TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

This certainly doesn´t make things any easier. :S

With 2sec drops for over 100 people, you´re better off winning the lotery.

dc.png

6 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

Desperation can lead to various acts, nonsensical included.

No passwords and other disturbances I dont' care about 'protecting me' plz, I have enough of trouble having to unhide scroll - add to hatcheries - insta-hide scroll 😕

also viewbombing is CERTAINLY NOT done by our hatcheries alone! Adding to ALL of them doesn't even hatch an ER egg in less than half an hour:/ Viewbombers NEEED to use some different places and means to viewbomb, that's for sure:/

I don't want to pay for a wonky, exploitable mechanic and:/ a bunch of trolls and frustrated peeps 😕 hatching eggs is already tedious to me, without some pointless measures that will surely NOT prevent viewbombing.

Imo, I think viewbombers have a team of other viewbombers they're working with, and all they do is spam the hell out of forums and clicksites all day to kill your dragons because it's "fun". They mostly camp out in forum threads like these with a lot of viewers and posts so they can get more egg deaths within a smaller amount of time.

@Leilanithe glassy and musky eggs are glitched; only one or two drop in their biomes. Originally, the musky was available in all biomes, but it seems like it's only available in the coast right now.

Edit: The musky is also available in the Volcano now, apparently.

Edited by camea42123

Just now, Mightycucumber said:

This certainly doesn´t make things any easier. :S

With 2sec drops for over 100 people, you´re better off winning the lottery.

I got that one glassy that just dropped, sorry guys. xP Going to not hide it and see how many minutes it takes for the viewbomber to come get me. I know you're here, lol.

Just saw two glassy and one musky in the volcano, almost made a hole in my screen by crazy clicking, but had no luck

Maybe everything is fixing itself?

Sinomorphs weren't posted in the release thread for the zyumorphs either, even though they weren't new eggs they were new dragons.

2 minutes ago, CrystalThundercloud said:

Just saw two glassy and one musky in the volcano, almost made a hole in my screen by crazy clicking, but had no luck

Maybe everything is fixing itself?

This must be the "old breeds gradually mixing in" phase... I believe the glitch is about the 3rd egg beign treated as a brand new release,  and the 2 announced new ones are being treated as old breeds. Idk, maybe the 3rd was supposed to be the next release, but TJ wrote the wrong date in the code...?

Edited by VixenDra

1 minute ago, Leilani said:

I feel like I need a clarification, what part of the drops are glitched?

My guess is the gusty eggs having such a wall-like drop is a glitch.

And I also believe strongly that the other two eggs have glitched drop ratios; less than 12 hours and only 1-2 per 5 minute drop? That's not normal. 

3 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

This must be the "old breeds mixing in" phase...

You think the gusty released replaced the musky/glassy release and the original two are counted as regular breeds now? I did just see a Whiptail (IIRC) in Forest, but the muskies and glassies are dropping reliably enough that I think they're still being treated as new breeds.

Edited by cbussiere

1 minute ago, PaintdGryphon said:

I hope we get some extra time out of this, I saw a regular egg in the Coast.

What...already? My windies aren't even halfway out of cooldown yet.

1 hour ago, Coheart said:

Even if they turn out to be extremely common, the thrill of the catch, and puzzling together what's going on, and being here to be part of the conversation and the community is totally worth it. I'm having a blast.

Thiiiiiis, yes! I know some people get frustrated when they can't catch them right away, and especially now with this supposed glitch, but I love being here for the start of new releases to join in all the excitement and chaotic clicking and stuff. That's really my favorite part of most new releases, not the dragons themselves so much as the experience. 

1 minute ago, White Fox said:

Which biome is the musky dropping in?

Musky drops in every biome. Keep an eye out in volcano because that seems to have the highest drop rate.

Edited by Skelokey

No matter how and why people kill eggs via viewbombing, I hope their internet crashes and they can't get access to any website ever again.

I just realized there are three eggs this time and I'm very confused and overwhelmed right now. But also, I'm egglocked, so I'm going to chill for a while. 😂

Just now, cbussiere said:

You think the gusty released replaced the musky/glassy release and the original two are counted as regular breeds now? I did just see a Whiptail (IIRC) in Forest, but the muskies and glassies are dropping reliably enough that I think they're still being treated as new breeds.

Yes, that's what it looks like... The last-but-one-latest releases are often still common drops (the Hogwarts ones are very common,at least were yesterday), they get scarce much later than just within a month, as far as I noticed. Ofc unless they are rares.

1 minute ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thiiiiiis, yes! I know some people get frustrated when they can't catch them right away, and especially now with this supposed glitch, but I love being here for the start of new releases to join in all the excitement and chaotic clicking and stuff. That's really my favorite part of most new releases, not the dragons themselves so much as the experience. 

Yeeessss

you could feel the anticipation qhen the eggs started appearing last night!!! Especially in the volcano area. Every five minutes was a big rush to catch some eggs

Hmm. The last release was much easier to pick up...

27 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that huge viewbombing plague was partly also a protest against some things on DC, or the forum community. Maybe some of theose are people hoping to make TJ finally fix certain things, ability for 3rd parties to kill other people's eggs included?

But honestly, I wish I knew how to viewbomb, there times I'd like to use that on my own stuff, especially the 2d left eggs that don't hatch in half an hour...

I don't think so.  According to the owner of EATW  "Someone did pay quite a decent amount of money for the attacks during the Christmas event, and I am not going to deal with this any longer. (Just for the order of magnitude: Someone had the resources to deploy ~1000-1500 concurrent users/bots for 3 days straight during the attack. That is far beyond just being a little prank, most likely someone used a real botnet for this.)"  So yes, someone was out to do harm, but I doubt it was simply a disgruntled user trying to force change.  

Edited by Imzadi

1 minute ago, Skelokey said:

Musky drops in every biome. Keep an eye out in volcano because that seems to have the highest drop rate.

Alternatively, hunt them elsewhere since Volcano has around 5x more people lurking than the other biomes, since that's the only place glassies are dropping. I just got a musky in Jungle.

14 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

Be patient. Eventually the craze will let up a bit and give users with slower internet a chance to grab the eggs they want. I'm egglocked myself and I have to wait 4 more hours to even have a chance at getting a musky.

I'm egglocked until tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully there will be Muskies to be found by then! 😂

Yet the windies are still blocking the Alpine biome. There is no end to those -_-