AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

Jach's room was in darkness but he didn't need very much light to see. He too got ready for bed, yanking the covers from the top part and crawled into the large bed made to hold him, his wings, and his tails so it had to be very large. He left the covers off of himself, instead, looking over at the empty and still made side of his bed. A tail plucked his discarded shirt from the floor and brought it to his face were her scent was still upon it. With a deep happy purr he pressed his face into the cloth, falling asleep and - for the first time in days- actually stayed asleep.

The two days went passed in a blur, finalizing everything with the wedding ceremony. It seemed like no time at all it was Sunday morning, Abigail brought a tray of breakfast into Samantha's room while the seamstress came in with the finished dress hanging it in the corner. The wedding would be held at two, and a group of maids were going to prim, polish and wash Sam head to foot today. "Master is getting the same treatment today so no complaints!" She said yanking open the curtains at eight thirty to wake up Sam. "Breakfast first then a nice hot bath with Jasmine and Lilly oil with lemon and lavender hair soap. When we're through with you, you'll be glowing like an Angel of heaven!" 

Sam groaned a bit when the sunlight hit her eyes two days later on the day of the wedding and blinked blearily at Abigail and the seamstresses. She sat up and stretched while listening to everything the young maid said and nodded but wasn’t awake enough to answer her just yet. “Sounds like a very busy morning,” she said after yawning and when she felt she could say something before getting her journal out of her bedside table and writing a few more questions down in it.

She then closed it before setting it aside again and had her attention be on Abigail again. “Where’s this breakfast you mentioned?” she asked with a small smile that still made her look a bit tired but she thought that the bath she’d get soon would help with that along with eating something.

Edited by SkySong278

"It will be busy, after all it's your wedding day-" a shout happened outside. "Damn it Zeroth that hurts! Can I at least get a nap in before you start poking me?!" Abigail giggled. "Master usually isn't cooperative in the morning and he had to start at three this morning to polish his scales and clip his claws he's too tense so he's doing acupuncture to get relaxed... " "Stop it!" Came Jach again. "It doesn't seem to be working though. "

Abigail set the tray of food on a desk and removed the cover. It was a crape with peach filling, strawberries to the side, a mug of tea that'll help her wake up and a beautiful blue hand knitted wedding garter  tucked in a corner with a folded note that read 'something blue'. Inside the note said. Your wedding dress is new, May has jewelry you can barrow and my ring for you is very old. All that was missing was something blue. I made it myself, and I blame May for insisting that you have one, although I have no idea what the purpose is. I will not see you until the wedding today but feel free to pass me notes. It would lift my spirits. I'm already very nervous. I hope you like my pre-wedding gift. 

p.s. I'm told it it to hold up your stockings, but your dress design has none. Don't worry, I made one for myself to hold up my left sock so you don't feel left out!

knitting-wedding-garter-front-view.jpg

((very pretty :)))

“That it is,” Sam said in reply to the trailed off short statement before hearing the shouting coming from outside. She giggled as well before nodding in reply and understanding to what it was about. “I guess I should consider myself lucky being able to be woken up at 8:30 instead of 3 then because I don’t think you would’ve gotten much cooperation from me either.”

She started to eat her crepe after the tray was placed on a desk near her bed and also after she had gotten up to go to it. She also enjoyed the tea before seeing the note there. She opened it and read it before smiling at its contents before taking a piece of paper out of a notebook she had in one of the drawers and writing her own note before giving it to a maid so that she could deliver it to him. It was titled ‘Thank you and relax’ and read: Thank you for the garter. It’s very beautiful. Please also try to relax dear. Zeroth’s just doing his job. Plus the sooner it’s over, the sooner you get a nice bath, and then you’ll see me at the ceremony afterward.

After she finished eating her crepe and drinking her tea she had her attention go to Abigail again and she asked with a smile, “Lead me to the bath?” She was woken up a bit more now and was looking forward to what the bath would entail as well as the other notes that she would receive from him during the day before the wedding.

Edited by SkySong278

Abigail  smiled and lead her to the private bathroom with the hot bath. She helped her in and started to scrub her skin gently as another washed her feet and a third maid washed her hair.  After a good ten minute bath she was helped out, dried and sat into a chair getting a manicure and pedicure with while her hair was dried and put into curls. 

The maid she sent came back with another note from Jach. Seeing the mistress' hands full she read it to her. " Yes, a second bath and a long massage. I can't wait to see you. You'll look lovely. I hope you're enjoying your pampering. After today, you'll receive many pampering days whenever you want. "

Sam smiled back at her before being put into the tub for her, her feet, and hair to be washed which she enjoyed a bit before being led out to be dried off. When she was set down in a chair, she got comfortable before her finger and toe nails were given a manicure and pedicure and then her hair was dried and given curls.

As all this was happening, she listened to what the maid read of Jach’s return note and smiled even more before looking a bit curious. “Why does he need a second bath?” she asked with the curious expression on her face.

"He had one this morning very early. His scales get dry and his wings need to be oiled and cleaned regularly. His nails needed to soak for filing. His human shape is like a second skin... it needs to be cleaned again. That's why he was woken up early so he looked good on your wedding night too." Abigail grinned. "Is there anything you want to send to him?" She asked blowing on the clear pollish on her nails.

“Oh okay and that’s a lot of work to keep him clean but I guess it’s necessary,” Sam said in reply to most of Abigail’s statements before blushing a bit when she heard the very last one regarding later in the evening. “I’ll wait until my fingers dry first before I write my reply. I also need to think of what to write as my response,” she said in reply to the question. “What time is it?”

Edited by SkySong278

Abigail looked at the clock. "9:25. Your nails should be dry in ten minutes for both hands. Would that be long enough time to think of a response? After this, you'll have a good hour long massage and then we'll take your hair out, style it and you can snack for lunch, then we'll put on some makeup the dress and you'll pick the jewelry then we'll head for the chapel. It takes a hour and a half to get there so we'll be there just in time. Oh, have you chosen a wedding band for the master yet?" She asked flipping open a fan to make the nails dry faster.

“Okay and yes that should be plenty of time. I just don’t want to smear the polish if I was to write out a response now and I’m not absolutely certain what I’d like the note to say or else I’d tell you what I’d like my next note to say so that one of you can write it for me. A massage sounds nice and I can’t wait to see what my hair will look like after it’s been styled. Alright and no I haven’t yet. I guess I’ve been too busy with making sure that everything else was in order that I forgot about the wedding band,” Sam said in reply as she watched Abigail try to dry her nails faster with a hand fan.

Edited by SkySong278

"It is quite alright. Zeroth, May, both Carlos' and I have chosen rings we think master would like and you can pick from the four. Your hair is so fun to work with. I've never really seen a color like it. Is it natural?" Abigail grinned checking the polish before moving to dry the other hand faster as polish was applied to her toes after her legs and feet were rubbed. 

“That’s good to hear. I’ll do that when I finish getting ready then before we head to the chapel. I’m glad and I was born with it this way. My parents thought it was an unusual color but I think my great grandmother had this same hair color when she was alive or so my mom told me when I was younger,” Sam said in reply before one of her hands was dry and her toes were started to be painted. She then asked the maid she had sent earlier to give Jach her note if she could go to her desk and get her journal and a pen so that she could write her response to the latest note that she had gotten from him.

Edited by SkySong278

The maid nodded and went to get the book and pen handing them to her as Abigail finished drying her other hand. "So are you excited or nervous?" Abigail asked getting the massage table for her. 

“Thank you,” Sam said to the maid after being handed her journal and pen before hearing Abigail’s question. “A bit of both actually. Excited to finally be married to Jach and nervous because I might trip over my own feet as I walk down the aisle or a part of my dress,” she said before taking a page out of her journal and writing her response soon after: Sounds lovely and I’m about to have my own massage soon. Getting my nails painted and I had to wait for my dominant hand to dry first before writing this note. I can’t wait to see you either. I bet you’ll look handsome. I am, very much so. It sounds like I’m going to be very spoiled but I’ll be looking forward to it. After she was done with it, she held it out to the maid for her to bring it to Jach.

Edited by SkySong278

"Don't worry about it." The seamstress piped up. "It's adjusted so it'll stop at your ankles and you'll be in flats. " she said going back to the dress making a few minor adjustments.

In the middle of her massage the maid came back with a good sized letter to Sam. The mail was blushing. "Master said he  wanted you to read this without anyone around..." 

“Oh really? Thanks,” Sam said in reply to the seamstress with a smile before she got her massage. During her massage, she looked over at the dress every so often and liked the adjustments that were added to it.

She then looked over when she heard footsteps coming towards her and looked over briefly to see the maid that she and Jach sent back and forth between them to send their notes to each other and saw the really long note. She noticed her blushing before hearing what she said. She blushed herself before saying in reply, “Alright. I’ll read it soon then. You can leave it on the table near the door.”

Edited by SkySong278

The maid did just that and helped getting the hair things ready. After her massage, they were right on schedule. Abigail took out her hair curls, braided a few parts and pinned them into a flower shape and left the rest in a cascade of loose curls. "There. We'll fetch your lunch, the rings and jewelry mistress." She said shooing the others out. 

The letter was sealed with a crest of a three headed dragon holding a scroll in one mouth, a quill in another and the middle one breathing flames. In it's claws held a single rose and it's two tails formed a bident, a two pronged tool a common symbol of Hades the Greek god of death.  Inside was the letter from Jach. 

Dearest beloved,

In just a few short hours not only will you be my wife, but my queen as well. You'll be given an elixir at the wedding feast that will grant you immortality. You will still be able to have children -if you want any that is- and remain young as long as I live. Do not worry about the wedding night. Nothing will happen if you are too uncomfortable except maybe some cuddles and sleeping. I eagerly await your questions, and look forward for the many days we will have together. I wanted to write my own vows, but that would make the ceremony longer and I haven't disclosed any information about it to anyone outside your father and the seamstress. I'd prefer to avoid any interruptions from a certain red gorilla we both know would love the opportunity to wreck havoc on our happy moment. 

So, I decided to write them to you. I originally intended to write them as a poem, however my brain and stomach are racing too much for me to compose properly and I'm a terrible poet anyway so I decided to write them the only way I knew how. A contract. 

There was a second page behind the first. On it was written:

I, Aseroth Hades Jachquin  Long Echlarerin Trio Gabrieleus Aluminatium Verona from here henceforth vow to you Samantha Weil, to give you my all. My heart, body and mind belongs to only you, and if I had more than half a soul, I'll give that that to you as well. We might argue, eternity is a long time, but no matter how many times we butt heads and fight, I will never raise a hand against you, never threaten you or insult you with my words. In these times of disagreement, I want you to know that from the first moment I laid eyes upon you I was struck down with Cupid's sharp arrow and impeccable aim. I fell head over heels in love and wanted no other woman. All the years alone, and many centuries looking for a suitable queen to rule beside me, I have finally found the woman I intend to spend the rest of time itself with. 

I vow to maintain your happiness to the best of my ability, as both a husband and friend. I promise to shower you with my affection if you so wish it. Never shall you feel pressured to do something you don't want to do with me.

If I grow too close to breaking one of these vows, please do not hesitate to call me out on it. I remember every contract and promise I made. 

Know that you from now on will be my one and only, forevermore.  Signed, 

His signature was a mix of Latin, Greek, French, a Chinese character, more French, some weird character in a sandscrip type language, two in a beautiful rune like language that seemed to give off a soft golden light on it's own despite the black ink and the last bit in Latin again.  Below the signature was a short note:

p.s. Do not feel like you have to respond back so much or with your own vows. I wanted to make this to calm my mind. My palms are sweaty and my knees feel like gelatin. I'm so very nervous, Zeroth said something about getting cold feet, but my feet are as hot as my palms are! I have been secluded too long. These figures of speech are lost on me. Oh and because I don't have many friends, Zen will be my "best snake" and the ring bearer will be Carlos my butler. Zeroth can't enter holy ground otherwise I would have him be my best man. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam looked in the mirror after her hair was finished being styled and said with a very big smile on her face, “I love it and okay thank you.” After they left the room, she got up from the chair that she had been sitting in and went to where the letter was set down at her request. She then opened it after carefully breaking the seal and read over both pages of the letter, her eyes sparkling with unshed tears at the beautiful words that were written there but was careful not to let them fall because she didn’t want to be discovered crying when Abigail and the others came back.

She went over to where her journal was, took out another page, and wrote a short response: Thank you for the beautiful letter. I look forward to drinking that elixir so that I can be with you for a long time. I also don’t mind about tonight if you’d like to be together with me in that way or we can always wait until tomorrow instead. I’m fine with either one. I wasn’t aware that you had such a long name but it’s beautiful. I’m a bit nervous too but I’m also happy and excited to finally be called your wife. I’d like to pet Zen at the feast afterward if he’ll be able to be there because it’s been a little while since I saw him last. I’ll see you in a few hours but it already feels like an eternity.

Edited by SkySong278

The maids came back with cold cut meats, soft bread and cheese for a snack lunch, the makeup, and a velvet tray with four rings on it along with the jewelry. 

The rings were from left to right, a black metal and purple wood ring, a female looking ring of black gold, opal inlay and a colorful looking diamond, a plain looking tarnished gold ring,  and a silver medal and wood ring.  There was a fifth ring, a silver one with a beautiful fire like stone. 

For jewelry she could choose from diamonds or pearls.  They started her makeup, slipped on her dress and fastened up the back. 

Sam gave the note she wrote earlier to the same one she had sent the few times earlier before she started to eat her snack lunch that they had brought for her and also before looking at the rings. After studying them for awhile, she picked the plain-looking tarnished gold ring for Jach by moving it off to the side of the tray of all the other rings.

She chose the pearls instead of the diamonds for her jewelry, sat still as they applied her makeup, and then stood up before her dress was put on and the back of it was fastened.

With the note delivered, they carefully helped her down the stairs to the car and helped inside. Abigail held the flowers that Sam would hold walking down the isle. After a long car ride they pulled up to a beautiful cathedral with stain glass windows and a red carpet rolled out down the steps with flower pedals spread over it. Abigail helped her out and walked her up to where her father was to give her away. 

"My darling you look lovely." He said taking her hand. "Are you ready?" 

(I'm going to fast forward through the wedding ceremony, Catholic weddings are an hour or longer)

When they walked through the doors, Jach did indeed burst into tears. The bishop smiled at them kindly and chuckled when Jach asked if it was illegal to marry an Angel. Then the wedding proceeded as planned. The vows came and Jach said his flawlessly like he rehearsed them carefully.  He said his "I do" with tears in his eyes.  When Sam said hers, and it was time to kiss the bride, Jach blushed and lifted her vale kissing her tenderly. 

((okay :)))

Sam walked with the maids down the stairs to the car afterward. Once they got to the chapel and she was brought to her dad and he greeted her she said with a smile, “Thanks dad and I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.”

She then walked down the aisle with him towards the bishop and Jach where she saw him burst into tears. She blushed a bit when she heard him call her an angel and then listened to him speak his vows before she spoke hers and then after he said “I do”, she said her own. When he lifted her veil and kissed her tenderly when it came time to kiss, she kissed him back just as tenderly before pulling back to a round of applause from their guests that were gathered there.

Edited by SkySong278

Jach kissed her hand as he took it. "To the banquet hall!" He called laughing. After a couple photos that nearly blinded them with the flash bulb they were left with the bishop a beautiful woman who had silver starlight like hair, tanned skin and large deep purple eyes came up to them in a radiant blue dress. "Congratulations to the happy couple. I was hoping you would choose the fifth ring. It was my own made from by son's first breath solidified into stone. " She pulled out the silver ring that Sam saw among the ones to choose from and handed it to Jach who just stood there, open mouthed and dumbstruck.  Then the woman placed a golden crown on Sam's head. "For the new queen. May you wear it with pride. You have my blessings daughter. Take good care of my son. He is a  grown man in many ways, and sadly he had to be so when very young and he still is young.. remind him to have fun and relax once in a while. Even a king needs a holiday from time to time." She leaned forward, kissed the top of Samantha's head, then kissed Jach's forehead. "I love you mama..." he managed to choke out. "I know baby. You'll be a great husband to this woman. Don't cry my boy, it's your wedding day! I can't stay long and I don't know when I'll be back, but take care of yourself for her okay my baby dragon?" She asked softly rubbing his tears away with her thumbs. Jach nodded, the woman smiled, spread brilliant white-violet wings and seemed to disappear from sight leaving a feather, one side raven black, the other dove white. 

Jach sniffed, pulled out a handkerchief, picked up the feather and carefully tucked it away. He looked at Sam slipping the ring his mother gave him on his middle finger of his left hand next to his wedding band. He held out his hand to her. "Shall we go eat and give you that elixir my wife?" 

Sam smiled when he kissed her hand and then giggled a bit after he announced that they’d head to the banquet hall in response to his laugh. She smiled again for the couple of pictures that were taken of them and then smiled at the bishop after the pictures were done. “Thank you,” she said to the beautiful woman that was also there and wondered who she was before hearing the rest of what she said. “It was a hard choice between that one and the one I ended up choosing but sorry,” she said in reply before a crown was placed on her head. “Thank you and I’ll surely do that. We both need a vacation,” she said in reply to a few other statements that concerned her before hearing what Jach said to her and fully knew that she was his mom. She had a feeling that’s who she was when she (his mom) had called her (Sam) daughter. “She’s really pretty,” she said when she left before he picked up the feather that was dropped when she left.

She nodded nonverbally in reply to his question after he put on the ring his mom gave to him and also after taking his offered hand in one of hers. “Of course. Lead the way my husband,” she said verbally in reply with a smile now on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

"She's an Angel. She's supposed to be breathtaking. Although her words are usually cryptic. " he says taking them to the church banquet hall for the feast. The meals were served, the drinks were served. 

Before the toasts started, he poured a golden red liquid into her glass handing it to her. Then he raised his own. "To my wife, whom I shall love forever. She is my light. May there be many happy days for the both of us!" He said smiling at her. He then kissed her again on the lips. "And may God bless us to be fruitful and longevity." He took a deep drink of his grape juice.  He nodded to her to do the same.