Shinsei

A small request on egg descriptions

Maybe this has been suggested before (if so, feel free to move this as a "bump" to that topic) but it would really be great if the BSA Pink egg (uncommon) and the non-BSA Flamingo egg (common) had different verbal descriptions.

My guess is that the identical description ("It's bright. And pink.") was an oversight -- and was not really intended to make it super frustrating when we are trying to find Pink eggs in the Cave.

Changing either description even a little would fix this issue, and would prevent the "stuck again with an unwanted egg for 5 hours" hassle that is currently all too common.

Thanks for all your great work in making DC fun and functional, and thanks for considering!

I think this was actually done on purpose. We have a few eggs that share descriptions. It's been discussed before and usually turned down, but I can't find the threads.

This was done on purpose to add a bit of variety.  It was even more interesting in the pre-biome days since multiple eggs shared "This egg has strange markings on it."

A tip: pink dragons are in all biomes. Flamingos only appear in jungle or coast, so just watch out which biome you see the pink description is in. Currently the only other shared biome+description eggs we have is the horses and frills both in jungle, and sunstone and moonstone in desert.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Pinks are easy just don't pick any up where you can find Flamingos.  It's not going to change, the topic has come up every so often for as long as I've been here.  If changing "This egg has strange markings"  never happened even when there were FOUR of them in the single cave, it's not going to change now.  Just toss it and try again or trade it for the other.  I get a Frill every. single. time I hunt the jungle and only need Horses.  Trading/AP is your friend. 

Most eggs are pretty easy to tell apart despite sharing a description. As already stated, Pinks and Flamingos can be told apart by biomes (Flamingo: Coast only. Pink: All Biomes. If in doubt about a Coast egg, consider it a Flamingo. It's the most likely outcome, considering 'Ingos are cheaper in the shop and thus, most likely, more common. Add to that that 'Ingos only drop in one biome, while Pinks are spread over 6 biomes...)

Same goes for Spitfires (Desert only) and Stripes (Jungle and Forest only), Silver (all biomes) and Soulpeace (breed-only), Deep Sea (Cost only) and Bluna (breed-only), Stones and Geodes (breed-only), Golds (all biomes) and Prizes (not available in the biomes), Zyus and Xenos (one for each biome), Glory Drakes (time of day), Sunrise/Sunsets (depends on when you hatch them). Even most of the "strange markings" eggs aren't problematic: Skywings are in Coast, Ochredrakes in Forest and the other two breeds in Jungle. 

In essence, there are only three sets of "identical" eggs that would need help: Horse/Frill, Sunstone/Moonstone and Blue Dino/Purple Dino. When in doubt, you can always manually type the egg's lineage link into your browser and have a sneak peek at it. ;) 

27 minutes ago, olympe said:

Most eggs are pretty easy to tell apart despite sharing a description. As already stated, Pinks and Flamingos can be told apart by biomes (Flamingo: Coast only. Pink: All Biomes. If in doubt about a Coast egg, consider it a Flamingo. It's the most likely outcome, considering 'Ingos are cheaper in the shop and thus, most likely, more common. Add to that that 'Ingos only drop in one biome, while Pinks are spread over 6 biomes...)

Flamingoes also drop in Jungle. So avoid pink eggs there too :)

I must have missed that...

7 hours ago, olympe said:

When in doubt, you can always manually type the egg's lineage link into your browser and have a sneak peek at it. ;)

This doesn't work anymore, it will give you page not found error until it's been picked up.  Just have to risk it.  Same with Dorsal/Ridgewing lottery.

3 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

This doesn't work anymore, it will give you page not found error until it's been picked up.  Just have to risk it.  Same with Dorsal/Ridgewing lottery.

Are you sure? It still works for me 🤔

It doesn't work for the view page, but afaik it still works for lineage.

The lineage way works, but 'view' never did until the egg was taken.

I just typed in lineage for an egg sitting in the biome and got the error.

Edit: ok did it a second time and it worked.  o.O  weird

Edited by DragonLady86

Did you make sure you did everything right in the code, including a capital I to an l or some such? I know that I messed up one that was a capital 'i' and not an 'l', so maybe check again.

Been there, done that. It used to work with view/code, too - but TJ disabled that a while back.