Jack_Indivisible

The Blocker Breeding Bonanza!

Congrats winners!!

Due to the Siyat dragons having an unusual hatching mechanic and taking up all my egg space, I'll start breeding the 3G Tinsels and Spriter Alts prizes in roughly a day and a half from now. So winners 4 to 8 can expect to receive a PM then. :)

Thank you Jack for hosting this raffle!

edit: Sent out all prizes except for the Tinsel x Black as they gave me the wrong egg, but I'll keep breeding them until blockEdragon gets his!

Edited by Terces

@Jack_Indivisible Thank you for putting this together and for all your hard work counting dragons!

Congrats to all the other winners.

Among us, we bred 15,547 a whole lotta ;) blockers! Wow! 

Edited by purplehaze

Actually around 3700, remember dragons get multiple tickets on average. Still very impressive!

Also, Dracaena ceded her prize to another person, so after drawing another ticket out of the hat alectrona won her prize!

43 minutes ago, Jack_Indivisible said:

Actually around 3700, remember dragons get multiple tickets on average. Still very impressive!

Oops! Of course!

@Jack_Indivisible  - Very Well Done! I will be glad to support future endeavors as well in various ways as well! I was super impressed with that AP! I mean, I get that some people just saw the Breeding Event and doubled down on their normal breeding, and I know that some people just bred and let things go to the AP (along with other things they were breeding, I mean, I sent more than 1 3SS Prize Egg to the AP and some other fun lines) that weren't necessarily part of the group but WOW. I mean, I get that there was a release with variation dragons so lots of people are stocking up from all the various biomes they can, but that AP got super super low on time for a time period. There were a bunch of people just crackin eggs, and sending the hatchlings out as random gifts to help move it along and give back a bit to the Community. All together I'd say it was a blast and no matter how you play, or your goals, it provided entertainment for lots of different types of players and people in lots of different ways!

Cheers to the Winners! Cheers to everyone who took the time to participate, as I know that takes a lot of time. Just know that while people may mumble and grumble about AP moving slowly at times, there were a lot of people who got to both help make people's days, and have their day made by having eggs able to hatch faster and collect more dragons, and those dragons will be KEPT alive and growing on scrolls and helping those others either collect new dragons, grow their scrolls, or whatever goals they may have for the future, or heck, just collecting them for the fun of it and searching for gems. I cannot wait to see what people uncover as they go thru the AP, and since so many are either busy hunting, waiting for eggs to hatch, or hatching eggs for whatever reasons, if your scroll is filled at times - Don't forget you can still breed stuff to the AP! Anytime we can keep that AP below 5 days or so is a win and a lot easier to encourage people to take eggs they may not normally consider because of the faster hatching times. So if you are looking for something to keep your Breading Kneading Going (Spelling on purpose), consider some of your favorite lines, BSAs, Hybrids, Prize Lines, Anything Pretty or Shiny, Dropping CB Eggs to AP you pick up (especially the ones you get in error and want to toss away), or anything else your heart desires! And nothing wrong with keeping those commons coming! Help people start prepping their collections for a future round perhaps?? Everyone wins and it is fun to watch the Community come together, have fun, and have a VERY visible impact!!

Thanks to the host, donors and breeders. If this happens again I’ll try not to stay up to 2 AM breeding and cry a bit less when I don’t win, haha. And I’ll donate some prizes, too. X’D

I only managed to grab a handful of pretty lines from the AP since these confounded take-forever nightmare eggs locked me up (I think this release would’ve dropped AP times like a rock even without us XD), so I’m looking forward to digging for leftovers if there are any when tomorrow rolls in.

Right now I'm gathering statistics to figure what's a blocker, so as soon as that gets done i'll edit the post and start the new round!

44 minutes ago, Jack_Indivisible said:

Right now I'm gathering statistics to figure what's a blocker, so as soon as that gets done i'll edit the post and start the new round!

Sounds great, thanks for letting me know!

Alright, The next raffle is ON! Some interesting new additions this time around. Nicer formatting will come along tomorrow or the day after.

Something interesting, possibly spurious since probability is very weird, but it appears that Gold Dragons are an order of magnitude more common than they were when this was started. Exciting results!

Also, two people have approached me about new prizes, and I might be breeding BSA egg packs for bronze exclusive prizes, and similar stuff.

I'm also looking to perform a bit more statistics on this round, so look forward to that!

Edited by Jack_Indivisible

As one of the players who said they would donate a prize for this round's contest, here's what I'm offering. 

3rd gen Shimmer offspring (GoN x bronze shimmer) from Ancient Bedlam with your choice of stairstep mate or checker mate.

Ancient Bedlam was the prize I won in one of Vhale's mass breed contests.  It seemed proper to offer one of her babies here. :)

Woot! Looking forward to some AP Fun while getting ready for my Holiday Craziness! And onoes another 2G Gold Tinsel Baby to add to your shiny scroll... Spam them babies out to the AP, let people have fun with them no matter how they play, grab some of those Commons to add to your scroll so you can BREED EVEN MORE BABIES - (or regift to others who are in this competition or people who are growing their scrolls) - and onoes someone might win some awesome prizes including a 2G prize and lots of freaking awesome stuff so you have a lot of variety if you don't want a particular prize, you can pursue your favorite, and .... have a lot of fun with this. People are gonna find your babies, especially when we lower that AP time, have a really great time collecting them for dozens of reasons - AND you might have something shiny to add to your scroll as you are also doing your Holiday Prep. And dust off some of your neglected dragons (neglected in breeding in awhile) and toss them in, drop in some Gems, drop in some BSAs to help people to build their BSA armies and/or regift to others that are greatly appreciated.... And just have a good time. And when players find your gems and other stuff that helps with any and all scroll goals, they are going to be happy. You made their day. We might even get some mentions on the "Special Lineages found in the AP" thread. And something you can share as well if you find some little gems. Say thank you, and know what you do - people are gonna appreciate it, and keep that happy feeling with you as you are prepping for the Holidays, gathering different dragons and breeding and hatching to fill your own needs - AND - let the Fun begin!

I will be breeding again, but not sure if I will enter the raffle since I was last month's winner. I definitely will not enter for the egg from Natayah's golden boy!

I'd still be interested in your group, just for statistics purposes! Also yeah, I thought "I should put a blurb saying people can't win 1st place twice" but then it immediately flew out of my head

Edited by Jack_Indivisible

DOH! I didn't even think of the value of collecting statistics since I bred last month. I think I am probably a little too lazy to create a group because.... that is just how I roll with my time, however - if you are breeding and don't necessarily want a prize, that would be super helpful to this event & even the Community so that people who like to crunch numbers can give us ideas of what breeds may be "blocking" on breeding and noticing as that waxes and wanes. So even if you aren't in it for the prize, you might want to consider creating a group of dragons you bred during this month to share with the data collection! So ignore people like me (and I do love lowering that sweet sweet AP time), and since it does benefit the Community in many ways, consider the small sacrifice of time with helping many types of your fellow players!