HeatherMarie

Change 'unlocking' Trading/Market breeds (or update Encyclopedia faster)

While I don't actually mind the requirement about having to have Encyclopedia stuff unlocked in order to buy the breed in the Market or search for it in the Trading Hub, I don't think it is at ALL fair the way it's currently working, because unlocking that stuff in order to actually use those two features requires the Encyclopedia actually *having* those breeds. Which it does not, for the newest release. It's been 8 days since the Black Truffles and Pyrovars came out, 4 days since TJ's became adults (which means 4 days that we've known the breed name and all of that). While I completely understand that TJ has a life, other responsibilities, etc etc, I don't think it's fair or beneficial to the userbase to require unlocking Encyclopedia entries in order to use two very important features, and then not even *have* those Encyclopedia entries available to unlock. 

This is not saying anything against TJ or his time management or anything, rather I'm saying that it's simply not a good system unless the Encyclopedia is updated right away, which it's not (and hasn't been, mostly, in the past either). It's currently not possible to search the Trading Hub by breed for either of the new releases, nor are either of them showing in the Market at all. That doesn't make sense, since we've been told by TJ himself that in order to see breeds in those places there is an Encyclopedia-unlock requirement, but currently it's simply not possible to meet that requirement since there are no Encyclopedia entries for those breeds. 

I honestly have no suggestions/ideas for changing these 'unlock Market/Trading' requirements, I just think it's not working the way it currently is. Imo it's not in the best interests of the game to require these things to use two important features if the Encyclopedia can't be easily and quickly updated so users are *able* to meet those requirements. If anyone has any specific ideas for how this can be changed, I'd love to hear them!

I can search for truffles and pyrovars in the trading hub perfectly fine.

*puzzled*

They aren't in the market yet - but things that aren't unlocked just show up in there and taunt you by saying "unlock me to buy".

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can search for truffles and pyrovars in the trading hub perfectly fine.

*puzzled*

They aren't in the market yet - but things that aren't unlocked just show up in there and taunt you by saying "unlock me to buy".

In the drop down menu? Because I can search people who want a truffle fine, but it's not in the "have" menu even though I'm sure I've grabbed enough eggs to unlock it twice over.

And if someone wanted, it'd be nice to be able to buy from the market before a rare starts going up in price as people breed or catch more.

3 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

In the drop down menu? Because I can search people who want a truffle fine, but it's not in the "have" menu even though I'm sure I've grabbed enough eggs to unlock it twice over.

And if someone wanted, it'd be nice to be able to buy from the market before a rare starts going up in price as people breed or catch more.

I know I certainly can't find either breed in the drop-down menu of the trading hub, nor in the list of available breeds in the market.

That being said, I agree 100% with making new releases available in the market pretty quickly. 

If I type in the "want" I see a shedload of them on offer - and that's what I want to see.....

Oh wait - they have them and they also want them. GOT you ! Yes - that could use changing.

49 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If I type in the "want" I see a shedload of them on offer - and that's what I want to see.....

Oh wait - they have them and they also want them. GOT you ! Yes - that could use changing.

Yes, exactly. If the 'want' box is actually used as it's supposed to be, ie not using it to describe 'haves', then there is no current way to look for trades containing the new releases. Of course you can hope that people who are offering them will list it in the 'want' box, but that's just a loophole made by not having a 'have' box right now. Using the drop-down menu, the way you *should* be able to search for trades, doesn't work with the new releases because they aren't listed, because they have no Encyclopedia entries to unlock.

Perhaps there should be a "New Release" option on the drop-down menu, allowing you to view the trades for the latest breeds until they have an Encyclopedia page?

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Take this example:

image.png.bd94ea086059774337b3c19134ada8dc.png

There is literally no way to find this trade if you're looking specifically for truffles because we don't have pages to browse, no Have field to describe it with, and no Black Truffle dropdown to bring up all the ones in trade. You can search up any word related to truffles in the Want field but that's not going to bring this up because they're using the field to say what they want, like it's supposed to be used.

I'd say the field needs to be automatically added somehow, maybe when a user's first adults grow up. All new breeds auto-sort already, so they're clearly released with their name in the system.

23 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

I'd say the field needs to be automatically added somehow, maybe when a user's first adults grow up. All new breeds auto-sort already, so they're clearly released with their name in the system.

I support this. Or something like immediately when TJ's grow up. 

How fast did it take the last releases to get added? Anyone know?

Alternatively we could have simply an "Unknown" dropdown, which would let you see any and all eggs not yet unlocked in the encyclopedia including new releases.