Jack_Indivisible

The Blocker Breeding Bonanza!

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You would think people would have ignored it for years already, considering how it is *always* full of commons and ultracommons.

I don't really see how a contest will change this. We are treasure hunters. We will still search the AP for that occassional gem - pretty lineages, Spriter's Alt offspring, missing holiday mates, or just new breeding ideas.

This thread isn't really about pretty lineages. This is breed whatever with whatever to get commons and points

18 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You would think people would have ignored it for years already, considering how it is *always* full of commons and ultracommons.

I don't really see how a contest will change this. We are treasure hunters. We will still search the AP for that occassional gem - pretty lineages, Spriter's Alt offspring, missing holiday mates, or just new breeding ideas.

Exactly! And there are plenty of users who hatch eggs en masse and gift the stuff they don't intend to keep. Especially when the AP time is as low as it is now. Many people love commons.

15 minutes ago, Shinobimasterz said:

This thread isn't really about pretty lineages. This is breed whatever with whatever to get commons and points

If you have a look at the participants you will see that most of them are lineage lovers (not to say fetishists 😉). They might not breed your favorite breeds but they won't breed tons of messy stuff either.

4 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

This, very much!! I know a lot of users, including me, who will refresh the AP over and over and over even if it's totally full of commons, for the *chance* of finding something they really want. DC has never been about instant gratification, a lot of DC depends on refreshing the AP or biomes repeatedly for however long it takes to see that wanted breed pop up. If we are going to start worrying about one common contest ruining the AP, we might as well also worry about all the common new releases that are ruining the biomes. More commons in the biomes means less chance of seeing rares, right? And yet people are still camping out in the biomes every single day, that hasn't changed. 

Also, just because people are encouraged to breed commons in this thread does not in any way mean that pretty lineages will disappear. When I posted in this thread last night I was hunting the AP at the time and tossing back *tons* of 2nd and 3rd gen commons, pretty stairsteps and checkers, etc. There is absolutely no reason to assume that people wanting to breed more commons will mean pretty lineages will simply go away.

Chiming in:

First of all, thank you for bumping my post! 

Second of all: Did you look at any of the lineages on those commons yesterday? Terce's was the one responsible for a lot of the walling, and just from picking up 2/3 eggs I saw a lovely 4th gen greenwing/thunder checker, and a 3rd gen flamingo/rosebud checker. Terce has a lot of great lineages on their scroll, and I think it's good that this has incentivized getting them off their scroll. 

Third, while it's not practical now, I might change the rules a little to include a rule about what lineages are allowed and which aren't, though I see some issues with actually specifying which lineages are good and bad. Right now, though, people are incentivized to make nice lineages since those dragons will have a better chance of survival till the end of the month.

Third of all: In a way this is kinda how the cave is supposed to look. The ratios are set up to encourage this state of affairs, and any solution to it will push you into a catch-22. I think that this is the best solution since it definitely helps the breeders (the ones actually making the rares you covet so much) and might help biome hunters, who are competing for a much more limited resource.

Because I feel this Bonanza has a *LOT* of great benefits for so many different types of people for so many different reasons, I am going to throw something into the pot:

I am donating a "Golden Ticket." This "Golden Ticket" is a Promise for a 2G Prize Baby from my CB Gold Tinsel Prize. The fine Print: It will more than likely be a Holiday Lady mate. You may be allowed to have some input on preference of Breed, however, if they don't breed quickly, I reserve the right to fall back on proven Mates. You may Keep, Trade, or Gift this Egg/Hatchling, but the tiny Terms of My Profile Transfer to whoever is the final owner. It's pretty self evident as to do otherwise would violate the Terms of the DC world anyway. So if you would like a shiny 2G Gold Baby, you better get signed up and start breeding and collecting ASAP cause there are already some people who have a head start on you! And Finally, if nothing else, this is a *LOT* of fun to get some Breeding And Blocker Collecting, Breeding, etc. Spree fun that it is a great thing to do to wind up for the Holidays!

This is an amazing time to grab *ANY* low time eggs from the AP and hatch them and regift and/or keep them, to grow or freeze to help grow your scroll (and maybe reach your next trophy goal before the holidays, or even regifting and releasing for others to find), grow your collection of these breeds, find new lines to love and maybe carry on the line, and also to stock up on BSAs and other helpful dragons you will need for the holidays and their various prep! Come join in the fun and get going with a reason to dust off your dragons and get active and start making sure you are keeping an eye on the upcoming end of year to beginning of year Holiday fun Spree! I'm sure you find many lovely lineages, pretty gems, increase your collection so you can breed more of these particular breeds, and have a lot of fun breeding, collecting, sharing and gifting in the meantime. Including finding BSAs, Holidaykin and even more!

And have a chance to get some nice shiny gifts for yourself before the shiny gifting holiday kicks in. If you want to make any other donations to the event, feel free to PM Jack_Indivisible to get those donations or "Tickets for that Line" (I like vs IOU Promise) to encourage some more to join and have fun!

Edited by Natayah

Do you like to breed? Are you proud of some, most or all of your scroll? Do you like to regift and help each other and the game,. Do you like low time AP? Do you like to collect or build your breeds, frozen hatchlings, pretty lines, vampire/zombie/other fodder? Do you like low time eggs to build your scroll up to the next trophy, find gems, regift hatched eggs and/or drop the as one way teleports or drop to AP? DO you want to breed stubborn lines ..... Do you like to be challenged and join others for fun and prize to celebrate and help the game and players for all the reasons above and beyond.....???? THEN WHY HAVE YOU NOT JOINED IN AND SHARED WITH OTHERS?!?!?!?!

Everyone wins in this game. Let's get more players and get more involved. We got some NICE prizes... And a lot of you do this anyway. Or if you want to be ready to go for the next round, join NOW so you got the process DOWN. I am CHALLENGING you to join, post, support and share! 🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕

Exciting news! First of all, both the CB Gold and the CB Xenowyrm have been caught! Lineage links are in the announcement post! 

Second of all, Terces has been kind enough to donate a total of 5 prizes, 2 3rd gen tinsels, and 3 3rd gen checkers with spriters alts! This also means that we now have more prizes than contestants 😂 Check out the specifics in the announcement post!

We have 6 days until the drawing, so make sure you're breeding every dragon you can.

For newcomers, please remember that even one dragon make you elligible for the drawing, and therefore for the Gold!

Well, I've never tried to clear out any cave blockers, so what the heck...I'll be happy to breed a few!  And I just learned to make a group...here it is:  https://dragcave.net/group/62438

Edited by StrikeFire
Adding group link

Greetings Fellow Players,

There are a *TON* of breeds that are in the common/very common (aka Blocker) List for this Event! That means if you didn't even realize it, that having bred some, collected some, frozen some, etc. can get you tickets to win some really great prizes. You just need to list either the Blocker Breed on your scroll you caught this month (see the rules) and/or at least one of the parents you bred to create a Blocker Breed egg, (now a hatchling or adult on another scroll) FROM THIS MONTH! You just need to list them into a Group, toss your name as a participant, and basically - WIN AWESOME STUFF - Including CB Gold, 2G Prize, 3G Prize & Spriters Alt Lines and really really awesome stuff. Even if you hadn't planned on participating you probably did it if you did just about *ANYTHING* within the normal sphere of play. So just read the first post or two, follow the simple instructions, announce you are now a "participant" and someone else will even count up all your tickets. How awesome is that as a way to win some really hard to get and exclusive, cool, or just really nice prizes? If anything ..... let some others know, let's get some last minute entries because you may be the winner of something really cool. Also, you'll get a feel for how it flows for the next round. And spend these next few days BREEDING the ones you do have on your scroll so you can earn extra tickets! Let's get this going! You are doing a lot to help the Cave, and there really should be a lot more people signed up for such a simple action for a chance to win these really great prizes.

Don't be greedy - share the news with others, and let's knock out July with a really spectacular gift to the game and the Community, no matter your play style = And Have a Pretty Darn Good Chance of winning at least one really awesome prize?!?!?!?! - And if you let you let some of your favorite people know and THEY win.... just think how much they are going to love you forever!

Time is running out, but you still have time AND it is for a good cause to win awesome stuff - What are you waiting for??

Sounds fun from a guy who also does statistics :v
First of all, this is amazing, as I've seen species like Black Tea Dragons becoming slightly rarer in my observations. However, I must question for the definition of blockers.
Pyrovar species is currently one of my highest observation counts so far, yet it's not considered a blocker. I agree with Lacula, Leodon, and other species as blockers though.

Should I make a blocker group for this? I breed them whenever I have the chance to increase ratios, just because I think none of my dragons are rare lol

I've been slowly breeding for this over the past week; here is my group: https://dragcave.net/group/62276 

I've already gone through once and found a few mistakes, so do let me know if you find any more and I'll make sure to take them out. I might also re-breed some things later that didn't give me an egg first time 'round (if I remember to!)

First of all, wow, I'm glad to see all our new players!

8 hours ago, BlueLatios said:

However, I must question for the definition of blockers.
Pyrovar species is currently one of my highest observation counts so far, yet it's not considered a blocker. I agree with Lacula, Leodon, and other species as blockers though.

Should I make a blocker group for this? I breed them whenever I have the chance to increase ratios, just because I think none of my dragons are rare lol

I  didn't set pyrovar as a blocker because they were just released this month and the ratios are settling down still. Next month they will definitely be on the list.

If you want to get chances to win the prize, definitely! Otherwise, you can't get counted.

I question some things about the list, too, but there is certainly enough breeds on there to work with. I think perhaps some breeds that aren't really "cave blockers" still tend to dominate in breeding and since I spend more time breeding than hunting the cave, those are the breeds that bother me the most. It is proven that mass breedings help with that problem, too, so maybe for another time you could ask breeders what breeds they find troublesome in breeding. Many of them are already on your list, but there are a few I was surprised to see missing.

Tbh, I don't have a ton of experience with breeding, and info on that is harder to get. I'd be glad to see people chiming in with what they've had issues with breeding. What are the ones you were thinking of?

I don't really mind the mass breeding walls- they've always been a part of the game.  For me, most of my rare egg catches came because of those.  I had a very slow connection and couldn't keep up with the other players' faster internets or computers.  What did work in my favor was the mass breeding, oddly enough.   Folks got impatient, which meant less people scouring the AP.  When something uncommon, rare  or just fun came up, I had less competition.   And if if you're a code hunter, mass breeding are a gold mine.  

On a side note, I just bred a dorsal and a celestial and got four eggs!  Three dorsal, one celestial.  How does that figure into the contest?

IMG_2862.PNG

HI Ipomea, glad to have you!

Strikefire, neither of those are blockers, so they wouldn't count for anything. However, celestials are probably a good way to get a whole lot of eggs if that's common, so that's pretty cool. 

On 7/26/2018 at 1:10 PM, Jack_Indivisible said:

Tbh, I don't have a ton of experience with breeding, and info on that is harder to get. I'd be glad to see people chiming in with what they've had issues with breeding. What are the ones you were thinking of?

As I'm looking over your lists again, I think it is not so much breeds that aren't on there at all, but things that I would have expected to have higher ticket values. Khusas, Diamondwings, Sinii Krai, Antarean -- almost impossible to get an egg of the mate's breed even when they breed with another super common. Tetras and Scimitar Wings are awful, too, and I would probably place them even higher than you have them. But they are all on your list, so hopefully that will encourage some people to breed them and that will be a good thing. :) 

46 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Khusas, Diamondwings, Sinii Krai, Antarean -- almost impossible to get an egg of the mate's breed even when they breed with another super common.

Hm, that's probably not good, since I'm embarking on a rather ambitious second-cousin inbreeding experiment with khusas (and lacula, spotted greenwings, tri-horns, falconiform, ember, dark lumina, and monarchs) 🙈

Interestingly, diamondwings and antarean are above 100 shards in the market place. I wonder if that means they're more common in the cave than they're supposed to be, or if 100 doesn't actually mean that dragons are within their ratios or below but is strictly for those below their ratios, or even if something like 300 actually means they are at the ratios they're supposed to be?

Edit: Actually, are the spreadsheet warriors of dragon cave keeping track of this kind of thing at all? Someone should probably get on it (and I have too many projects to take on something like that)

29 minutes ago, Jazeki said:

Just bred my second batch of eggs for the raffle. :3 

Nice.

Edited by Jack_Indivisible

41 minutes ago, Jack_Indivisible said:

Hm, that's probably not good, since I'm embarking on a rather ambitious second-cousin inbreeding experiment with khusas (and lacula, spotted greenwings, tri-horns, falconiform, ember, dark lumina, and monarchs🙈

Monarchs! I knew there was one I was surprised wasn't on the list. Although I do think they are beginning to balance out a bit in breeding . . . finally.