Jack_Indivisible

The Blocker Breeding Bonanza!

10 minutes ago, Verse said:

I'm signing up again. I've just realised that Undines count, so I've added them to my group. Lets hope I won't destroy ratios for them 🤣

My group: https://dragcave.net/group/62566

Yeah, Undines are new this month, which surprised me, too.

I notice a lot of people who are regularly breeding as well as those who have been a part of this Event/Game and EVERYONE seems to be enjoying the ongoing lower time AP. So if they haven't joined here yet, even if just for stat gathering and also possible pretty things. And it is just as easy to grow your SCROLL while breeding what you have to earn what tickets you can as the odds are in YOUR favor for something nice. We are at halfway point, how goes your breeding? Did you get all the breeds added to your group... time to BREAK out the mouse and get clicking. 

Top Ten Things To Do While Breeding to Win

1. Breed some BSAs and Holidaykin, Prize and Nicer Lineages to drop in with the Commons.

2. Spend some time thinking about and either naming or writing Descriptions. And write them. Consider also reviewing submissions to help get other descriptions approved faster.

3. Go play some of the fun fast and easy forum games.

4. Any good AP finds you kept? Post it to the Great Lineages found in the AP. 

5. Cave Hunt in between breeding. Either keep the eggs for yourself, to regift, or drop back to the AP. This is another way to help move cave blockers.

6. Make a list of things you need to do to get ready for the Holidays. Need advice, go ask!

7. Check out some of the Gifting and Requests Threads and fill someone's needs and wishes.

8. Look thru the threads and find something and share a comment. From real life to art to DC talk and ideas and RP and more I bet there is something interesting. 

9. Send a welcome PM or post in the Introduction Threads of newer members.

10. Leave egg or hatchling space to breed/hatch nice things and gift them away.

11. Send a short or longer PM to say Hello and Thank you to older friends from the game you haven't talked with in awhile. Friends are awesome. 

12. Update and organize your own SCROLL, breeding lists, Groups, wish lists, threads in which you watch and participate, etc. See some newer active names on the Forums you don't know yet,send a hello PM and offer to help in a way that is appreciated like offering to breed, catch a dragon they like, offer to help incuhatch a few hatchlings or whatever.

Edited by Natayah

On 8/10/2018 at 5:46 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

For eggs that can be two breeds, did you actually divide the number by 2 to account for both breeds? I mean, Frills and Horses in the Jungle, Moonstones and Sunstones in the Desert, and in the Coast and in the Jungle there are Flamingoes and Pinks (though in those places Flamingoes are MUCH more likely than Pinks!)

Or are you counting the full amount of appearance for both breeds each time?

Right now I'm counting the total occurence for both breeds. I feel that's pretty fair for the -stone dragons, since they're similar, really common, and have a 50-50 chance of getting grabbed. I also think that the fact that they have a 50% chance of not being the kind you want really hurts their chances of being picked up.

Flamingos didn't make it onto this months list for a surprising reason- they're about the same rarity as pinks in the desert at 2.5%, while pinks range from 1-.03% elsewhere. Keep in mind these results are kind of coarse and only really a guideline. They're going to be innacurate, especially at lower ranges. They might have just been rare while I was on.

Horses and Frilleds I should probably look into. I don't know how common frilled are, but I'm treating them the same as the -stone dragons, since people will avoid projects with them because of the randomness. (Supporting this is the fact that those dragons in the ap go pretty quickly)

On 8/11/2018 at 8:59 PM, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I just counted, and I realized we have over 80 breeds listed here—saying 1 out of every 3 dragons is a blocker! I think at that level we’re getting into “common” rather than “excessively common,” and I know trying to breed through them all is giving me a lot of burn out. Would you consider making it, say, just the 25 most problematic breeds or such in future?

And—since you do some really cool statistical analysis, could you keep a list of how things fluctuate in rarity from one event to the next?

I mean, I feel those dragons are still common enough to be a problem, and they are weighted so that the ones that are the biggest problem are the ones that are the most rewarding. 

As to the rarity, I haven't been keeping backups >.< So I'll try to do that going forward!

Ok - The month is more than halfway over. I'd like to get people to have their Breeding Buttons ready to click click click so let me offer some inspiration:

Because of you .... we have a low time AP..... because of you... people are able to more quickly hatch and incuhatch eggs to collect, grow their scrolls, regift, set free on the Forums or back in the AP, attempt to do some "Breed Transformations" (vampires are not that bad, they usually have a pretty good rate of turning, so don't hate!), and all sorts of other fun stuff. And we give plenty of people LOTS of time to hunt thru and pick up stuff and search for things and a lot of people have really enjoyed it.

But more importantly, we are helping future breeding projects and the ratios in this game - which have impacts beyond what we can even guess, and we are tracking them, so we are doing Science! Pixel Science! Unraveling the Mysteries or such.

And there are still MANY of you out there who may just keep breeding but maybe you don't want to be "public" or "win a prize" for whatever reason. Would you consider sending a PM to Jack and creating a Group to be Public, even if your scroll is hidden, so that we can use the breeds on the monthly lists and see how things impact? The more data, the better, and the better we will get at selecting "Blockers to Breed".

AND I WOULD LOVE A CHANCE, to help you get one of those often hard to get lovely often sought after 2G GOLD PRIZE BABIES for your very own! Something Bright and Shiny to decorate your scroll well before the Holidays. Bling out your Scroll and join in! Just breed and make a group! It's not hard, and even if others have a head start - It isn't about who has the most tickets, it matters which ticket gets drawn, which could be YOURS! Spend some down time in between the game and send those lovely eggs to the AP, dust off some of your other lovelies and send them to the AP too for fun surprises for the Player Community, and, even if you don't want to win anything, we want your precious breedingly data.... mmmmm sweet data...... mmmmm sweet Low Time AP.... mmmmmm Sweet Freee 2G Gold Prize Egg... YOU CAN STILL SIGN  UP AND JUMP IN - WHAT are you waiting for? Cuz I'm gonna be honest - Ain't sure if I'm gonna be able to do this in September as well, so may offer something else, may offer another 2G Gold Prize baby.... may not .... it depends on Holiday Prep... So grab your chance while you KNOW you can!

I feel like we really need to give ourselves a stretch goal that I feel we can reach as this is just a few days past the month's halfway mark... I really feel we can hit 5K, and that would be pretty awesome. I mean, we could get some breeders who aren't in it just for the prizes just to share data, and we could invite some others because people love to "state" about how they can't win or get or trade 2G Prizes or put how much they desire one more than anything in life... but won't breed some simple dragons to the AP for a free easy chance to win one??? I really just don't get it.

So if you know anyone who desires one of these things, or people who just like to breed, or hey, people who are like sure I breed stuff I like low AP times, I do that sometimes, oh I might also win some shiny stuff all I gotta do is post a group on this thread and just breed some that seems easy... yah it is pretty much the easiest thing you can do.

I don't know what I feel like I'd offer as a "reward" for meeting that, as I feel we can, and I love low AP as it makes everyone dance and sing (I have never met a player who likes higher AP times, if you are out there, let me meet you, although I will admit I have been there before as I felt the "value" of CB anything was pretty much nil since people could just incuhatch all day long and so it really wasn't something that could be a real trading option to offer a mass bundle of hatchies unless someone still really needed them, but ..... I felt bad for people offering those things, but I don't think that really is so much a thing now, especially as most of those are BRED vs CB's so CBs still have their value cuz you can only drop so many CBs from the Biomes so often... I digress), so lets make people get down with their funky selves.

Also, if you haven't pulled out those umm... Starlight Clear Dragons (I am so bad on names) get your clutch on for the month!

On 8/9/2018 at 5:58 PM, purplehaze said:

I will be glad to donate a 3rd gen Prize from one of my second gens, also -- mostly they breed stairsteps, but I have one that breeds a checker. Winner's choice. Mates are already set.

@Jack_Indivisible I offered this and don't see it on your list of prizes. I think that ADP made some offers that aren't listed, either.

@All_The_Awesome_Donators: We are going to have as many prizes as people and that is freaking fantastic, lets get some "Growing" Silver Players and Newer Gold and heck, maybe in a few bronze to throw out some stuff, and .... I mean with that much cool stuff, why not? Thanks for pointing that out @purplehaze you have awesome dragons and I am ENTERING this month so I can win some of your alls dragons, not just so I can win my own baby... that seems kinda weird. We got a pretty dang awesome prize list!

Say it with me... we can do this!

5K ALL THE WAY!!!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

@Jack_Indivisible I offered this and don't see it on your list of prizes. I think that ADP made some offers that aren't listed, either.

Oops, sorry! I've added your contribution, thank you! ADP worded his offer kind of confusingly, and I quoted him in this thread asking for some clarification on what he meant by his offer. It slipped my mind about it after he commented again.

> 2 3g Prizes, chosen from among my 2gs (please give me a list of SIX prizes you like, and specify checker or stair, and I'll get two off that list!)

> 4 3g Spriter's Alt offspring, chosen from among my 2gs; you can pick specifics, but no holiday x holiday.

Ditto. Are these 6 prizes, 5 prizes, or 2 prizes?

@angelicdragonpuppy I'll need your help here!

Ah sorry; ONE person gets two 3g Prizes (they just have to pick six of my lines they’d be happy with, in case some of them are stubborn), and ONE person gets four 3g Spriter’s Alt babies of their choosing (no holiday x holiday though). Does that clarify things?

So glad to see new faces and more who want to breed and others following the thread - WHO ELSE WANTS TO WIN AWESOME AMAZING RARE STUFF INCLUDING A 2G GOLD PRIZE JUST FOR BREEDING SOMETHING! Look, if you want a 2G Prize, and all over about how you dream and wish you could have one - if you ain't participating, I'm don't know what more could be done to make it easy for you. Only takes a ticket to win, don't need to the biggest by any means, and we got a LOT of nice prizes this time, and a LOT of them... Any Silvers or Bronzes or Smaller Gold Scrolls want to add some lovelies before the Holidays??? Then this is where you should be. Please share the news. We've got so many prizes, we need people to spread them around to win them!

Also, we are doing awesome stuff for the game, beyond ratios and providing stats... Let's keep that AP Time Low and Incuhatch for all the awesome reasons for all the player needs and play styles!!

My new problem is there are too many nice things in the AP for me to take them all, haha. Going to have a lot of stuff to post in great lineages found in the AP by the time this is over.

I'm wanting to see if we can hit 5k. We are approaching the last week of the month, and we need MOAR BREADING!!

And all those out there who maybe feel CB PRIZES, especially GOLD ones, are really super duper expensive and getting one means you like are set for life and are now getting super rich... I named one of my babies (in a bit of poking well meant fun), I WON DC. If you would like to be a WINNER like me and KEEP WINNING, you can get one of those super rare GOLD 2G offspring for free!!!!Just make a quick Group for the breeds listed, post it here and breed them some AND YOU ARE IN IT TO WIN IT - TOTALLY FREE!!! THERE ARE ALSO SO MANY OTHER RARE AMAZING PRIZES TOO THIS MONTH!! You will also be helping the game even if you dont really understanding why, and get to know some of the most AWESOME peoples in game that often giveaway FREE amazing rare, cool, pretty, etc things ongoing and have some of the BEST Dragon Collections out there. 

WHY ARE YOU NOT PART OF THIS YET?!?!?! FREE RARE STUFF EVEN FOR YOUNG AND NEW AND NOT SO OLD PLAYERS!! GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

Right On! Nothing to lose, and possibly some very nice things to gain, and get those dragons bred, and help the game! (Like I said, tons of ways Lower AP times and breeding stuff  helps out the game, but if you don't know all of it, don't worry over it, show your dragons some love by letting them.. I MEAN - let everyone enjoy your lovely dragons, have some Low Time Eggs to hatch open or do with as they need for their player styles & goals & if you have some helpful, interesting, pretty or nice things on your scroll, toss those into the AP as well! No reason you can't mix in your nicer lineages, BSAs, rares, whatever! Reward those people needing to build up their scrolls, those who want to help others, and those AP gem hunters with lucky lovely finds. And if your scroll isn't super awesome (or that may be how you feel) - well breed and help keep that AP time LOW LOW LOW:

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO BREED A 2G GOLD PRIZE EGG FOR YOU? (FOR FREE)??

GO MAKE A QUICK GROUP OF A BUNCH OF COMMONS, GO BREED SOME, AND POST THAT GROUP LINK HERE AND YOU MIGHT BE THE NEXT PERSON WITH A LOVELY (OR AT LEAST AMUSING) PRIZE BABY FROM ME, CUZ I SURE DON'T SEEM TO BE TRADING THEM AND I GOTTA DO SOMETHING WITH THEM, HOW ABOUT I HELP YOU GET A RARE PRETTY FOR YOUR SCROLL?!?!?!

HAPPY PRE-HOLIDAYS - LET'S HAVE FUN, LET'S GET READY, AND LET'S GET INTO THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT WHILE BLINGING OUT OUR SCROLLS!!!!

Who wants to get in while there are still some days in August Left?? The drawing is soon - So make a Group, breed some dragons, and what have you got to lose other than super helping the game with that Lower AP time, stats that are really important to track *AND* possibly win lots of prizes, only a few more entrants than prizes available so like ..... YOU have *AMAZING* chance to win something(s) really really Awesome! And I can't wait to get breeding someone lucky a 2G Gold Tinsel Prize Egg!

Edited by Natayah

I'm still breeding. My group for this month seems smaller than last month, but quite a few of them have produced two eggs, so I suspect the number of eggs is similar. Still have a lot of my Z codes to breed, but my scroll is locked and I have to breed those while I can keep the egg if they throw a z code!

Natayah is right! Now is the time to get entered. You have a good chance to win something even if you can't breed hundreds of dragons and every common egg bred helps the ratios and makes blockers less likely to block!!

Glad to see new people!

We're a 3/4 of the way to 10000, lets see if we can make it!

Edited by Jack_Indivisible

;) I think you mean 10,000. That would be amazing!