Ruby Eyes

Black Truffle breeding plans

I really enjoy the contrast between the Truffles and some of the lighter-colored breeds, such as Whites and Celestials. I think I'll attempt to make a checker of both pairings!

Gosh I like these guys. Awesome colors. The xBlack Tea and xWitchlight above look great. I was thinking of crossing them with the most purple blend of Carinas. Then again, I pretty much use anything as an excuse to breed more Carinas...

A4Gljzz.jpg

Their eye color makes them look really nice with just the female Ridgewings, too!

On 7/4/2018 at 9:23 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

and Kingcrowne:

image.png.e5168e8d3d043ae2fc755a4d20ef6a56.png

I love the way this one looks! I'll definitely be making one of these. :)

40 minutes ago, 13310 said:

A4Gljzz.jpg

I don't usually use hybrids in lineages, but this is so pretty!

Right now, I think my favorite pairings are with Black Tea, Omen, and Purple Floret. These guys definitely look nice with purple-y breeds.

Mmmm the black tea pairing was my first thought and dang it looks good.

They're pretty with the Luminas (which don't shed scales when bred)!

1546137791_ScreenShot2018-07-06at4_26_11PM.png.8f4872b6d14bc87328af69567a96774f.png

4 hours ago, Niomedes said:

They're pretty with the Luminas (which don't shed scales when bred)!

1546137791_ScreenShot2018-07-06at4_26_11PM.png.8f4872b6d14bc87328af69567a96774f.png

So sad, it would've been a great addition to that breeding dynamic.

^Welp there goes that theory. (although Mysfytt kind of already debunked it in her official post)

Can someone post checker mock ups on default background with all three Copper colors please? I want to see how that would look like

@13310 Carinas look great with them!

These dragons are amazing and will go with so many things. We have so needed another non-holiday black dragon! I think I will start by pairing it with White, but most of the other lineages I see in this thread look just as good.

15 hours ago, Yhme said:

Can someone post checker mock ups on default background with all three Copper colors please? I want to see how that would look like

Here are the males with them. I will try to do the females soon, but I really need to organise my scroll. XD

Red Copper

QvHjf96.jpg

Green Copper

ukceTHw.jpg

Brown Copper

qwWKqY2.jpg

@Ruby Eyes suggested Shadow Walkers, and they really do look nice with these guys:

Lbn3xc1.png SVN8K4u.png

I also did some Zyu mockups:

i1aNT48.png 

MmzCHuL.png

xVX74u8.png

I also like them with Storms and Tetras:

qMLewGC.png ZGzOnPg.png

ZpOD5fv.png

Edited by hedy

They're awesome with Omens! I'll certainly do that pairing. (By the way, for those Omen-partner-searchers: this looks neat, too: https://dragcave.net/lineage/sroE8 )

Back to Black Truffles: I found them another partner that I thought was so very hard to pair, the Flower-crowned of last Valentine. It's not as thrilling as with Omens, but very decent indeed, I think. More convincing to me (except Black Tip) than anything else I saw so far with the Flower-crowned.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/3ssFG

8 hours ago, Ribombee said:
Spoiler

Here are the males with them. I will try to do the females soon, but I really need to organise my scroll. XD

Red Copper

QvHjf96.jpg

Green Copper

ukceTHw.jpg

Brown Copper

qwWKqY2.jpg

Thank you! :D

Maan I'm usually all for green coppers, but I like brown ones the best with them

Has anyone tried breeding the Black Truffle with a Guardian of Nature yet? If so, what Avatars do they produce?

Bleh, my Guardians only gave me Truffles. On another note, has anyone tried how these fellas look with Leodons?

I really like them with Black Teas and silver Lunars!

Also, the lineage with Carinae is absolutely beautiful.

22 hours ago, Sazandora said:

Bleh, my Guardians only gave me Truffles. On another note, has anyone tried how these fellas look with Leodons?

1497459323_Kpernykp2018-07-0818-28-20.png.dc233a1338afc245ec415392c53c2da7.png

(I also finally remembered to try them together with golden wyverns, because I don't think i've seen that one pop up before)

534452119_Kpernykp2018-07-0818-28-51.png.bde50e03386176f0b3d3cc4cf114f506.png1049206290_Kpernykp2018-07-0818-29-52.png.5c92495dc12dfc09456559f803f2d108.png

those all look very nice! especially with black teas and golden wyverns. what do you guys think of this?

umm.png

I actually really like the look of them with Diamondwings - I wasn't sure but decided to try it anyways and turned out being pleasantly surprised!

gpL0nO8.png

Lots of good ideas in this thread!

I'm liking them with Omens and with male Blusangs a lot.  The female Hellfires work really well, too!  And of course I like them with male Undines, but I like pretty much everything paired with male Undines.  :) 

I lack the sk1llz to create lineage images, but I really wanna know how they'd look with male or female Nhiostrifes, and with male Verdigris Coppers...  Blue and purple Nebulae might be nice, too!  (Maybe as a spiral lineage?!)   Oooh, and what about Mutamores??  And I don't generally like Enraged Aegises, but I could picture them working well as a checker here.

On the lighter side of the spectrum, Tsunamis or female Tan Ridgewings could be really pretty with the blue and purple undertones of the Black Truffles...

So many possibilities, I'm going to have to start test breeding as soon as my scroll gets some free space!  :)

Edited by Aventurine