TJ09

2018-07-01 - July Dragon Release

The.... the Black Truffle..... It's..... so beautiful..... I..... 

*New favorite dragon intensifying* 

Wow those glassies are ugly. And Pyrovar sounds like some machinery for brewing a hot beverage. I kinda knew I wouldn't like it (because of color scheme I'm not necessarily fond of), but their anatomy seems way off. This presumably was a good idea and not very good execution. But I see they have some amateurs here, so good for them. 

I'm positively surprised by mustys (Truffle, who would have thought), their hatchlings were bulky and a bit plain, adults however look pretty good. And the subtle rainbow is back! 

Anyway, if Truffles will be as common as they were in this past couple of days, I could fairly easily catch some for you. I was afraid that they would be so hard to get, but they're really aren't that much. 

Is this sentence missing a word?

"...leading the dragons to be hunted near the point of . "

...the point of extinction?

Adults!

So pretty!

But are the Black Truffles missing a word in their description? I think the line should read 'leading the dragons to be hunted near the point of extinction'.

Wow, the adults are gorgeous. I think I like the Truffles a hair better, but they are both great additions to the cave.

That Black Truffle is so pretty...*fangirls over a pixilated dragon* It kind of reminds me of the Black Alt for some reason. The Pyrovar looks nice too, but I definitely prefer the Black Truffle. Great release! (and the fact that we were scrambling around like chickens during the glitch was fun too)

The colors on the Pyrovar are so striking, so pretty! I can't wait to grab a few in the AP when player start breeding them 😻

The description on the Truffle is so interesting?? Poor things I wanna save them all

4 minutes ago, Ratiasu said:

The description on the Truffle is so interesting?? Poor things I wanna save them all

Same! I'm probably going to hoard them. ❤️

I quite like the concept of the Black Truffles! Musky and oily, who would have suspected perfume. They fit well thematically with Black Teas. ^^ Noble-looking face too. I do wish the oily sheen would be a bit more pronounced, it could be a really impressive effect. Still gives them an interesting look. Shows up in lineage view fine, I wonder if pairing them with more colorful breeds will emphasize it.

Is it just me or are the Pyrovars' hind legs a bit funky? Looks like the feet are turned slightly inward as though they had the anatomy of frogs' legs, as opposed to the intended pouncing cat posture. I really like the pose aside from that though - very fierce.

Speaking of the missing "extinction"-  the Pyrovar description also says the eggs are "warmed by geothermal." Shouldn't that be "geothermal energy" or "geothermal activity"? Geothermal isn't a noun. :huh:

I also wonder how accurate that statement of rarity for the Truffles is. If I recall correctly, we have plenty of dragons with histories of human hunting who aren't necessarily hard to catch.

Now to eagerly await the gusties' return...!

Edited by cbussiere

Black Truffle is looking good, but I don't know what's hapenning with Pyrovar's legs. I liked hatchies more than adult, to be honest. Also name Pyrovar reminds me some kind of brewing/cooking machine, so kinda funny. I think they will make a good match for brimestones :D

That oily rainbow hide of Black Truffles is amazing.

I love the adults! :D The Black Truffles look very majestic. Pyrovars are cute and the colours are pretty. Thanks TJ and spriters for these new beauties! 

Ooh, adults! I'm definitely a fan of the Black Truffles already. The elegant pose and hint of rainbow shine is just so pretty. The Pyrovars are alright too. I'm not really a fan of the bright contrasting colors and rounded spines (is there a better word?), but I can tell that a lot of work was put into them nonetheless. Something about the pose seems odd though. 

Thank you TJ, Mysfytt, and JOTB for the release!

Edited by The Dragoness

"Black Truffle dragons are one of the rarest breeds—though this was not always the case. Once, these dragons were quite prolific, but their musky-smelling secretions were found to be useful in the making of perfumes and scented oils, leading the dragons to be hunted near the point of . Now, these dragons live far away from humans and will only share their oil with those they deem worthy of this gift, those possessing a pure heart and selfless spirit."       I think there's a word missing here ^ Oops lol

Wow. Nice work with the Black Truffle Dragons!  I love them!  And their description? Awesome!  It's almost like an environmental message!

The Pyrovars are interesting, too.  I love the mental image of them running around a geyser like a dog with a sprinkler.  Well done!

Not a fan of either, unfortunately. These guys almost seem not ready for release yet, with all the typos and such in the descriptions. Guess I'll get my scroll goals and let these guys be. Unless lineage inspiration hits.

Okay guys, I think they get the point regarding descriptions...

But I kind of am craving some mushrooms now. There is this one brand who has a truffle mac and cheese...it has a strong smell, a kind of odd flavor...but is SOOO good. 

10 minutes ago, Carmelita Fox said:

Not a fan of either, unfortunately. These guys almost seem not ready for release yet, with all the typos and such in the descriptions.

You know, I think that's what's bothering me about the sprites as well. They look somehow un-polished, like the sprites aren't bad, but there's a bunch of minor adjustments that could still be made. I hope they'll grow on me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Black Truffles are lovely, I like how their scales look slightly iridescent. The missing word in their description is the only thing that bothers  .

I like the Pyrovar's name and concept, but the actual sprite is underwhelming to me. I don't dislike them or anything, they just don't appeal very much to me personally.

Black Truffle ones will look good with Alt Blacks ~ well the lineages for the very few DC individuals that actually have CB Alts :L

8 hours ago, Rememberdrgns said:

I noticed rainbow-coloured stripes on the muskies, maybe they’ll have a little of those colour swirls on oil when they grow up?

I was right!

3 minutes ago, Luxrayx said:

You know, I think that's what's bothering me about the sprites as well. They look somehow un-polished, like the sprites aren't bad, but there's a bunch of minor adjustments that could still be made. I hope they'll grow on me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup, I feel the same. Wouldn't mind seeing revisions on these guys, as the general feedback has been less than stellar.

1 minute ago, FoxintheBox said:

Black Truffle ones will look good with Alt Blacks ~ well the lineages for the very few DC individuals that actually have CB Alts :L

And then it'll take three years to make your simple 3G checker. :lol:

5 minutes ago, FoxintheBox said:

Make a 13th gen and nobody will see the caveborns :lol:

Do not like these guys, personally. Not the best quality dragons released this year and I haven’t looked at the descriptions for either. I’ve never been a fan of the dragons created by some spriters and again these are the same. Guess I will be happy with trading off the extra Black Truffles I caught then!