Sextonator

Stay logged in with multiple devices

Yeah, it's strange that it still works for some people... It *used* to work across the board, as far as I know. I definitely used to be able to stay logged in on multiple devices and/or browsers. I wonder what changed.

For everyone's reference: the current behavior allows multiple logins from the same location (i.e. IP address), and the logout button logs you out everywhere.

So if you log in on your phone while on your home wifi, you should stay logged in on your computer.

Unfortunately my phone is not connecting to my wifi to make sure that is how it is working for me, but I'd like to be able to play on my phone while I'm on break at work, or while I'm out and about, and still be able to come back to my pc and be logged in.

But thank you very much for the clarification. :)

I'm confused now.... @TJ09 Do different browsers use different IPs?? Because I *do* get logged out of Chrome if I log in on Firefox, and vice versa. (And yes, I've set both browsers to keep me logged in, at least as far as I can tell in the settings.)

I am not a techie so I don't know what exactly constitutes a new IP address but I just logged in from private browsing on the same phone in the same browser and proceeded to have to log in multiple times when switching between private and public browsing. Same goes for switching between Opera and Chrome on the same phone. So unless those have different IP addresses or TJ is referring to the forums (which is not what this suggestion is about at all) multi-login is definitely not working for me.

I believe you'd have to log out with private browsing anyway? But between Opera and Chrome, that's odd. I used to use chrome for my phone, but it kept closing tabs that I wanted to keep, so I switched to firefox, which is actually what I use on my pc, and it stopped working, and I even synced the two!

It doesn't sound like he's talking about the forums, tho. I have zero log in problems with them.

So my phone and laptop that both connect to the same wifi are different IPs? :blink: Weird. I would have thought they'd be the same

Either way I'd still love a session history/device manager like the /settings/devices page on the forums, if that's even possible to do on the site.

18 hours ago, TJ09 said:

For everyone's reference: the current behavior allows multiple logins from the same location (i.e. IP address), and the logout button logs you out everywhere.

So if you log in on your phone while on your home wifi, you should stay logged in on your computer.

I just tested this with my phone and computer on the same wifi. Logging in on one device logged me out on the other. I use Chrome on both and am logged in to both with the same Gmail account, if any of those things make a difference.

18 hours ago, Sextonator said:

Unfortunately my phone is not connecting to my wifi to make sure that is how it is working for me, but I'd like to be able to play on my phone while I'm on break at work, or while I'm out and about, and still be able to come back to my pc and be logged in.

But thank you very much for the clarification. :)

This is what I would like, too. If I'm at home, where my computer is, I have no reason to use my phone for DC. As it is, I only play on mobile in the case of "emergencies," (like a new release I'm not home for) but don't bother with it the rest of the time. I would probably check in more if I was logged in on both my phone and computer.

10 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

logged in to both with the same Gmail account

Gmail doesn't mind you being logged in from various places. It may check if you are really you when it detects a new device/place with which you log in though.

On Gmail's account page, you can also manage your logged-in devices.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

On 8/5/2018 at 9:32 PM, HeatherMarie said:

I'm confused now.... @TJ09 Do different browsers use different IPs?? Because I *do* get logged out of Chrome if I log in on Firefox, and vice versa. (And yes, I've set both browsers to keep me logged in, at least as far as I can tell in the settings.)

I just checked and it looks like at some point it started treating every login as from a new IP. I'll fix it soon-ish and post here when that happens.

Finally! My phone and browser  are both logged in!

Not me, I'm still logged out of my computer browser when I log in on my phone, and vice versa.

On 8/24/2018 at 2:39 PM, HeatherMarie said:

Not me, I'm still logged out of my computer browser when I log in on my phone, and vice versa.

Yep, this happens to me too. I was out yesterday, and decided to play around with DC on my phone. When I got home, I was logged out of the forums AND my scroll. I had to log in again. That's not really a problem, just a little tiny extra step we have to take. My phone DOES give me the option of "remember me" saving my password/username, but I still have to log in.

Is this fixed for anyone else? I'm able to stay logged in on my phone and laptop now, as well as across different browsers on my laptop. 

*bump*

So, for awhile I was able to stay logged in on my phone and multiple browsers at the same time. Then suddenly a few days ago it changed again. Now every time I go to DC on my phone I have to log in, and it logs me out of DC on my computer browser, etc. I'd assumed TJ had fixed this, but now I don't know what to think?

On 7/11/2018 at 12:35 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

I have never known the game do that and I think it's dangerous; I would want to be able to set it NOT to. Consider Bad People when I forget to log out.... :blink: I think it's a great safety measure that it won't allow that.

I mean.... I can see if someone has an 'evil sibling' that would go on and release their scroll it might be an issue BUT... random hackers targeting my DC scroll? Probably NOT.

Maybe I'm naive but it seems that the only ones at risk from this would be those with someone ELSE in their house who would mess with their scroll.

AT said, for those folks the OPTION to turn such a thing on or off if it existed would be ideal.  AND for those who are concerned about privacy issues and what not.

This was working for a short period, and it was lovely staying logged in on my phone and home computer. Now it has sadly stopped letting me stay logged in. I'd love if there was a 'trusted devices' list so I can have my phone, my work computer, and my home computer logged in just for the convenience of not having to log in all the time.

(And as an aside for the 'safety' arguments; honestly, if someones getting onto my devices I'm going to be more worried about my bank account than my pixel dragons!)