TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

I forgot who it was but thank you to whoever suggested last release to pick up AP eggs so you don't pick up too many of one variety of new egg

Just now, Coheart said:

I usually get one male and one female of each on a new release. Do you guys get more? Is there a high benefit to having more?

I usually lock myself in case they're hard to find later; if I have a few spares now, I don't have to worry about not finding any a month from now if they're leaning on the uncommon to rare side. 

Hi there viewbombers, come out to play? Sorry, it’s a little foggy in here 😕

Show up late to the party, find impossible to catch eggs.  *grabs coffee, buckles down*

5 minutes ago, Daypaw said:

I usually lock myself in case they're hard to find later; if I have a few spares now, I don't have to worry about not finding any a month from now if they're leaning on the uncommon to rare side. 

This, yeah. I still remember the Copper release when it was *impossible* to find them for sooo long after the first few days of the release. Grab as many as possible, if they do turn out to be rare/uncommon you'll be glad you did. (Also, some people like having multiple breeding pairs.)

Managed to get my fill of the new eggs but they sure are flying by.

Thanks, TJ, for the release. I have been expecting it for the last two weekends. Does this mean there will not be a late July release?

Heavy fog moving in as I head to bed.

I hid my important hatchies before I went to church earlier. Good thing I did too

Okay, yunno what, if viewbombers wanna attack why aren't they attacking my ER Prizes I'm trying desperately to hatch right now? Goodness! 

Oh man . . . I usually only get 2 of each, but I had to get two more of the Musky because I was not paying attention and influenced both of them female *facepalm* They are tough to catch!

Thank you TJ and spriters! Can't wait to see what these guys turn out to look like! ^_^

Yo
So there is 13 people in forest camping the 'musky' eggs, and two of tho page viewers are my friend and I.
We suspect that the other viewers are bots, 'cause as soon as it reached a turn over mark for the eggs, there was massive amount of lag and no eggs available, yet the view count does not drop from people leaving since they have there eggs. Its now increased to 18 viewers.
Can someone check the accounts on that page to see if the others are bots? 

When can you catch the muskies? At the last half hour drop I only saw glassy.

Edit: at this last drop I realized that in the time I was hunting glassy all the musky were taken  they go much faster.

Edited by WolvGirl19

@WolvGirl19 the musky eggs are available in all biomes, the glassy are only in the volcano. There are spawns at the top of the hour and then every 5 minutes. The musky eggs go quickly. 

6 minutes ago, Taryn123 said:

Yo
So there is 13 people in forest camping the 'musky' eggs, and two of tho page viewers are my friend and I.
We suspect that the other viewers are bots, 'cause as soon as it reached a turn over mark for the eggs, there was massive amount of lag and no eggs available, yet the view count does not drop from people leaving since they have there eggs. Its now increased to 18 viewers.
Can someone check the accounts on that page to see if the others are bots? 

The number of viewers at the bottom is not real-time, I believe it updates every minute or so. The eggs are going super-fast because it's a new release, that happens with every single new release we have. When more people have their fill it will slow down a bit.

Got my four eggs. They are safe and fogged. I can barely keep my eyes open, I'm so tired. As soon as I'm unlocked, I'll get another set of male and females on this release. This was the best end to my night ever. Thanks again to TJ and the Spriters for the new babies

Night everyone. 

Whining helps!!  Caught 4 of the glassy and 1 musky, just need 3 more muskys, and to decide whether or not to drop a couple eggs that won't hatch for another seven hours.

I know it is almost hopeless at this point but please be rares, please be rares, please be rares, it's been so long since we've gotten actual intentional rares!

Edited by blockEdragon

Alright, hid my eggs JUST so I could come in here and and comment on this... I can't say for sure, but I strongly suspect the viewbombers are using a combination of grabbing from forum users' scroll links and possibly just plain nabbing eggs off of hatcheries, probably via bot/script of some sort.  Why do I say this?  Because I filled up with 8 eggs and have been sitting with them on my scroll, unfogged, for nearly an hour, and not a single one of them received a single view.

On the other hand, the two hatchlings I currently have in just one hatchery both now have over 3k views apiece, which might be partly due to increased traffic to those sites, but I'm not entirely convinced.  Both of the hatchlings have over a full day to go before growing up, too, and their views/unique views are at or surpassing the totals of the adult dragons I have of the same species (and using the same hatchery).  Unfortunately, I can't actually say with 100% certainty that the hatchlings' views aren't just a fluke, however, as I wasn't actually paying attention to their numbers when checking on my scroll periodically to see if my eggs had started accumulating views.  I just noticed it later, thought that huh, that's interesting, and figured this info might be worthwhile.  I wonder if there's any other lurkers who've avoided viewbombing simply by having empty scrolls at the start of release/not posting on the forums?  It would be useful to know to help narrow down the source.

Yay, new babies! Thanks to everyone involved! I'm super looking forward to seeing them hatch~

Got two of the 'glassy', trying desperately to hatch a couple eggs to hunt some 'musky' :D (Edit: Got them!! 🎉)

Sad to hear about the viewbomb issue 😕

Edited by Arkee

ok that was easy, 4 musky on the hour and 4 glassy 5 mins before, did not even have to change browsers :D

I had a feeling the June release might join the July one on the first lol, good I kept my scroll free XD

now to keep them save...

Two Musks and 3 Glassies, Sadly can't get more because I have a few other eggs I don't want to get rid of, hopefully they're not difficult to get in the future.

Got 4 of each!  Wound up dumping a couple eggs, but they weren't ones I was super-attached too, traded for them more to help out someone than cause I wanted them.  New eggies are safely fogged, I'll influence everyone later.  Good luck to everyone still looking!

wooo new eggies :D Grabbed 4 of the pretty blue ones and 2 of the GORGEOUS musky ones. Just need 2 more muskies to be completely happy. As per the common norm for releases now I have influenced and immediately hidden my eggs. So if any viewbombers try anything with me they'll get lost in the pea soup!