Jack_Indivisible

The Blocker Breeding Bonanza!

I bred a bunch of my beloved Thunder x Sunsong checker and got SIX thunders to only FOUR sunsongs, haha! Hard to know for sure if it's because of this event... but it does seem too perfectly coincidental. :) 

Okay, I want to join this endeavor😊

I've read the rules and I think I know what to do.  Here's my group of about 350 dragon parents:

https://dragcave.net/group/66610

I'm using a lot of reds, pinks, and magi (BSA's).  I know they're not in the list of accepted blockers, but I just like to throw as many of them to the AP as I can!😆

I have one question though.  After I post the group I'm donating, is it set in stone?  Can I add to the group, or is it unchangeable?

Edited by jerzeeshadow

9 minutes ago, jerzeeshadow said:

I have one question though.  After I post the group I'm donating, is it set in stone?  Can I add to the group, or is it unchangeable?

I've been adding to mine all along as I breed more!

12 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

Okay, I want to join this endeavor😊

I've read the rules and I think I know what to do.  Here's my group of about 515 dragon parents:

https://dragcave.net/group/66550

I'm using a lot of reds, pinks, and magi (BSA's).  I know they're not in the list of accepted blockers, but I just like to throw as many of them to the AP as I can!😆

I’d suggest removing the BSAs. Breed them if you like, definitely, but they aren’t going to be counted as tickets so they’re just going to clutter up the group come counting time. Just breed them and don’t add them. 

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

@jerzeeshadow what I do is keep a Group of the current breeds, mostly always the same may sometimes add a new breed, easy enough, or even rarer remove one, pretty easy, and KEEP another tab of my other groups like BSAs, nice lines, etc, set them all to available for breeding and hop between the tabs as I want to vary it up and refresh what's available to breed as needed. It's what I recommend to keep variety and reward AP hunters.

Before I forget, here's my group for this month.  https://dragcave.net/group/66573

Guess I have a different approach to group making,  I just make a new group each month, and add the blocker parent of the pair as I breed an egg.  

Do remember to make your groups public,  I can't see VixenDra's link and I suspect that is the reason.

10 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Guess I have a different approach to group making,  I just make a new group each month, and add the blocker parent of the pair as I breed an egg.  

Yep, that is the way I do mine, too. That way there is nothing in the group that doesn't count.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Yep, that is the way I do mine, too. That way there is nothing in the group that doesn't count.

Yah, but I wasn't going to make a group unless I could do it easily so once I figured I could add an ENTIRE BREED by clicking one dragon, I was suddenly in it to stat it. I was gonna breed regardless. If I had to add each dragon each time they bred an egg vs failed attempts (cuz every one on that list is being bred every week or two at least to someone else on that thread, something to make a Hybrid attempt, or something Holiday unless it has some other weird set mate for some reason), at least it got made. I figure the "addition" of the amount of extra stats I generated was probably worth the few that didn't breed kiddos and double counting.

That said, it is always nice to be as neat as possible, but you are talking to a person who will give you a 2G Prize, but tell you it has to 1. Be a Holiday and 2. Breed in a few Weeks or you get what you get, basically. I mean, Yay for winning Free 2G Prize Gold Tinsel Egg, but on the other hand, I ain't got the patience to put up with having someone with bare hands I want to fill and muss their hair and send them on their way; I certainly ain't got the patience to add dragons one by one to a group. This is why I donate the prize, not why I cash in to win them, although, I love some of the stuff ya'll offering, I love pretty lineages, so I'll throw in for that. I'm really happy to let others add CB things to their collections if they need them and/or want them. You all do a lot of work, you deserve a lot of love ❤️

Honestly, I mean.... we've gotten an impressive final round lap of people joining and I'm thrilled to see all who have joined. Especially since so many of you are long or longer time players with large scrolls and plenty to breed, and some of you do this sort of stuff on your own any way, so you might as well have that extra work not only multiplied (look at how low we've Kept that AP **ALL MONTH LONG** and how many eggs we've sent to the AP, how many low time, incuhatch, fast hatch, etc. eggs we've created and just the millions of ways that spirals outwards to the Community and impact on their play (very positive in many ways, not gonna make another list), and I'm also excited for the newer and/or growing players who may have a bit of a smaller scroll, but they've seen the lovely prizes and seen the list of participants and just how easy and fun it is to join, and hey, why not - and made the smart bet on just betting! Thanks for joining in, thanks for helping to contribute to our little slice of number crunching ratio loving pie, and I'll cover more on that in a second. Basically, at some point there is going to be a point where the dragons we breed this month may not hatch or make a status to help contribute to your extra tickets and entries. I don't care. Breed 'em anyway. The secret is that **almost all - if not all** of those same breeds are going to be on the list for September, and even if you take less breeding time in September to do some Holl-oween-Days Prep (or other Holly-Days and Holidays), those babies will just help fuel your fire for next month (not sure how the line crossing over impacts the tickets, Jack calls the shots on that one, but regardless, if we kept the AP that low for that long, we deserve to end on that note too!).

It Still *AMAZES* me how many people are like - I wonder why the AP time is so low, which person or few persons are responsible for it? Well there are a lot of ongoing awesome breeders who breed really fantastic stuff to the AP, regardless of Status on Common or Rare, and send lovely treasures and deserve their proper thanks and praise, even if they aren't part of this thread (although many of you are, cheers!); but goodness, that is not just a handful of people doing it. We got a solid group, and a growing group, who are super dedicated and focused on that goal! Most months don't experience the luxuries of a LOW timed AP this long and this often. Gonna have to give a little credit to the fact that 2 Releases hit within this month's time period window, but most of that is us being awesome, and I'm glad we've got more people to carry it on. And hopefully we'll get some more people as we continue them thru in between or as we pick up thru the Holiday fun (because there are certain months with a LONG break in between, January is SOMETIMES one of them, depends on timing of releases and DC events. We sometimes get a End of Dec/Early January multiple days event additionally to Christmas, so we'll see how that rolls this year. We also usually have various Holidaykin and other Featured Breeding (especially Holidaykin) Events & Dates in those time ranges. Jack makes the calls on that one (also donating some VERY NICE rare prizes personally AS WELL), I just make a Prize donation, and I appreciate how many more of you donated on that too, it really made a difference! I remember Vhale's Targeted Mass Breeding Events, and they were amazing, especially with their turn outs, but we didn't always have a list of several prizes, especially ones you can even choose from lists of options and multiple options .... *AND* such good chances of winning any one of them and possibly even passing on some prizes to get your preference, allowing another person to get something they didn't think would still be available - or however the numbers crumble! But they are great odds!

Here is a little lesson for those who may not be familiar with the basics of marketing, business, data stuffs, or just the 80/20 rule which applies to almost everything. While we can refine the way numbers or data is gathered, and a larger pool is always going to help provide better results (at least to a point), most of our back of the envelope calculations are going to be spot on enough or close enough to really make a difference on however people like to discuss, implement, or react to numbers and stats and ratios or whatnot. So even if the system doesn't seem perfect and limited, to get "better more accurate results" generally requires so much extra work for the small extra increase, that it generally isn't worth it. Now I'm not saying we shouldn't grow our pool of participants, we certainly want more people to have more fun and be involved, and that way no one ever has to feel guilty or worried about spending HOURS breading their fried dragons... the chickens will still appear in cave and we will still not ever really know why.... except for those of us who know. However, I just wanted to remind people that you may think it is a small thing and perhaps wonder how can your contribution ever *really* make a difference in game or influence things, but if you don't understand all the various talk when people crunch numbers and track data and do this and that (honestly, I don't, but I know some of the marketing stuff on it, hence - Why I am the Cheerleader), you are just gonna have to trust the wisdom on this one. You do matter and it is more than enjoying the game, multiple ways you give back and improve the game for others, but also the way & activity of how or if your eggs do or don't breed. It makes a huge difference to many people and many types of people, and it helps to make a good guess on the best answers we can judge for various riddles and quandaries that arise within DC. And the next time you are hunting thru the AP or find a really nice lineage mentioned by another, posted for Trade, or whatever, remember that one of the reasons that special checker or egg or lineage may even be able to exist is because you took the time to breed some dragons. Thanks for having fun with us!

Edited by Natayah

Wow few days left and I actually forgot to join in XD
Here it is: https://dragcave.net/group/66650

And yeah, who knows, maybe because of this, the Xenowyrms are starting to drop to Uncommon value :v

It also annoys me that my Black Tea Dragon always produce the breed of her Rare mate. Couldn't put her in the group lol

Edited by BlueLatios

I cannot believe how fast that month is over. I don't know if I'll do much more breeding in September, I usually try to sit down for at least a few minutes a night (obviously longer on days off or I get really into my clicking) going thru my list and seeing whats available to breed and just go to town, often mixing dragons to mate with each other on the list - that way if they produce either egg, I'm still good!) I'm gonna be glad to be involved with the upcoming Mass Holidaykin Breeding Event by Jazeki starting in the next few days, and likely will get an early start (and late start) on that since the weekends eat up a lot of my time! But between the new release that AP is amazingly Below 4 Days! Hopefully if that keeps up maybe some of those eggs will start hatching on their own and just pop out some hatchlings to enjoy! I need my new release eggs to HATCH so I can get going with my Holiday Prep!

I hope you all have enjoyed this month and really are taking time to enjoy the fruits of our labor, or at least watching others really enjoy them and knowing that our own work is being enjoyed, and our own prize distribution is coming up soon enough!

Hiya, please could I join, to help the stats? Here's my group, so if you can't see it, please let me know 🙂

Just as an FYI to people, we need our eggs to hatch if we want to get points. They need to hatch before September. However, if people start doing the ILLEGAL thing of putting eggs into "Houses They Do not Own" when they do not own the egg, our eggs do not turn into hatchlings. They magically suddenly grow up to Adults in backlog and go straight to the wilderness. I know this from prior Holiday Experience. You can argue it if you like, but I have enough personal background to understand that's how it works, and if we created this mess, we have to at least move it a long a little so people start eyeing it again and grabbing those instahatchies BEFORE they go back to being 4 or more days OLD! You get ZERO points or credit for breeding stuff that ends up in the Wilderness. If its not on a scroll in a form of a hatchling or an adult dragon (it can be a growing hatchling, it can be a frozen hatchling it can be an alive adult, it cannot be a stabby stabbed future halloween fodder or vampire fodder that changed to vampire, although I think it would be wonderful to encourage people to CLEAR THE BACKLOG because if there are a few small points lost here and there for more points gained overall.. this is better than what we have now, let me clarify): We have to help clean up this backlog by taking some of the eggs, due to the TIMING of this event that has left almost EVERY scroll owner so full that literally we are down to like Holiday time backlog... that if we don't, be it this group, or other people who are nice gifters and like to do nice things and are willing to keep a mere 1-2 slots open, just even while you continue to hunt - you can still hunt!

But we need to help clear the backlog if we want our eggs to hatch and be at least a hatchling before the end of the month (I don't know how month crossovers work I'm not gonna worry about that now)

You put in a lot of work, and we'd like to see all of us get some last few days points. If people start mass releasing hatchlings (and you got LOTS of room for those) in the Forums, in the AP, wherever, you are going to get more people grabbing things and moving things. And we will get thru the backlog quicker. As much as I *LOVE* being under 4 days, this glut is probably a little too much until we get it back at four days or whatever, and we need to get it there. We being the Community in general. We really don't want them to just go die or instagrow up and go to the Wilderness. That isn't the point. So if people aren't willing to take some eggs now, they will be if things get moving and there are hatchlings to grab however you want to set them free to the world, or keep them yourself and use them for future breedings on future competitions!

Just something to think about because while it helps the game, it doesn't really help if the clog just kinda sticks around. I'm mass hatching my new releases, was at work all day didn't realize how low they really were and could have cleared them earlier but I was still at work so didn't matter as much.... But now I want to get some things moving!

So don't put what you don't own where it don't belong. Put it on your scroll, go click the click sites and hatch it, give it away free, keep it, hunt for some fun, do as you will, but we need to dig out a shovel and shovel a bit. And feel free to do this through the weekend because it would be nice to clean some of these out so when people start doing the Breeding Event for the Mass Breeding Event for Holidaykin hosted by Jazeki (Go sign up or peek if you haven't) - I don't think breeding them NOW is a good idea. Clearing some of the backlog THEN breeding them and leaving things nice and fresh for them would be much better.

And perhaps they will in turn free some slots, hatch some of our eggs, to help keep AP times at a nice low point, but to also not make it so bad that people just stop touching things and time drops so low that the dragons are just wasted. And that feeling kinda sucks, especially if you threw out some nice stuff with the commons (not that your commons weren't awesome by themselves!!)

And if you are like.. BUT I WANT NEW EGGS - Look if you win some of these prizes, you can easily trade for them with offspring! Yay!!!! Even better. Or hunt as you like, just keep your heart open, by keeping your scroll open, with just a single slot or two. Or be kind and as soon as you *HAVE IT* grab some hatchlings and mass hatch them and then either keep, regift, or release the hatchlings back to the AP - NOT INTO THE WILD!!! Let's give some players an awesome sudden influx of ways to help build up their scrolls and maybe even grow into a new trophy as a follow up fun to this end of August Release!

Edited by Natayah

On 7/19/2018 at 12:40 PM, Jack_Indivisible said:

Rules:

Dragons are counted at the end of the month

Only bred eggs/hatchlings/dragons count towards tickets

Only eggs/hatchlings/dragons that survive and remain their species at the end of the month count towards tickets

Only eggs/hatchlings/dragons that were bred during the contest month count towards the total

Dragons in the wilderNess do not count

To submit dragons,either their mother, father, or both must be added to a public group and the group link posted to the thread, one group per scroll

Current Contest Dates: August 1 - August 31

3 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Wait, do eggs bred on the 30th and 31st not count?

As I read the rules, ADP, it looks like eggs do not have to hatch by the end of the month to count. Bolding above is mine.

I'm gonna leave any questions open to Jack, but if they roll over into September, again, up to Jack, that gives you a head start, and if not, then we got some really appreciative people who are gonna be grabbing up those eggs rather quickly when they see people snagging them and go - Oh shoot wait I wanted some low time eggs to hatch faster but... ARGH gotta grab something now while still time so .... you never know where they are going to go. And it will be a nice wave to roll in the Holidaykin. People need reminders to dust off their dragons. And I think a lot of people had a lot of fun with all this in August, and will in ANY other month they have a chance to grab stuff. Most of my breedings were Common x Common, and while I didn't get any special honorable mentions for my genius lineage starting (they were pretty random sometimes, sometimes not, no worries there) I found a LOT of people of all different levels of scrolls not only took them, they grew them into adults. I was SHOCKED!

We do good work here. And I think for stats, any day that does or doesn't ring in might also be a bit different. Jack is going to be super busy over these next few days and its the WEEKEND. And I'm going to be breeding a new 2G Prize soon. So right now all I'm doing is picking up babies and hatching them (I might be keeping some myself, especially a few CB I found.. and a few Z'Codes I found might find happy homes...) to get this backlog moving just to make sure people don't mass lose points due to us not realizing we would have a big PUSH to LOWER the AP Time...only to have that AP time lowered with or without us cuz almost every player is locked to the gills.

I wouldn't worry so much about the specifics yet, and I'd get crackin. That is going to be one of the most productive things we can do to make sure our group is earning points for prizes instead of just sitting and rotting. Only Brimstones dig that sulfur rotting egg smell. Its why we keep them around!

ETA: And if you are worried about ANY Down time... I have a list of about (It says 5-6 but really it is secretly more like 8 or more) things you can start doing right now on the Player Activities & Events Thread. We got so much going on and so much coming up, I have no idea how you lineage breeders keep it all together. I would lose my Pixel Mind!

Let's clear & "Gift" **cough cough ensure our raffle tickets/points** and "Keep" ** cough cough future breeding fodder** some of these LOW Time Eggs we made so lovely!

Edited by Natayah

I wish Incubate would help make the hatchlings grow faster >.<

Oh well, once they grow up, I'll help in the AP cleaning :v

I got a nice amount of hatchlings from there, I want to see them again :3