Little-Star

250 Book Challenge 2018-2019

Book Number: 1

Number Of Pages: 560

Book Title: The Last Mrs Parrish

Author: Liv Constantine

Summary: A woman, described as a "nobody", is trying to insert herself into the lives of the rich and powerful.

Rating: (optional)

Review: (optional)

Book Number: 2

Number Of Pages: 224

Book Title: Astrophysics for People in a Hurry

Author: Neil deGrasse Tyson

Summary: A short introduction to astrophysics, with Neil trying to explain the basics.

Rating: (optional)

Review: (optional)

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 395

Book Title: Eeny Meeny

Author: M. J. Arlidge

Summary: A serial killer kidnaps people two at a time, imprisons them and leaves them with a gun. To get away, one must kill the other.

Rating: (optional)

Review: (optional

I'm trying to finish that 12 tome serie before the end of 2018

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 216

Book Title: Amos Daragon:La tour de El-Bab (english would Amos Daragon: The tower of El-Bab)

Author: Bryan Perro

Summary: in this 5th book Amos and his friends are on their way to go to the tower of El-Bab to try to rescue Amos' mother and other slaves. 

Edited by Little-Star

edit - Little-Star, I just noticed my username's misspelled. It's just tnoelemaK, without the "r" :)

Number Of Pages: 426

Book Title: Pop Goes the Weasel

Summary: Murdered men keep turning up in the red light district, making it look like a reversed Jack the Ripper-situation.

Review: (optional)

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages: 434

Book Title: The Doll's House

Summary: Another serial killer, this one imprisoning woman after woman trying to transform them into someone from his past.

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 440

Book Title: Liar Liar

Summary: A serial arsonist each night set three fires within minutes of each other.

Edited by tnoelemaK

TY! ^^

Book Number: 7

Number Of Pages: 380

Book Title: Little Boy Blue

Summary: Everyone has secret's, the only question is just how far one'll go to keep them. This latest serial killer seem to be targeting the main character, DI Helen.

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 213

Book Title: The Last Stand of the Dragon

Author: N.J. Hanson

Summary: This story takes place in the 9th-10th century and discusses how the last of the dragons survived around humans. The focus is on the last surviving dragon makes her last stand against an encroaching human threat. 

Rating: 3/5 (this would be rated higher if it weren't for the editing errors)

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Book Number: 8

Number Of Pages: 318

Book Title: Gruvdamen

Author: Daniel Svanberg

Summary: When his friend and mentor pass away Jakob start looking into his past, uncovering several dark secret's.

Rating: 2/5

Review: Nothing wrong with the story itself, but the writing is stilted and awkward and takes away from the reading experience.

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 101

Book Title: Running Blind

Summary: Set at the very beginning of DI Helen's career, we get to follow along on one of her very first cases.

Book Number: 10

Number Of Pages: 368

Book Title: Love Me Not

Author: M.J. Arlidge

Summary: One of the more fast paced book in the series, it takes place over a mere 24 hours.

Book Number: 11

Number Of Pages: 368

Book Title: Down to the Woods

Summary: Someone is hunting down and murdering innocent people in the forest, Helen and her team has to figure out the connection before there's another victim.

Book Number: 12

Number Of Pages: 400

Book Title: We Need to Talk About Kevin

Author: Lionel Shryder

Summary: Motherhood did not quite turn out as she expected - who is her son?

Yay half way through my serie

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages:215

Book Title:Amos Daragon: La colère d'Enki (eng would be: Amos Daragon: Enki's wrath)

Author: Bryan Perro

Summary: in this 6th volume, Amos and his friend continue their journey to to El-Bab tower to free his mother and destroy the tower.

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 286

Book Title: Fårbondens dagbok - Ett liv på den engelska landsbygden

Author: James Rebanks

Summary: About the life of a shepherd, working in and around the Lake District.

youre a fast reader tnoelemak!

Book Number: 9

Number Of Pages: 177

Book Title: The Secret of Shadow Ranch

Author: Carolyn Keene

Summary: Nancy Drew and her friends visit Shadow Ranch, which has recently been plagued by accidents and if Nancy can't solve the case, the owners may be forced to sell the ranch.

water_angel - I've had a lot of time on my hands the last couple of weeks so I've been able to get through more books than I normally would ^^

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 381

Book Title: Barnmorskan i East End (Call the Midwife)

Author: Jennifer Worth

Summary: The memoirs of a midwife. We get a glimpse of what life was like in the 1950's East End and Docklands in London.

Number Of Pages: 240 (Audiobook, page count from Amazon)

Book Title: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Author: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Summary: A collection of Sherlock Holmes short stories, including most notably, "A Scandal in Bohemia," the one and only appearance of Irene Adler.

tnoelemaK, I love the show Call the Midwife, have you seen it? I'm curious as to how it compares to the memoirs.

Edited by GhostMouse

Book Number: 15

Number Of Pages: 330

Book Title: Barnmorskan i East End - del 2

Author: Jennifer Worth

Summary: While the first memoir focused more on the midwifery, this one is mainly about the people she got to know during her years in London.

GhostMouse - I do too so when I saw my local library had these books I just had to read them. I think the show's captured the overall feel of the memoirs and not strayed too far away from them. Character wise especially sister Monica Joan is spot on; just as eccentric in the show as she's described in the memoirs. ^^

They're definitely worth a read.

Book Number: 16

Number Of Pages: 247

Book Title: En komikers uppväxt

Author: Jonas Gardell

Summary: The autobiography of a Swedish comedian growing up during the 70s.

Book Number: 17

Number Of Pages: 315

Book Title: Ett ufo gör entré

Summary: This one picks up where the first - En komikers uppväxt - left off. He is slightly older and little by little start to realise that maybe you don't have to bend over backwards to try to fit in, perhaps you could just be yourself.

Edited by tnoelemaK

Book Number: 18

Number Of Pages: 416

Book Title: Skuggbiblioteket

Author: Mikkel Birkegaard

Summary: A fantasy book about the love for books and reading.

Rating: 1/5

Review: I had such high hopes for this, but oh the disappointment. Filled with cliches and crappy writing.

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 291

Book Title: Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar - 1. Kärleken

Summary: A story of what it's like growing up gay in a small town in 1970s Sweden, finally escaping to the big city in the beginning of the 80s and creating a new family among friends.

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 296

Book Title: Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar - 2. Sjukdomen

Summary: Their new found happiness is cut short; the early 80s is when the first cases of HIV is reported in Sweden.

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 291

Book Title: Torka aldrig tårar utan handskar - 3. Döden

Summary: More in depth than the two previous in the trilogy, you get to know more of the characters history.

Book Number: 22

Number Of Pages: 175

Book Title: Jenny

Summary: One evening twenty-five years ago, something awful happened to the main character's friend. He only just now finds out what.

Book Number: 23

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: A Nancy Drew Christmas

Author: Carolyn Keene

Summary: An unfortunate accident during the first day of the ski trip confines Nancy to a wheelchair for the remainder of her stay, but luckily there's always a mystery to keep her busy.

Book Number: 24

Number Of Pages: 224

Book Title: Christmas Cover-Up

Author: Lynette Eason

Summary: Fourteen years ago her then 7 year old sister was kidnapped. She has never stopped looking.

Book Number: 25

Number Of Pages: 384

Book Title: I Invited Her In

Author: Adele Perks

Summary: A long lost friend reaches out and Mel invites her to stay, happy to see her again. But it soon becomes apparent that the friend's reasons for getting in touch aren't quite what they appear.

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 320

Book Title: Jaws

Author: Peter Benchley

Summary: A Great White Shark is terrorizing the waters of a small town.

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 256

Book Title: The Deep

Author: Peter Benchley

Summary: A couple on their honeymoon finds more than they bargained for when diving in Bermuda, looking for wrecks.

Edited by tnoelemaK

Book Number: 28

Number Of Pages: 385

Book Title: The Exorcist

Author: William Peter Blatty

Summary: From being in excellent health, twelve year old Regan's mental and physical health deteriorates rapidly. After several fruitless contacts with doctors Regan's mother finally reaches out to a priest, thinking an exorcism must be their only remaining option.

Book Number: 29

Number Of Pages: 315

Book Title: The Amityville Horror

Author: Jay Anson

Summary: A family has just moved into their new house when strange things start happening.

Book Number: 30

Number Of Pages: 348

Book Title: Karen Memory

Author: Elizabeth Bear

Summary: Karen works at a high end bordello in late 19th century Seattle. Through her eyes we get to know the other girls and their stories.

Book Number: 31

Number Of Pages: 736

Book Title: The Dwarves

Author: Markus Heitz

Summary: An orphaned dwarf grown up amongst "long uns" - aka humans - has to save the world from an all consuming evil.

Rating: 1/5

Review: Standard fantasy book, nothing new or original. The main characters are almost exclusively male. The few female characters are described based on their appearance, as per usual. Only question is why I spent hours of my life finishing this book...

Book Number: 32

Number Of Pages: 128

Book Title: Erik och Sigvard - om ett liv nära jorden och djuren

Author: Stefan Edman, Torsten Axelsson

Summary: About two old farmers and their simple lives in close proximity with nature.

Edited by tnoelemaK

Number Of Pages:362

Book Title: Closer to Home

Author: Mercedes Lackey 

Summary: This is the first novel in Mercedes Lackey's The Herald Spy series. It chronicles the rise of Mags, the first Herald-Spy of Valdemar, along with the adventures of his fiancee, two feuding houses that threaten to tear apart the kingdom of Valdemar, and the magical Companions who keep the land together.

Rating: 4/5