TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

1 minute ago, Syleye said:

I wonder if the Windies were suppose to be released

Good question...in the first post, TJ only referred to two new releases dropping in the biomes. No one knew that the windies would start dropping later on, so is it a surprise or an accident?

Humph. Just summoned a GoN. Got locked by the eggs. Must wait 15 hours after catching another egg. Awful long. Shouldn't have used up all my Reds... I wonder when the flood ends?

Well I am flummoxed.    Came on line to see a new release, went right to the Cave and caught 4 new Windy eggs.  Haven't seen ANY eggs in any of the other biomes....???

Just now, Waveclaw said:

Humph. Just summoned a GoN. Got locked by the eggs. Must wait 15 hours after catching another egg. Awful long. Shouldn't have used up all my Reds... I wonder when the flood ends?

It'll probably last at least 2 or 3 days. After that, they'll still be fairly common, but other eggs will probably start appearing as well. Considering the bug with the other two eggs though, I don't know at this point :)

I've been on for a while now and few hours ago, the Volcano biome was full of glassy eggs and you could even find the musky eggs in all biomes (though compared to volcano they were more empty) and I didn't see any windy eggs (maybe one for a flash?). Also I started to see non new eggs drop as well. I'm not sure if this info helps but either way this is quite a surprise.

I forgot to check for new release last night.  I've been doing home renovation, so I was pooped last night and just rolled into bed.  

I got two of the gusty eggs, then was confused when I saw no mention of them in the official post.  Would be nice to be able to grab some of the other two.  I've only seen exactly one glassy egg per 5-minute drop, and of course can't get it.

Just now, Pinch of StarDust said:

Well I am flummoxed.    Came on line to see a new release, went right to the Cave and caught 4 new Windy eggs.  Haven't seen ANY eggs in any of the other biomes....???

It is believed it is a glitch, as the windy eggs were released at 9 AM DC time, unlike the two in the first post.

Just a note, if I manage to get extras of the new releases, I'd be happy to gift them to people in need. As of now, I have 2 spare gusties/windies that I'd be willing to give in about 5 hours (they're on cooldown)

6 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

With new releases, the new eggs are the only eggs that drop in their respective biomes. Usually, there's a whole flood of them, like what you can see in the Alpine biome right now with the windy egg. These eggs get snatched up fast, though, so the biomes are refreshed with a new batch of eggs every 5 minutes. Currently, the musky and glassy egg biomes are bugged so barely any drop in there.

Yes. Unless it's not the time for them to drop. (Remember Firegems, Lunar Heralds, Day/Night Glories...) Which hints at a time-based release. However, TJ not having all three eggs is unexpected and out of the ordinary. He's probably laughing his head off right now because we users are so flummoxed.

Just now, Reshiram5875 said:

There are still windies, but how?

Because the windies have been the only egg dropping for quite a while, most users have probably gotten their share of windies, so now they're clogging up the Alpine.

I hope these don't end up insanely common in a few days and make me regret stalking the biomes for hours. The musky eggs were giving me hope for a new rare before they vanished.

Why my new release eggs have already so many views? I didn't add them in any forum...

Just now, rubina96 said:

Why my new release eggs have already so many views? I didn't add them in any forum...

See recommended post above. View bombing at its worst. Again.

Just now, rubina96 said:

Veiwbombers might have added your eggs, might want to fog them.

Just now, rubina96 said:

The viewbombers are out in force and have been since the start of the release.  You'll want to hide them.

Even if they turn out to be extremely common, the thrill of the catch, and puzzling together what's going on, and being here to be part of the conversation and the community is totally worth it. I'm having a blast.

Well guess what? I am being viewbombed, and of course I did not add my eggs anywhere. Get a life, whoever you are.

well that sucks. haven't had egg problems for a year, about the time I spent away from the forums. Make 1 post and my eggs now have to hide due to massive views :(

4 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Even if they turn out to be extremely common, the thrill of the catch, and puzzling together what's going on, and being here to be part of the conversation and the community is totally worth it. I'm having a blast.

Totally. I could easily just leave and come every few hours until the glassies & muskies come back enough to be caught, but I am very intrigued by this odd situation!

Edit: And I just saw two glassies! That's one more than the previous 0:05s. xD Looked like there was a Leodon in there too.

Edited by cbussiere

1 minute ago, Naughtrish said:

Well guess what? I am being viewbombed, and of course I did not add my eggs anywhere. Get a life, whoever you are.

Yeah.  Pretty much everyone is getting viewbombed.  We have to hide our eggs as soon as we get them.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I saw a gryffindor egg in volcano the split second there were eggs... the bug intensifies...

What an exciting new release lol. Have a few windy ones, and here’s hoping the others decide to make a reappearance. 

I always hide my eggs after I get them. I got viewbombed once and lost a precious egg I wanted so I always fog just in case. Now with news that it's gotten worse I'm not taking any chances whatsoever.

I got two of the Windy eggs and 3 of the other ones so I'm happily egg locked.