TehUltimateMage

X-DREAMERS [mission 02: the otherworldly bazaar]

~Tara- THE SWORD IS FLOATING.~

Tara was hurt when Kouji didn’t notice her, but she turned around immediately. She noticed the strangest and most frightening thing she had ever seen in her life- there were a sword and an axe, and the two things were FLOATING. She screamed, which without knowing caught Kouji’s attention. Kouji ran over, skidding to a halt when he saw the two weapons floating. “What the-- What is going on here?” The boy’s brow furrowed and he adjusted his bandana, taking out his digivice just in case things hit the fan. Tara glanced over and followed suit, her hand shaking as she whipped out her D-tector. 

She had never seen anything more absurd since she met Kouji in the digital world. Seeing someone take down that many strange creatures with a pole was horrifying enough. She had wanted to run away from the boy who had more guts than her, but instead she followed him around, very curious about him. He had made it clear for a while that he didn’t want her following him around, but had later accepted it when she managed to somehow get him out of a rather dangerous situation involving a Seadramon. But now he was actually starting to like her being around, but Tara hadn’t the foggiest bit as to why he did. Still, she appreciated that he didn’t find her as annoying anymore. Kouji stood in front of her, ready to transform in the event the weapons made any advances at them. Would they? Who knew! Tara had no clue, Kouji hadn’t a bloody idea, so they both kept their guards up. 

Kouji glanced at her. “Hey, it’s fine. Don’t be too afraid, it’ll be okay.” His voice was surprisingly warm and kind, which allowed Tara to ease her mind a little bit. It was good that she had someone to call a friend here, even if he wasn’t totally a friend yet. She needed her brother, her mom, someone who could calm her down the way that her immediate family did. She briefly remembered when she discovered Sakuyamon, when she was on her own and scared, moreso than she had ever been in her life. Sakuyamon gave her that brief strength, although it intimidated her. It still did, she never liked being able to scare people, especially that old lady earlier. She wanted to tell Kouji about that, but she thought about what he would say. Okay, but you still helped that girl out, right? That lady was in the wrong there, not you. Heck, I would’ve done the same thing. Huff. She smiled a little bit at that, knowing that she used her powers to do the right thing for someone else. Perhaps she would do the same for everyone else and make some more friends. This was a goal Tara finally willed herself to make. She knew, with everything she had, that she would do the right thing here if she had to- attacking the floating weapons. 

Tara was still a bit afraid, though. What if a gosh-darn sword came to attack her? Would she be able to defend herself? These were the questions she began to ask to herself. 

Light was snapped back to reality from watching a pink-haired elf wearing armor walking alongside a unicorn when she heard the dragon's voice in her mind. Oh... I ran off without thinking again...Her ears drooping slightly, she turned to face the dragon to answer. It was only polite, after all.

"Yeah," she replied to the first question. "I thought I'd seen a lot of things before, but this marketplace alone has a lot more... Things... Than I ever imagined."

His next sentence hit her like a zap of lightning. Light immediately straightened at his words, nodding quickly. "Yes! Michelle! She levitates stuff and uses lime green psychic power. Boss—I mean, a friend who I call Boss—was trying to ask her out, but about a month or so ago he came back telling us that she had disappeared overnight, and from there weird things started happening all over!" she took a breath and continued. "Not just in Arad either, but also in Empyrean and Pandemonium, but stuff like that is so normal for Pandemonium that I didn't really think anything of it until I tried to visit and found out half of Behemoth got swallowed up in this interdimensional rift, then when we got back to Empyrean—Ah!" Rao zipped in front of her, and Light coughed. "Sorry, I'm rambling." She stood up from the barrel and extended a hand to the bright dragon—Qaksh, didn't Twilight call him?—even though she wasn't sure how he would shake it, being much bigger than she was. "I'm Light."

Qaksh -- Walking down the Black Market

"Don't need to say sorry for rambling, I do that too. I'm Qaksh the first, a Magi dragon from Valkemare."

He understood probably about a third of what she was saying -- instead watching her summon with curiosity -- but he nodded along anyway as if he understood it all and wondered of that was what he sounded like when he rambled on and on during on one of his anxious bouts. His frills perked up with interest during the first bit, and when she was done, he was ready to speak. "Michelle, yes! She was very nice. She was in my world for a bit before she vanished again and I joined the XDRS to help them with their teleportation research (though I wish they picked a Magi that was more competent...). At that time she seemed pretty lost, like she didn't belong at all. From what we discovered during our journey though, is that my world was actually rebuilt from the ashes of a dead multiverse, and heroes from the past from other universes were given a second chance at life if they helped slay the old gods..."

He stopped himself, mortified that he had just implied that Light's friend was already dead and had existed as a ghost and that her world had been destroyed along with literally everything else. "No no, she was alive and well when I met her!" Damage control, damage control! "From what I get from Pascal's ramblings though, my world was an offshoot from the main Valkemare world so there probably does exist another me out there and where everything's, you know, not entirely destroyed by insane deities. I don't like to think too hard about nested universes and alternate timelines. It makes my head hurt."

( Joshua | Sonic | Tails - Buy Ya Goblins Goblin's Shop )

While he didn't know how he got here or why he was here, Tails could tell that the abundance of weaponry and metal meant that he could maybe find some things he could use to fix his plane. Because that was broken. Again. But the floating runed sword in front of the shop he wanted to go to was definitely stopping him from coming any closer. "That... is freaky." He could hear something coming up behind him. "Who's the-" Before he could get another word out, the fox was scooped up and hugged and he almost freaked out 'til he looked over his shoulder and smiled. "Sonic!"

"Heya buddy! Thought I was alone here except for Priss McRuffles, so I'm glad you're here. What the heck's that thing? And... is that a dragon being attacked by an axe?" Sonic looked over to Reshiram and the flying axe, before sighing and looking at Tails. "Guess our work's never done, right? Let's go pal!"

"Right!"

"Oh come on, am I nothing?!" Joshua crossed his arms and huffed, pouting as Sonic and Tails ran off in Reshiram's direction to get a better look at that axe. Well, more like Sonic ran and Tails flew.

[ I have to make sure he's undisturbed. - Goblin's Shop - Illidan ]

Illidan heard Xander ask about how to get Quel'delar to stop pointing at him. "That's easy enough - you fight it. From what I heard from my friend Oblivionix, it's challenging you to a duel. She mentioned something about it picking and testing a potential wielder, so... I'm assuming it'll be yours, should you defeat it in combat."

Illidan glanced over at the mess the axe was causing and drew his Warglaives. "And, most importantly, you have to defeat it alone! Don't worry about the axe; I've got that covered - just focus on Quel'delar!" With that, he joined in fighting the axe, making absolutely certain that it would not disturb Xander's duel with Quel'delar.

[ Another shapeshifter?! - Lost in the Black Market - Ray ]

So many new things to encounter... Ray still worried about Necrozma a little, but the thrill of encountering so many different things eased her somewhat. She lived for exploring, after all. As it stood, however, she couldn't answer the cat-man's question - she wasn't really looking for anything exciting; she was just keeping an eye on Keaton just in case Anders ended up losing him.

Akatsuki, meanwhile, took an interest in the box as well (he is a cat after all), crouching down and pawing at it gently due to the other cats present.

The axe mimic was hit by a glowing green blade, damaging it. It twisted around, allowing Natsuki the opportunity to grab the axe. The axe’s new cargo slowed it, though it could still drag the demihuman somewhat. Something blue flashed by, barely missing, and a gadget hit the axe hard.

It pulled, lashing out at the demon-elf with a slash combined with a bite as a Light attack from the dark Skydancer missed.

The demon-elf the axe had hit yelped, before snarling at the bite. A flash of green bladed weapon, and the axe had pulled back. The Skydancer merchant promptly struck the axe with a blast of light. A blue hedgehog rolled himself into a ball, and slammed into the axe as it reeled.

However, the twin-tailed fox’s attack failed. Instead of the bomb attacking the axe, it blew up in his face.

The axe seized its chance and slashed at the fox and elf. The fox managed to move such that the hit on him wasn't too major, but the elf-demon took a decent gash from the flying axe. A retaliatory slash nicked the axe, and a blue blur missed again. The Skydancer lashed out with a claw of light, but missed. However, his momentum meant the axe’s attack on its merchant promptly missed.

It was vulnerable, struggling to regain control. However, the missed attack had also dislodged the demihuman holding on, and a wild swing grazed them as the axe struggled to recover.

Two attacks hit at once - a pair of green blades nearly damaging the axe’s eye as scores were left across its body, and a body-slam from the blue hedgehog that just didn't do much. A tail attack from the two-tailed fox followed moments later, smacking the axe into the ground. The Skydancer hit the axe with more light magic.

The axe slashed at the elf-demon, leaving another likely-painful gash. The blue hedgehog attacked, again, missing and narrowly avoiding a slash of green warglaives that had also missed the axe.

That was when a bomb - another one of the fox’s bombs - attached itself to the axe. Beep. Beep. And it exploded.

The axe fell to the ground, severely damaged. Kuraihi went to pick it up. The turtle-dragon came out of his shell, hearing the fight end.

-

Unbeknownst to them all, the icy grey dragon had recovered - and was now pursuing the white one. But now the axe was down….

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

Halt - Impulse as an action.

Halt was honestly surprised when he saw the strange humanoid-shaped construct somewhere in the alley, as it was the first visitor for ages for him. Not that he had anything to do with his stuff, he followed silently. As in a construct would believe my job offer, heh... He started to move just behind the construct, taking the closer look at it. Now he realized, he forgot to cover right part of the stall with iron plate, and it didn't look good. Well, one more more thing to fix after I find out what does it offer to me, or anything. I just don't want to be jobless any more. He didn't forget to grab his belongings - they were heavy, though and Halt wasn't sure how much would he be able to drag entirety of his inventory in situation, he had to follow it.

He joked a bit around how did he see the world, but coming from his tongue was nothing but a sarcastic thought. Most of the time was actually looking thoroughly through the papers with job lists, that were expired. Yeah, expired, but nobody made a date of expiration visible, anyway, as date of expiration was mostly fifteen days from giving a offer - an old and unwritten rule between those such as him. One expired just before Halt left his latest job.

Just as Halt was trying to stay a safe distance, he stupidly tripped on the stone while his eyes were trying to grasp most of the visitors' details, lost the balance and almost fell, while trying to desperately regain the balance. He just went before the construct, as Halt would've called the robot, unaware of this fact. Wait, where did the construct go? Just the thought that he could miss a potential client could make someone such as Halt nervous, very nervous. "Ah for Dead Gods' sake, why am I such an idiot?" He angrily cursed himself, most likely because he wasn't taking enough care of the narrow road, his memory was well enough to remember the road. 

Edited by Trebonth

Reshiram was running. The cold grew as Kyurem gave chase. Luckily, Reshiram’s size meant plenty of people were stepping out of the way to avoid being trampled as the dragons ran by, Kyurem slowly forcing Reshiram to loop around. Reshiram dodged away from the stalls - and incidentally, back towards the group they had run from. By now, Kyurem was hot on their heels, barely inches behind. Now they started to recognise the area. The axe was down, and the sword as well - Kyurem racing behind -

- the sound of cracking. Reshiram stole a glance back and growled. The ice on Kyurem’s wings had cracked loose, revealing the grey, unearthly cores that were now twisted to make the spikes face Reshiram. Purple energy was gathering. Reshiram’s heart pulsated, and their turbine tail roared to life. A great flap - and purple rays oh so narrowly missed. Reshiram could feel the .. the absorption, for lack of a better word.

Reshiram wheeled into the air as Kyurem moved forward a bit before coming to a halt. Now, Kyurem pointed their wings skyward. Firing bursts of purple rays at Reshiram. A minute - or two? - later, there was a pealing scream of pain. Reshiram's wing was so, so utterly cold it almost burned. A ray had hit it, and they were losing control fast. Another burst of rays wrapped around them, causing them to struggle and scream more at the intense pain of the cold, the burning cold, and the sucking that drained away their power.

As the purple rays were withdrawn toward Kyurem, Reshiram’s struggles grew weaker and jerkier, pupils constricting to a disturbingly small size. Pain tore through their body, and they could barely hold themself up. A final wave of pain shot through their body, and they jerked before stilling. Their scream cut off in that instant.

A white light surrounded the limp wyvern, shrinking them into a stone with three indentations. The purple rays followed the shrinking. The rays then drew the stone closer to the grey dragon, before melting into it. The stone took on a purple tint as it warped and lengthened, before tearing apart into oh so much pure magic.

The wing-spikes were pointed toward the magic.

They sucked it in.

A ball of fire in the icy “plug” of Kyurem’s tail. Growing bigger and bigger. Fire rose from the earth, fire created a dome. A dome that engulfed the grey dragon.

…..

………..

A roar, a mighty cry.

The fire was torn away, gusts of unnatural wind revealing a dragon.

They are white and pale, pale grey. They have ice on them. They look asymmetrical. A yellow spike atop their head. Their eyes slowly open. Yellow sclerae and white irises. A twisted mockery of Reshiram, oddly fused with the grey dragon in looks. They blinked. Took a breath.

And cables flew out from their shoulders, the once-clear spikes once on Kyurem’s wings going orange with blazing power and become the head of cables of magic. Four cables. Four sockets in the tail. Fire welled forth from the tail, half-turbine and half-fur. Fire coloured part of the feathered wing and furry mane orange, while the icy parts stayed inert. Cold. Ice and flame.

And White Kyurem’s eyes wandered over the group. They shifted their stance, raising their wings to their chest.

I will be free. I will… I will be whole.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

( So that thing was alive? (Gobin's Shop) - Sonic | Tails | Joshua )

"Not bad! You okay, Tails? That thing didn't hurt you, right?" Sonic didn't seem too awfully hurt, but he definitely had a bruised ego now; first he kept missing the axe - which wasn't a hard thing to miss! - and then his own little buddy took the spotlight and took it down before he had a chance to. Not that the latter actually bothered the hedgehog too much. It was nice to see how much stronger Tails was now compared to when they first met.

Tails brushed some black powder from the Chu² Bomb - the bombs he'd used against the axe - that exploded in his face. How it had malfunctioned in the first place was beyond the twin-tailed fox, but at least the second one seemed to take the axe down. "It didn't. Though one of my own bombs tried to take me down. I'll probably be the first young inventor to die of black lung." The black lung thing was a joke, but given how he coughed up more black powder, it almost seemed serious. "Don't worry though, I'm okay."

"That was quite an impressive show, even though you needed help, clearly," Joshua said, hands in his pockets and a grin on his face. "It almost had you both, too. How are you feeling? And shouldn't you say 'thank you' to the people who helped you take it out?"

"Zip it. You didn't even fight, so you got no room to talk."

"Yeah! And besides, we were getting to that!" Tails huffed at Joshua before sticking out his tongue and going over to Illidan, but stopping the moment he noticed something was extremely, extremely wrong. He looked up. He saw Reshiram and Kyurem fuse, he heard the voice in his head. Instinctively, he backed up closer to Sonic.

Both Sonic and Joshua reacted the telepathic voice. Sonic seemed concerned, but ready to fight even if injured, while Joshua just seemed... bored and unfazed. As if this were a joke to him. The hedgehog chuckled and ran his thumb under his nose. "I got the feelin' that this is round two! You in if it is, Josh?"

"You bet."

[ I-- No, we need to get away. - Goblin's Shop - Illidan ]

The adrenaline from their fresh victory had faded all too quickly. Illidan quickly realized that he was bleeding from the fight, mainly on his arms and chest, his green demon blood staining the ground below him. There was a decent bite wound on his hand (damn axe mouth), and even a good nick on his face. His injuries, however, were nothing once he caught up with Xander after noticing the red lightning (it was pretty hard to miss) and saw the state he was in. The king had won against Quel'delar, but...

He hadn't expected such grave wounds. "Holy hell, Xander. I'd expected some kind of difficulty, but nothing like--"

He was cut off by the screams of pain, turning on his hooves in time to see a strange grey dragon fuse itself with Reshiram. The voice in his head did not help his suspicions any - that thing had to be a minion of the Old Gods... and neither he nor Xander were in the condition to fight again. ...well, Illidan himself was, but Elune damn him if Xander died on his watch.

"...we're getting out of here." Illidan managed to find Quel'delar's scabbard, get it around his waist, sheathe the enchanted blade, and then picked Xander up bridal-style, being careful not to move the king's legs too much in case they were broken. "You might want to hang on - could get a bit bumpy."

With that said, Illidan got a running start and soon took to the Black Market's skies, aiming to return to the Green Gate that Ray had pointed out when they'd arrived.

Edited by hikarinomemori

He's really polite... Guess he doesn't know what a handshake is. Why is Pandemonium seems to be the only place where you shake hands? She settled for an awkward bow instead as he introduced himself. "A magi dragon..." Light blinked. Wait, only "a?" "So you're not the magi dragon? Cool. Where I came from, it always seemed like dragons who walked on four limbs and had wings were the only one of their kind. Like the Death Dragon Spirazzi. Or the Energy Dragon Natram." She scanned him, eyes almost owlishly wide. "You don't look like any of the ones I've met, though. You look much nicer and friendlier," Light smiled. 

As the orange dragon Qaksh spoke of the incident where he met Michelle, though, Light's eyes widened, mouth dropped open, and ears pressed flat against her head. "Y-You mean to say....

"No no, she was alive and well when I met her!" his dark eyes widened and a trail of hurried telepathy came through to her. Light blinked slowly, her expression changing slowly as she sorted out all he said. 

"Oh. Okay, I guess that makes sense. I visited an alternate version of one of the worlds I mentioned myself..." Light trailed off, unsure of what to say. Should I assuage him? But I'm pretty creeped out by that too... Uh... "Um.... "An awkward silence descended and Light shifted uncomfortably. Oh right.... Twilight said we were coming here in the first place to get supplies. "Do you... Want to do some shopping now?" Light looked around the intersection, ignoring the people around them on the black cobblestone streets to focus better on the colorful-or-not stalls.  A red draped one selling what looked like fruit caught her eye, ran by a circular critter with gloved arms, red boots, cat ear shaped protrusions, and a mouth so big it seemed to stretch across its entire body.  There was another that just had a range of miscellaneous wares displayed on a brown cloth under a bamboo umbrella, ran by an odd-looking, plump, black-furred critter with horns and a piece of paper stuck to its face with a few rectangles on it. There was also a table with a bunch of crazy and complicated-looking contraptions set up--though in a large glass sphere, there looked to be two ghostly dragon heads spinning in a circle--ran by a happy-looking elegant lady with red tipped hair.

"They're selling fruit over there," she pointed at the red-swathed stall.

[ WHAT HAVE I DONE?! - Above the Marketplace -> Gate - Illidan ]

Illidan effortlessly glided through the skies despite Xander's protests before taking off. He was certain that the king wouldn't want to end up with an unforgiving drop to the market below, so he kept going until the gate was in sight. But then he heard Xander's protests turn to pain as the king's fingertips dug into his skin. Something was clearly wrong and he began to fear what had happened. No, goddess, sweet Elune, please don't be what I think it is...

One glance at Xander confirmed Illidan's fears - the Fel had entered Xander's body and was snaking its way through it, lighting up vibrantly in Illidan's Spectral Sight. Somewhere along the way, the blood from his wounds must have gotten into Xander's bloodstream, and like any demon's blood, that meant only one thing:

He'd corrupted Xander. By complete accident.

Illidan landed in front of the gate and lowered Xander to the ground. He took a few minutes to get his thoughts straight, to find a way to explain it without causing the king to panic.

There was no way.

"As much as I want to, I can't sugarcoat this one, Xander. It's not Quel'delar's doing... It's mine. N...Not on purpose, though, I swear to Elune! Our... Our wounds must have contacted each other, our blood mixed...! Elune damn it all, I should've found a healer first! Long story short, my blood hit yours, and you're corrupted with the Fel now, and it's all my damn fault because I didn't think of the consequences... again."

Illidan paused to catch his breath from his rather panicked explanation of what was happening. "Just... try not to move, all right? I don't know how much of my blood got into you, but... it's going to get very painful."

There was also a muttering of "I'm sorry" under Illidan's breath, but whether Xander heard it or not... he couldn't say. All he knew was that there was a good chance Xander was going to turn into a demon like himself.

And the guilt was eating him alive.

#Aeolus#

The red-clad, mustached man closed his eyes with a smile and nodded, satisfied that he got the cat's attention. He pointed at them, drawing an s-curve in the air to symbolize air or mist. He waved his gloved hands and wiggled his fingers while raising his arms like a magician preparing for a trick, then put his palms together to mimic a pillow on which he put his ear to to pretend to sleep.

He leaned to the side to peer through the crowd where Prince Dreambert and a drowsy Luigi were waiting among those crates, and gestured for Aeolus to follow.

When the pokemon would arrive, the Pi'illo prince would welcome him. "Thank you for coming over, stranger. I am Prince Dreambert, ruler of the Pi'illo kingdom. You carry dream mist, do you not? Will you perchance be willing to part with some? We will compensate you accordingly, of course."

Pascal (and Cid) -- Cid's Workshop

"Well, as long as you keep yourself out of trouble in every world," Cid chastised Sora.

"Hollow Bastion?" he repeated. There was a pause. Pascal made eye contact with the older man, and when he gave her a questioning look she just shrugged with her eyebrows. "I see!" he said after a couple seconds. "I was wonderin' why you looked a tad older. Taller, too! You probably wouldn't be able to tell I'm younger than what you remember, because at my age everyone just looks the same."

Cid clenched his toothpick between his teeth, one corner of his lips curling into a grin. 

"Has Pascal told you about the multiverse yet?" He asked. "That cloud-brain should've explained that there are a lot more worlds out there than you could have ever imagined. It gets more complicated, though! Not all worlds work on the same cadence, so it's real possible that the timelines don't line up. Given the recent instabilities of all these worlds, it becomes easier to exploit this fact."

The mechanic crossed his arms. "In other words, you can time travel using the extended power of the multiverse. You're from my future, Sora."

"Not only that," Pascal picked up, barely giving time for Sora to digest the revelation, "but the multiverse's got a lot of other tricks up its sleeve. Not only can you move along timelines, but you can hop between timelines because the frame holding everything together is so rickety now. A single universe can have an infinite number of shards mirroring it, each reflecting a different alternate reality. That's why it's so hard to pinpoint where exactly everyone comes from, because the right world isn't enough. We need the right time and the right reality, and now everything's sort of--" she wrung her hands together -- "mushed together like this."

"In other words, the cracking multiverse has caused alternate versions of worlds to leak into each other, making it harder to put everything back in its place," Cid translated. "Won't be surprised if you meet another version of yourself here in this marketplace."

Pascal had never experienced that herself, but she was sure that if it were to happen, she'd convince her alternate-reality self to join XDRS as well, so they could get things done twice as fast. (The only downside she could think of was the need to share her snacks.)

While Pascal was weighing the pros and cons of working with a double, Cid continued, "Last time I saw you -- or my timeline's version of you -- we were in Traverse Town and I asked you to deliver somethin' to Merlin. Since then, the instabilities threw my Gummi Ship off course and I eventually got here to the Black Market, making a living dealing in parts and fixin' things again. Pascal and her friends have been keeping me company while I've been doing repairs and upgrades and waiting for the storm between worlds to blow over."

"I hang around here pretty often," the young woman confirmed when she suddenly heard her name, and nodded her head. "Gramps has been pretty helpful with working out all the kinks of all our travel tech! And one day, I want to build something like the Highwind! And we can fly around freely, collecting your keychains!"

The mechanic chuckled. "You're in good hands, Sora. The XDRS -- they're good people."

The man began to gesture with his arms. Aeolus let out a low hiss of confusion. The man turned, before gesturing for Aeolus to follow. He did so, wondering if there would be answers.

Compensation for... his Dream Mist? That had to be an interesting request. Most people didn't go looking for the stuff. Then again, he wasn't at home... home. He quietly summoned some Dream Mist, but held onto it with his psychic power as he looked for the speaker's reaction.

#Aeolus#

Dreambert floats over to the Espeon, his red cape trailing behind him. He circles the ball of mist held together by a mystical blue energy, nodding to himself, while the green-and-overall-clad man yawns and rubs his eyes. "Hm... yes... This should be adequate for our use. Mario, do you have that 1-Up Deluxe I gave you a while back?"

The red-shirt man nodded, reached into the pockets of his overalls and held up a green mushroom-shaped item. "This is an item that can restore someone who's injured or knocked out back to perfect health. Trade? We have a bottle right here." He looks over to the glass bottle sitting on one of the nearby crates.

Aeolus nods. "I think a healing item would be useful." He concentrates, telekinetically depositing the Dream Mist into the bottle and readying to the the mushroom

=====

Aeolus walked away with his purchase, continuing to explore, before he was hit with a Quick Attack. A flash of blue and black zipped past, and Aeolus realised he was missing the mushroom. He began to chase after the thief, who was using Quick Attack to flee. Aeolus tried to grab them with Psychic, but it had no effect. Oh. Oh....

Aeolus tried again, but realised he hadn't missed. The thief was Dark-type. Immune to his attacks... except Yawn. And Yawn he did, using his gift of foresight to predict where the thief would be when he fired. The hit slowed them, revealing a Shiny Umbreon with the 1-Up Deluxe.

A minute oassed. The Umbreon fell asleep. Aeolus recovered the mushroom with his telekinesis, and bit down on the Umbreon's scruff, intending to get them away from the main paths. He saw what looked like a police officer, and approached the half-dragon in looks woman in black. The Umbreon had tried to steal from him....

"What's that you have there?" she asked, eyes narrowed.

"He grabbed a mushroom I was holding...." Aeolus responded.

The woman blinked, and took another look. She growled softly, prodding the unconscious Umbreon. "Well. So this is the Umbreon that's been stealing people's things? We haven't managed to get 'im before now. What'd you do, put him to sleep?"

Aeolus nodded, and the woman snorted.

"I should take this little rat to the jail." She picked up the still-dozing Shiny Umbreon and left.

Aeolus returned to his explorations. At one point, a telepathic voice got his attention.

A layered one. A Kyurem's voice... he knew it from the Dream World. Kyurem were bad news. He'd heard of them freezing people alive and freezing half of an Unova on one occasion, freezing smaller but still significant chunks of the involved Unova more often. This was bad. Very bad. This one had either a Reshiram or Zekrom, meaning thry were a demigod in their own right.

Aeolus bolted, hoping to return to the XDRS base or at least get off the bazaar.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

Philip had gotten some clothes that actually fit him, Ruby generously trading some of her feathers for the clothes. She said she was close to 'molting’ anyway so the feathers were easily removable and having such a very rare ruddy colour made it easier to trade for stuff. “Hey Philip,” Ruby said as they moved along. Philip had changed his shirt into something more appealing. He gave a soft growling sound in response to Ruby. “Do you think we should go find something to eat? I'm getting hungry.”

She didn't want to leave Philip by himself and lose him here in the Black Market forever. Philip gave a small nod as he turned, trying to find a place to eat. He wondered what type of food would be good for Ruby as he moved around. He would still need to get rid of his weapon altogether and never see it ever again. “Oh, I'm an idiot,” Ruby said. “I normally eat animals, moles, small birds, insects, and the like.”

[Bowser VS White Kyurem: Round 1]

Bowser growled when he saw the fusion. His fists balled. This reminded him way too much of that damned Dark Star. The thing had burned his insides while extracting his DNA and then turned into a twisted him. It wasn't right. And now this dragon... thing... was doing something really similar?

This was not on. Bowser narrowed his eyes, raised a fist, and lunged - 

- and was promptly met by a painful blast of dark blue energy. "Ow! Crud...." The force of the attack kmocked Bowser to the ground, stunning him for a few moments. White Kyurem snarled and advanced, but Bowser pushed himself back up. Thank his draconic durability.

So maybe running into this one wasn't his brightest idea. The draconic Koopa huffed. "If you think you're beating me that easy... well, think again, chump!" He took advantage of White Kyurem's advance to bite down on his opponent. Hard. Utterly alien clear blood, shot through with magic, trickled from the wound. The yelp of pain told Bowser he'd cut off the icy attack charging in the thing's mouth. White Kyurem responded with scratching at Bowset, who refused to let go until the colder dragon bit his collar and pulled on it before the Koopa King managed to get free. Bowser retreated hastily as Kyurem's head glowed in a steely way.

Edited by DuskOfTheStars

( Maybe we should stay outta this for now... (White Kyurem: Round 1) - Sonic | Tails | Joshua )

"Tails, c'mon, we should help this guy out!" Sonic shouted, just about ready to bolt off running when Joshua put a hand on his head and stopped him. "What's the big idea?!"

"Look at the size of that thing. The most powerful Noise isn't even that big, and the only reason the biggest is bigger than that is because of me!" Joshua said, brows furrowed and deadly serious. "Clearly the one fighting it is our ally right now, and he was knocked into the ground. It's powerful. I don't know if even I could handle it. That being said..."

Tails looked at Sonic and put a hand on his shoulder, gently pulling the hedgehog backwards and away from the ongoing fight. "Maybe we should back up for now. We'll jump in when it's weaker, 'cause I think Joshua's right.  We won't be much help against it as it is right now."

"Ugh... Fine."

Edited by catstreetCAT

[ Things have gone to hell. - White Kyurem: Round 1 - Noraeash, Oblivionix, Noreillan, Saen'theas, and Nora ]

A whole string of curses in Thalassian was more than enough to bring the five Blood Elves' attention to the strange dragon. "What are you harping on about now, sis-- WHAT THE HELL?!"

"It's not like you to curse, Noreillan. But, at any rate, this thing's a threat..."

"The guy fighting him's getting knocked around pretty badly - is... is it wise to jump in, Ann'da?"

"Wise or not, I saw Lord Illidan flying away with a man in tow - if he feels threatened by it, what chance do we have?"

There was a pause before the paladin spoke. "I will offer our ally healing if he needs it, but otherwise, we will not act until it is weaker. Oblivionix, seek out higher ground from which you can snipe it."

"Sure thing, Nor."

"Noreillan, Saen'theas, prepare your magic. Nora, find a place to hide and observe the situation here - once the beast weakens, find Illidan and brief him on the situation."

"It will be done, Ann'da."

The four went to work while the paladin - Noraeash - slowly approached, just enough to remain out of the dragon's sight. He directed his speech to the other creature, the allied one. "...we may not know each other, but... don't hesitate to ask me to heal you if you need it."

Raine -- Black Market, Green Gate

XDRS. Half of her hoped she could find the organization here, while another part of her dreaded the reunion. 

Raine had been one of the first members the eXra Dimensional Restoration Squad had recruited, back when they were still a handful of people brought together by a series of inter-dimensional accidents. At that time, feelings for her own world tugged back at her. While she served her time as Twilight's diplomat, when Pascal signaled to her that she had found the right world (and the right time, and the right reality) Raine had taken the chance to check on the status of Sylvarant and Tethe'alla. She was worried the delicate dimensional balance between the two might have been in jeopardy due to the instabilities of the multiverse.

She realized too late that Pascal had overshot the timing. Instead of placing her where she thought she left off, it sent her much further back to events she had experienced already. It was difficult to let some of them progress since she had the means to avoid them... but Raine kept her knowledge to herself so that the timeline would resolve itself with minimal changes. She saw the journey to its end.

Once Lloyd Irving reunited the worlds -- her worlds, she had to specify -- Raine had been using her newfound time to do some interdimensional investigation of her own. She was surprised to hear that XDRS was getting famous (even infamous) in certain circles, and that there were other organizations forming, all with slightly differing motives. There would be much to discuss with Twilight once she managed to make it back to their base... provided it hadn't accidentally been burned down by this point.

~

There was something flying towards her when she was pacing through the market. It was big and purple and it held a limp form in black armor in its arms. 

"Xander!" Recognition struck Raine before her mind could properly process what she had seen. She pivoted on her toes and ran after it just as the shadow passed above her, her eyes trained on the receding figure as to not lose it. The black armor, gold trim, and blond hair of the Nohrian were unmistakable even in the darkness. She, however, was not entirely certain if it was Xander or the Xander, but that detail could be sorted out later.

The winged person carrying him began to lose altitude once they approached one of the gates leading out of the market, and Raine acknowledged the possibility of the duo fleeing into another world. They landed, however, and the purple man placed Xander onto the ground with an unexpected gentleness just as Raine wove her way out of the crowd. 

"Xander!" she shouted again.

With her orange robes fluttering behind her, she slowed her pace and fell into a kneeling position beside the king. Their expressions told most of the story -- the demon was looking incredibly distraught, and Xander himself had his brows furrowed more than usual, his eyes clouded with pain and his cravat stained with red from cuts on his face and neck. She didn't want to turn him over to examine his vulnerable backside, but a touch of the damp fabric near his leg confirmed that he was bleeding there as well.

"You're very pale," she said. It was probably very apparent to see. The half-elf held her staff over him and, whispering an incantation under her breath, she gathered the mana to cast a spell. White light engulfed Xander's wounds, starting with the one on the back of his leg before curling up and mending the others. 

Her experience as a healer and a former agent of the XDRS told her that it was unlikely that the Nohrian king would be so severely crippled by a single slash. Poison, then, perhaps? Recalling one of spells from Botlzmann's book -- one she had long since committed to memory -- Raine cast a second spell. A ripple of light passed over Xander as if it were a ripple of water, seeking to cure him of his ailments. 

"...What happened?" she finally asked, looking first to the demon, then to Xander.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

[ ...at least now there's healing. - Gate - Illidan ]

...it was then that it occurred to Illidan that Xander didn't know what the Fel was. Great, now he'd have to explain the details behind one of the most corruptive forces in his entire universe. "...I don't have time for details, so this'll be a little fast. The Fel is basically what flows in the veins of every demonic creature in my universe, myself included and now yourself included as well. It fuels the powers of any demon from my universe, and that would naturally include me as well."

He paused. "It is going to burn for as long as it's working its way through your system, Xander, until it gets used to it - how long it takes tends to vary between people. There's no stopping it, but a bit of healing should lessen the pain..."

Speak of the bloody devil, a healer showed up. She and Xander seemed familiar with each other - he heard the name Raine - and she healed the wounds Xander had sustained. Another good sign was that her healing spells seemed to ease the searing pain caused by the Fel.

But that was only a silver lining to the much, much worse news Illidan had to deliver; the words were going to be hard for Illidan to say, especially to a king. The half-demon sat down, letting Raine do her thing. "I really can't sugarcoat this one, but if you couldn't guess by the Fel snaking its way through your veins... You're, well..." He took a deep breath as he worked up the guts to say it.

"You're turning into a demon, Xander."

??? - Marketplace - White Kyurem

Guttural screams of agony tore through the air and caught her attention. She whirled around, catching the unicorn beside her by surprise. One of her hands was summoning a shield out of shining green energy to existence. A grey monstrosity of a dragon, caked with ice, stood a ways away, looking intently at a feathered white dragon it had (assumingly) trapped, posture betraying its pain.

A surge of purple energy pulsed into the trapped white dragon, and it screamed again as it shrank and became a small white stone, which the grey one absorbed. An inferno surronded the dragon momentarily, clearing to reveal a twisted form similar yet different to the white one. Red cords ignited from its wings, and it raised its head.

I will be free. I will… I will be whole.

There was three voices there. Two of them sounded the same, but their words were so different. One of them echoed the first, the strongest voice, while the other, far more faint, screamed for release, for freedom, with that same intensity as with the initial scream that caught her attention. It was that voice that made her act. I will not stand and watch again!

Passerby were either frozen in shock or running for their lives. She deftly leapt up onto her friend's back.

"Ponbiscuit!" before she even gave the order, her friend leaped and was soaring with spiritual wings above the crowds. "Go help the pedestrians!" Ponbiscuit neighed and flicked her ears, and she pulled her weapon out. As her friend took a sharp dive, she jumped off, charging mana into her sword as an aggressive turtle took a blast from the grey dragon.

"If you think you're beating me that easy... well, think again, chump!" a snarl from the turtle. Unfortunately, she missed her mark of aiming at the grey dragon's back as it stomped towards the turtle, but with a mighty war cry, she slammed her sword down, hard, on the earth beside the grey dragon. The mana in her sword was released, mostly through the earth outward, but partly through her as well, and with well-practiced ease she kicked off from the ground, using her sword as a pivot to smash her shield into the grey dragon.

Edited by Pyrowings
bbbbbbbb

Raine -- Green Gate

Raine narrowed her eyes in scorn at Xander's explanation, but her expression had softened by the time he had finished speaking. A supply run turned sour... It was only a matter of time before an incident would have occurred again, she reminded herself. The healer nodded at his request to heal his companion's sounds as well, and rose to her feet with the help of her staff.

She lifted her chin and looked the winged man (who was part elf, if her mana sense was correct) in the glowing eyes shining through the through the fabric of his blindfold. If Xander trusted him and if he was someone who joined the XDRS while she was gone for stars-know-how-long, there was no reason to not help him. White light enveloped one of Illidan's smaller wounds, a bite mark oozing green blood, and she gauged his reaction to the spell. Seeing that it mended painlessly -- for some worlds had creatures that were injured by healing as if it were fire -- she went on and healed the remaining gashes on his person.

Her expression remained focused and unreadable at the revelation that Xander was to become part demon. She was deep in thought at the weight of the words, but there were too many unknowns, and the demon-winged elf seemed like he had the answers once he calmed down. "If it can't be reversed, what would be the downsides?" she asked him, going straight to the worse case scenario. "In other words, what are demons like in your world?"

Edited by TehUltimateMage