on your scroll then. I'm having trouble finding Xenos and Zyus, but hey, there is plenty of time. Though I won't ever get CB Marrows anymore T.T

6 minutes ago, Kaiserf11 said:

Well, you've got a few cool breeds on your scroll then. I'm having trouble finding Xenos and Zyus, but hey, there is plenty of time. Though I won't ever get CB Marrows anymore T.T

Actually just last holiday season the old CB ones came back in a special biome just for them. So hopefully this Halloween the same will happen and you can go hunting for CB marrows to make up for the ones you missed out on!

Really?! WOW! I didn't knew that! I really hope it happens again then because I really love Marrows and want to get some!

Well, it has happened for all holidays since last year's Halloween, so there's a good chance it will happen again. (Plus, it didn't cause any kind of site drama. XD)

And, yes, Marrows do drop there: https://dragcave.net/lineage/xbJra (Check the dates on the view page!)