TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

Remember to ward your eggs before hiding them, at least that's what I do if they get sick.

1 minute ago, VixenDra said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that huge viewbombing plague was partly also a protest against some things on DC, or the forum community. Maybe some of theose are people hoping to make TJ finally fix certain things, ability for 3rd parties to kill other people's eggs included?

Don't see how that could be an act of protest. It has nothing to do with any DC drama/issues. If they have concerns with the site they want to see fixed, putting others' eggs into hatcheries won't get that message across.

I think disallowing them to kill others' eggs could only be achieved by revamping how eggs grow (from views into something independent like time), or by every hatchery site making your password necessary to add eggs like EATW did with trading.

blargh i see the initial few in volcano try to click they are gone....... 

2 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

I hope the part about other people being able to kill your eggs never comes true, that would be an absolute nightmare. They wouldn't even have to viewbomb your eggs, just kill them.

but it IS true - this is exactly what viewbombing is! some 3rd party people are killing other people's eggs by viewbimbing!

Edited by VixenDra

Just now, cbussiere said:

Don't see how that could be an act of protest. It has nothing to do with any DC drama/issues. If they have concerns with the site they want to see fixed, putting others' eggs into hatcheries won't get that message across.

I think disallowing them to kill others' eggs could only be achieved by revamping how eggs grow (from views into something independent like time), or by every hatchery site making your password necessary to add eggs like EATW did with trading.

People just do it for attention and people just keep adding fuel to their fire to continue doing so. shrugs

Happy Canada Day!

Thank you for new eggs, TJ and spriters! :)

*leaves brownies for everyone*

1 minute ago, PaintdGryphon said:

So the Wind ones are blocking the others? Is that why nothing is in the other Biomes?

As the Wind ones are only dropping in one biome (Alpine), they shouldn't be affecting the Muskies and the Glassies. As HeatherMarie said, it's probably a glitch/bug of some sort. Hopefully, it'll be fixed soon.

9 minutes ago, PaintdGryphon said:

So the Wind ones are blocking the others? Is that why nothing is in the other Biomes?

That's just a guess. Someone made a joke about how the Windy eggs blew the others away, and then people ran with it. 

We don't know if it's that, or if when the wind eggs released, there was a glitch that affected the Glassy and Murky eggs. (I haven't even seen a Murky. 

Edited by Nimras

Well, everything is vanishing in the first two seconds. Only have the weird gusty egg from Alpine. I guess I'll check back in a few hours, pray the drop hasn't ended, and hope the fast clickers are egglocked enough to let me grab a few. I only need one of each since I'm egglocked the rest of the way myself by bred stuff I'm not willing to abandon... :/

Huh. The eggs I just grabbed don't look like the ones in the picture.

Are there more than two new breeds dropping today, or...?

I give up for now. Have to get stuff done.  I can only try later and hope the glitch gets fixed. If indeed it is a glitch...please, please be a glitch

Anyone but me who feels like throwing their computer into the ground each 5 minutes nowadays... xD

Like it aint fair

3 eggs

70-120 people

EVERY 5 MINS!!!

Glassies drop in the volcano on the 5 minute drops.... But barely any. I have fast internet and still can't get one.

im gonna try for a bit longer but im almost done.... i wanted at least one of each.... 

12 minutes ago, Nimras said:

Viewbombers are people who add other people's eggs/scrolls to egg viewing sites -- often several of them, or sites that still give views to fogged eggs -- with the intent of getting too many views on the egg and killing it.

Quick question about that: IS it possible -- in any way -- for fogged eggs to still get views? Or was that part in error? Thanks if anyone can clear this up!

6 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

I hope the part about other people being able to kill your eggs never comes true, that would be an absolute nightmare. They wouldn't even have to viewbomb your eggs, just kill them.

Viewbombing is a way to kill others' eggs, as eggs can die from overviewing sickness. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes to die of sickness, but you'd have to not check on your eggs for probably at least a day. If you have any high-profile eggs like a CB Prize or 2G Thuwed, just keep regular watch on it. Being able to use the Kill action on others' eggs will never be a feature. XD

Edited by cbussiere

Got back home to find a third egg has been released - glad I check in here very regularly!

Edited by quinney

Likely if you're seeing your fogged eggs "go up" in views after fogging it's because those views were gained in the few (mili)seconds between you asking the site to fog the egg and the site "acknowledging," your request. It happens quickly, which is part of why it's so deadly. 

Looking at the Wiki, way back in 2009 there was a release where multiple eggs were shown in the post (cheese, albino, ochredrakes, and common pygmy) but a 'secret' release of the Purple Dino happened then without being announced. So yeah, not completely unheard of, just not 'usual'. 

1 minute ago, Zerhai said:

ugh just want one glassy.... 

Be patient. Eventually the craze will let up a bit and give users with slower internet a chance to grab the eggs they want. I'm egglocked myself and I have to wait 4 more hours to even have a chance at getting a musky.

my god... the amount of viewers has gone up...... ugh i think i will wait an hour or so and come back and hope i can grab one and be glad for my one musty and 2 windys

2 minutes ago, cbussiere said:

Desperation can lead to various acts, nonsensical included.

No passwords and other disturbances I dont' care about 'protecting me' plz, I have enough of trouble having to unhide scroll - add to hatcheries - insta-hide scroll 😕

also viewbombing is CERTAINLY NOT done by our hatcheries alone! Adding to ALL of them doesn't even hatch an ER egg in less than half an hour:/ Viewbombers NEEED to use some different places and means to viewbomb, that's for sure:/

I don't want to pay for a wonky, exploitable mechanic and:/ a bunch of trolls and frustrated peeps 😕 hatching eggs is already tedious to me, without some pointless measures that will surely NOT prevent viewbombing.

I've only been able to get windy ones :/

wonder what's going on, hope they fix it soon