Shinsei

ANSWERED:Many/most images are broken (see thread)

Just noticed this on the Trading hub: The image for the Cheese Dragon egg is not displaying, and selecting it to "view image" also comes up blank.

You can see an example here (unless the problem has fixed itself before reading this):

https://dragcave.net/view/r7ze3

Hope this helps!

Update about 6 hours later: The problem is now much more widespread, with many more broken images. See below.

Edited by Shinsei

Oh, indeed a "404 Page Not Found" when trying to view the image.

(so not an adblocker effect for a change :lol:)

Are you still not seeing it? I see the Cheese egg just fine.

If you don't have the Adult of a breed unlocked in the Encyclopedia, the shadow image does not appear.

Undead tombstones are also broken (though it may just be some of the biomes and not all)

Yep, lots of images are broken right now. All shadows in the Encyclopedia are broken. Tombstones and some of the Undead sprites seem to be missing from lineages, at least (but view fine on their pages).

edit" specifically the coast tombstone seems to be the most problematic.

edit2" several alts are broken, including shadow walker, omen wyrm, and others. Some are also broken on view pages, but most only on lineage.

Edited by Ashywolf

@Ashywolf do you have any examples of this on your scroll you'd be willing to share, for the broken lineage sprites? I'd like to see the problem, if possible. 

ETA: You can also PM me, if you'd like.

Edited by purpledragonclaw

OH ! My sweetling alts aren't showing at all and yours are:  and here are a few others, including one of the encyclopaedia shadows.

.177963851_altsinlineage.png.5a11713419278e37f01916f11cb2cfdc.png 

271904585_coasttombstone.png.a830af062ef8e60e9c768bac3ec8df85.png       1398585231_cheeseinlineage.png.b6fb912386db4fb68abbcf689442b8c6.png

encyclopedia.png.2decd49567275e588872c6e50c95c2b3.png

Edited by Fuzzbucket

That is strange, I don't see the shadow issue with the encyclopedia, but I'm seeing the broken images on Chrome and Firefox when I'm not logged in and don't have any cached data. I don't see it at all once I log in. I'll make sure to let TJ know, thank you everyone for your help! 

How many breeds have you got shadows of ? I'd have expected you to be all unlocked ;)

Oh my. My grandson has just reported MUCH worse:  he never bothers with unlocking stuff; if it doesn't happen it - doesn't happen. And his main page:

1696196128_mainpage.png.1f53fa209a0c2fe4136cfacb3f5608e8.png

SOMETHING is borked.

JUST saw it with the encyclopedia! That is ugly. :blink: I've got that too.

This is also the case, on my scroll, for all of my eggs and unfrozen hatchies on their view pages. I can see them just fine on my scroll (edit: although I just went to another page of my scroll and all of the images are missing!), but the image links are completely broken on their individual pages. The "trading" page is really messed up, too, for me.

Edited by Ardath Rekha

Most of my scroll is broken images and the entire trade hub is broken images for me

I'm seeing this on multiple other user's scrolls, my scroll the images all seem fine but when I click on certain dragons the image on the view page is broken.

edit: Wait, nope, going to other pages on my scroll I'm seeing a *lot* of missing images, wow!

dafe80c7b25f97c217ea9b2a5594385c.png

Edited by HeatherMarie

All my eggs/hatchies images are showing up fine on my scroll page (cached, perhaps?), however all of my adults the images are broken. Example: https://dragcave.net/lineage/aM4nm

Additionally, none of my badge images are showing up and I get 404 not found errors when I try to view the images directly:

MissingBadges.jpg

Sad to see (not see!) this. I think that this may be a coding error related to the gust of wind eggs that were morphed into the musky eggs. I know that posters on other forums are reporting the same problems. 

Just checking back in, since it just got worse a few minutes ago. Now the Trading page and the Abandoned page have NO sprites of eggs or hatchlings displaying at all. It's all just those blank boxes of no image to display.

On my scroll, all the images for adult dragons have been replaced with text links with their code numbers. Anyway, I hope that someone has alerted TJ to this so that he can track down the problem. Kind of makes me appreciate how awesome DC usually looks!

Ok right now the only image I can see on my scroll are eggs and hatchies.  The badges up top, the adults, and everything in AP is broken links,, in addition to the trading hub, all broken

1 minute ago, Shinsei said:

Just checking back in, since it just got worse a few minutes ago. Now the Trading page and the Abandoned page have NO sprites of eggs or hatchlings displaying at all. It's all just those blank boxes of no image to display.

On my scroll, all the images for adult dragons have been replaced with text links with their code numbers. Anyway, I hope that someone has alerted TJ to this so that he can track down the problem. Kind of makes me appreciate how awesome DC usually looks!

Shinsei, could you change the title of this thread to something indicating many image links are broken? That could alert a moderator, perhaps?