TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

This wouldn't be the first time a drop was messed up pretty badly - sometimes TJ seems to add a "second," drop though if things are particularly bad, so I'm really hoping for that this time too!

Geez, I get my new release eggs and go to bed. Then I wake up to find a new egg has dropped! I jettisoned 2 glassy eggs and picked up 2 gusty eggs. now I have 4 glassy, 2 musty and 2 gusty.Hopefully there are no new eggs...

The "Windy" eggs confused me so badly. I grabbed 3 just in case...but still... :/

Just now, Stellalunastorm said:

Question: What are view bombers? I came back a few weeks ago(last time being in wad 2009)

Viewbombers are people who add other people's eggs/scrolls to egg viewing sites -- often several of them, or sites that still give views to fogged eggs -- with the intent of getting too many views on the egg and killing it.

2 minutes ago, Stellalunastorm said:

Question: What are view bombers? I came back a few weeks ago(last time being in wad 2009)

People with no life who add your eggs and hatchies to click sites without your permission so they eventually get so many views they get sick, then die. Fog your eggs if you don't want to be viewbombed, by the way.

Edit: Sniped

Edited by camea42123

Has there ever been an instance of eggs or dragons being taken off a scroll once they are on it?

3 minutes ago, Stellalunastorm said:

People that spam your eggs with views in order to make them sick/die - for example, my new eggs went from two views to over 300 in just a few minutes.

Edited by dark_sama

they are people who add your name to click sites to get high views on your eggs without you knowing. the eggs get sick and die before you get a chance to put them into a click site yourself. It happened to me before,and it is not funny

Haven't caught up on all the posts since I went to bed, but goodness this is nuts! A new secret breed released that screwed with the other new releases drops? Very interesting! Well, I panicked when I saw posts about the wind one, quickly gifted one of my glassys, now I have 1 wind egg. So I guess I'm okay now, no matter what happens with the drops I have some of each.

Just now, Coheart said:

Has there ever been an instance of eggs or dragons being taken off a scroll once they are on it?

Occasionally if there were glitches, they'd disappear from scrolls (like holidays bred out of season or avatar offspring that got messed up).  But nothing relating to a release. 

1 minute ago, Coheart said:

Not exactly, but I suppose the glitched alt Sweetlings, original Frills, and original Bright Pinks (now Arias) might be a similar situation. However, users with the original Frills and Bright Pinks got to keep their dragons, and the glitched Sweetlings (I think) were just changed to their regular sprites.

I'm really excited to see what the Wind Gust egg turns out like!  The air element and the colour blue are both my favourites, so I'm hoping for some pretties ❤️

Meanwhile... still not caught a glimpse of the Musty eggs, I've resigned to offering some shinies for them in trades.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that huge viewbombing plague was partly also a protest against some things on DC, or the forum community. Maybe some of theose are people hoping to make TJ finally fix certain things, ability for 3rd parties to kill other people's eggs included?

But honestly, I wish I knew how to viewbomb, there times I'd like to use that on my own stuff, especially the 2d left eggs that don't hatch in half an hour...

2 minutes ago, VectorTDI said:

yes

Thanks!  I unhid my eggs then went to hide my scroll and they got views in the 30 seconds in between!

1 minute ago, VixenDra said:

But honestly, I wish I knew how to viewbomb, there times I'd like to use that on my own stuff, especially the 2d left eggs that don't hatch in half an hour...

Add those slow to hatch eggos to every hatchery possible, I guess, lol!

VixenDra if your egg is under 4 days you can use AoND AR in addition to ER's for it to autorefresh them

To anyone talking about the fact that this 3rd egg isn't in TJ's announcement post.... That *has* happened before. Off the top of my head I can't remember which breeds it was, but there *have* been 'secret' breeds released during a new release, so it's not totally unheard of. The wind ones blocking the others from dropping is probably some glitch, but the fact that the wind ones aren't in TJ's post doesn't mean they weren't planned for release.

2 minutes ago, Brekke said:

Thanks!  I unhid my eggs then went to hide my scroll and they got views in the 30 seconds in between!

If they were already added, they are gaining views when your scoll is hidden after they gotare added. I have a hidden scroll because I despise of that old, shameful scrollname of mine, but I hatch my eggs by unhiding it for a moment, adding eggs to hatcheries, and hiding scroll again. They hatch with scroll hidden. So you proabbly still have to hide those eggs you had before hiding your scroll.

Edited by VixenDra

2 minutes ago, VixenDra said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that huge viewbombing plague was partly also a protest against some things on DC, or the forum community. Maybe some of theose are people hoping to make TJ finally fix certain things, ability for 3rd parties to kill other people's eggs included?

I hope the part about other people being able to kill your eggs never comes true, that would be an absolute nightmare. They wouldn't even have to viewbomb your eggs, just kill them.