Sextonator

Stay logged in with multiple devices

So I've been switching from mobile to desktop quite often lately, and I'd really like it if we had an option in account settings to stay logged in on multiple devices, since I'm sure this isn't an issue for a lot of people.

I know it used to be like this, but for the past month+ I’ve been able to log in on both mobile and desktop simultaneously. Has it changed again?

I'm not sure? I didn't have problems with the google app, but I switched to Firefox because google kept closing my tabs, and I've been getting logged out when I sign in on the other device.

This would be very convenient!

I hate having to log in each time I switch from mobile to desktop, so this would be very appreciated

1 hour ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I know it used to be like this, but for the past month+ I’ve been able to log in on both mobile and desktop simultaneously. Has it changed again?

It seemed to allow me to be on both for a little while, but now I have to log in every time again.

That's weird; I've NEVER been able to log in on multiple devices simultaneously, so no idea what "changes" are people even speaking about. An actually working multisession system would be nice tbh.

Only a few months ago was I able to be logged in on mobile and desktop but not for quite awhile. I'd love to be able to not have to log in every time I switch devices, personally.

I know it used to be possible because I distinctly remember being logged in on both my mom's smart phone and my computer browser (I remember being surprised I didn't have to log back in when I got back on my computer). Don't know when that changed, but yeah I'd love for it to be an option again.

I've always been able to be for the forums and never for the cave.

6 hours ago, Ribombee said:

It seemed to allow me to be on both for a little while, but now I have to log in every time again.

Same here. I can stay logged onto the forum just fine, but I wish the actual game would go back to having simultaneous logins.

Knowing why it shifts from being able to to not and back again would probably help.  Because sometimes using another device doesn't log me out of the computer and sometimes it does.  😕   

So wait. Are you talking about the game itself or the forum?

If you mean the game itself, then heck yeah, I agree.

Of you mean the forum, then, I've already been able to logged in at multiple places simultaneously.

Is that not a consistent thing across the board?

If not, it should be.

5 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Same here. I can stay logged onto the forum just fine, but I wish the actual game would go back to having simultaneous logins.

I have never known the game do that and I think it's dangerous; I would want to be able to set it NOT to. Consider Bad People when I forget to log out.... :blink: I think it's a great safety measure that it won't allow that.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I have never known the game do that and I think it's dangerous; I would want to be able to set it NOT to. Consider Bad People when I forget to log out.... :blink: I think it's a great safety measure that it won't allow that.

Oh I know all about web safety/compy etiquette/privacy concerns from growing up in the '90s and from working for the county government. I advocate for smart compy use, but for the sake of convenience, I want this back. I only play on my phone and personal computer, which no one else has access to. 

For me, it's common sense to be vigilant of logging out or doing anything on public/shared computers.

Lucky you. Many of us are absent minded :lol:

I just double checked, and I can stay logged in on both my iPhone 6 and HP Envy at the same time without problems. 

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I only use my own personal computer and my mobile to access DC, and no one else has the login to either device. It would be nice to stay logged in from multiple devices, with the default set to log out when accessed from different devices. I mean, in honesty, forgetting to log out from a public/shared device is bad no matter what. You would not log out automatically even as it is set at current until you logged back in from somewhere else. During which time, someone could do whatever they liked to your account. If just safety is the primary reason, then the account should log out automatically after a certain amount of time without any activity.

15 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I just double checked, and I can stay logged in on both my iPhone 6 and HP Envy at the same time without problems. 

What browser were you using? I know google leaves you logged in, Firefox doesn’t... I don’t use Safari so I haven’t tested it.

@Ribombee I feel like getting logged out with inactivity would be great as an optional thing, especially if there are users that often use public computers to access the site, or if we had the option to be logged out from inactivity as we are logging in. 

I would NOT want simple inactivity to log me out; I am permalogged in on my PC and only get logged out when I switch to my tablet when travelling...

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I would NOT want simple inactivity to log me out; I am permalogged in on my PC and only get logged out when I switch to my tablet when travelling...

I think the inactivity suggestion would be for cases where private computers aren’t really an option, and is opposite of the entire purpose of this thread. I mean, I wouldn’t argue against it as an option upon logging in on a public machine, as long as it didn’t affect other machines.

23 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

Have you ever logged in from another device/private browsing? I was able to stay logged in at multiple places for a short while until something got changed back and once I logged in on a private browser to test something it logged off all the other ones.

Joining in to say yes please, switching back and forth is a pain. Maybe add it as an option and add a password protected feature where you can log other devices out just as a security precaution 

On 7/11/2018 at 6:35 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Yeah, a lot of people only play on personal devices though and like people have said, it's a convenience thing. I personally find having to log in and out again SUPER annoying, so at the least think we should have a "keep me logged in" button to click when logging in. So that people like myself could keep myself logged in, but people who use shared computers could choose to log themselves out at the end of the session.

I'm thinking more of devices that are not in your home - even if they are yours. Like if I had my tablet in Starbucks and left it in the table with some so-called friends while I went to the washroom.... I well recall a story here a couple of years ago when some "friend" had released a load of things because he was cross about something. The scroll owner was asking TJ to retrieve them.