AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

((I apologize for the late response. I got back from a trip I went on this past weekend on Monday but then I had to start back in getting my room clean because we’re going to be having company this weekend starting later this afternoon))

“It’s okay,” Sam said in reply with a small smile on her face to his apology before continuing to eat her food again while listening to everything else that he said. She nodded in understanding about her telling him what she would like added to the contract if anything from the rough drafts that he had come up with the night before. “I’ll make sure to do that,” she said after swallowing a bite of food before giggling softly when she saw May’s wink and heard him grumble about her making sure that he was quiet.

“Well just so you know for future I do sleep quite deeply when I’m really tired so if you were to open that noisy door to your office during one of those times I’d sleep right through it. I’ve slept through really loud storms before so that wouldn’t be any different,” she said before he told Zeroth to get the contract for her to look over and after she had finished eating her food. She had a happy, content look on her face after finishing because she thought that it was really good food.

"Mistress, please don't tell him that!" May groaned as it was Jach's turn to give her a smug look. "I'll keep that in mind, although I'll probably get in trouble with the staff. You can read your contract in the garden if you like, or explore the castle before you do so. " He said as zeroth came back with the contract and a small stack of four rough drafts handing them to Sam as Jach stood up leaving his empty plate. "If you want to see me, I'll be in my office, I'll probably take afternoon tea and lunch in there as well. Just ask a servant you bump into where it is and they'll take you to it. " He said sweeping from the room back to his room to get relatively decent before doing his work. Five minutes later, a grinding sounded through out the house. May face palmed. "Always in such a rush. "

“Oh oops. Too late,” Sam said in reply to what May said before then listening to everything that Jach said afterward. She nodded in both reply and understanding before he left and then had a look of surprise on her face when she heard the loud grinding sound come from upstairs. She then looked at May when she heard what she said regarding him always being in a hurry and asked her with her face now also having a confused look as well as the surprised one, “What’s that noise? Is it the bookshelf door to his office?” She thought it might be that so she wanted to ask to see if her suspicions were correct so as not to wrongly assume anything.

Edited by SkySong278

"Yes, now you see if he keeps going through that way-" the grinding sounded again as it closed. "- at night we never get any sleep. He runs back and forth between his office and his room because he spilled ink on his clothes or needs to wash his hands in his bathroom because they got ink on them. It's annoying, very loud and needs to be fixed. He lost the instructions to the mechanism somewhere in the junk he has piled up in the rooms. It's in a chest somewhere I believe along with the deed and the map of the house but we have no clue where to start! Maybe you can help me after your nap?" May asked.

Zeroth smiled. "Master's office is in the biggest tower you saw on your way up here. There's only two ways to get there, and both through secret passages. One's  in the servant hall, the other is his bedroom. The chest might be down in the basement too, there's too many records to keep track of but he insists that we keep all of them, even the ones that have already expired and the sou-.....hem... Persons involved have passed on to the afterlife. " He sighed. "He's such a pack rat..."

“Ah okay. I’ll now know what the sound is in the future. It’ll take some getting used to but it’s not that bad. Yes I’ll definitely help you with the search of that after my nap and that’s very good to know,” Sam said in reply to everything that May said as well as what Zeroth said with a small tired smile now in her face. She picked up the contract as well as the four rough drafts of the contract before saying to them, “I’m going now to take a nap but if you need anything at all from me please don’t hesitate to knock.”

She smiled again at them before heading back up the stairs to the oak door that had the tree and fairies carved into it, opened it, and then closed it again behind her before placing the contracts in the sitting room and on the small settee in front of the window and then heading to her room afterward. She took off her bathrobe, put it back in the closet, and then got back under the covers of her bed to sleep a bit more.

An hour later a roar of pure anger and frustration shook the castle and panic set in around the house as everyone scrambled around. "HOW DARE THAT RED GORILLA MAKE A MOCKERY OF ME!" came the shout followed by the grinding sound again. The sound of Jach's door being thrown open and him stomping down the hall sounded like heavy drums of a war ship. "I WILL DRAG THAT AGNOSTIC UNBELIEVER TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL MYSELF!"

Sam woke up with a start when she heard the roar come from down the hall and then the other one that sounded from the hallway along with the stomps. She got out of bed, dressed, and then went after him to see what was wrong. “Jach? What did La Roux do to make you so angry?” she asked him with very wide eyes and very much now more awake than earlier after she had caught up to him and was walking side by side with him.

Jach barely looked at her, simply shoving a newspaper in front of her rolled up and wrinkled from his tight grip. The front page was a photo of La Roux himself  holding a contract with Sam's father, an ashamed look on his face and a priest besides them. The title of the paper read:

A Deal With The Devil?! Does Eclare's Contract mean Samantha Weil is to marry Satan himself?!

The article said how when Jach so rudely interrupted the wedding banquet and causing a extravagant wedding to be cancelled. Once the chaos had settled La Roux took the contract given to Mr. Weil knowing something was up. Giving the contract to a friend of his, Father Thomas Aquinas (as shown above) upon examining the text, the father has made not of key words in Satan worship. Wishing to stop the wedding happening in two weeks after her father had signed the contract after the pair left for Eclare's home, possibly to prepare for the unholy wedding, La Roux went to the press to prevent being cursed by Echlare and to gain the support of the people. 

---

"Carlos! Get me three message boys and send a carrier hawk to the Church of St. Joan of arc for me! Abigail!" He snapped at a maid who yelped. "Put that back now and go help the mistress get presentable. May! Ready the sun room for guests by tea time! I'll clean up this mess by any means necessary! That worthless human would rue the day he crossed me!" The one called Abigail put a statue she was cleaning back on it's pedestal and dashed over behind Sam. The servants scrambled to do as he said. 

"Master gets extremely scary when he's like this...." the poor sixteen year old maid behind Sam looked on the verge of tears, trembling in terror.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam read the first page of the paper he shoved at her and paled. “I wish that I had never gone into a contract with La Roux but he pretty much forced my father to do it by blackmail,” she said softly before her eyes widened slightly at the anger that she heard in his voice as he started to tell the servants what to do in order for him to get this chaos resolved.

She looked behind her at Abigail before giving her a small hug as if to say that everything was going to be okay before saying with a small smile, “Let’s go to my room to that you can help me get ready like he said.” She then started to lead the way back to the staircase before stopping to wait for her.

Edited by SkySong278

Abigail trotted after Sam as Jach continued to bark orders to the other staff. Once in her room, Abigail headed to the closest and pulled out a dress in a bag to keep it clean. She opened it up revealing a lovely dress with crystals and diamonds sewn on to the fabric. "Master is very protective. Times like this, he could seem scary, he really doesn't care what people say about him. This isn't the first time that he was accused of demon worship or black magic... but it is the first time involving someone bound by contract. " 

The maid set about, pulling shoes and matching jewelry as Sam got undressed before helping her into the silk folds of the dress, sintching up the back. "He might refer to you as such, but you should know that's how he sees people. Not in a bad way. Everyone here has some sort of contract with him. I am a klepto.... I take things that aren't mine and was from a poor, crowded and very abusive home. One day I took from the wrong man and got shot in the stomach. " She recalled tying the bow before picking up the brush and ran it through her hair gently. "I lay there dying in a alley and as my world faded to black I saw a figure above me. I woke up in a chair, wound wrapped up, body numb and a lovely meal set out for me. He waited until I had eaten to make a contract with me. Master made the terms and conditions very, very clear. Because I couldn't read or write he even added schooling in the contract and read it out loud carefully explaining anything I didn't get. The contract said I was to remain here until I can stop the impulse to take things. I've gotten better over the years because of it. For each euro an item is worth that I attempt to steel, another month is added to my sentience here. Like this brush for example, it's probably worth about forty five euros, so if i take it, that's another forty five months I must stay." 

Once her hair was brushed smooth she began to arrange the silver locks into curls and a rose shaped bun framed by a red gem and platinum hair pin that had rose quartz crystals like peddles that hung under the rose bun in a loop holding the pin in place. "The master was never truly happy. Who would be surrounded by killer brothers and sisters who hate you all the time, distant staff, and a gigantic house that nobody visits, plus the weight of a major business resting on a young boy's shoulders. I think it shocked the whole staff when he actually smiled at a person instead of a cake, or flower, or book he's enjoying. " She says stepping in front of her to do a little bit of makeup, just to make her eyes stand out and add some color to her cheeks and lips. "Didn't you see him trembling as he shouted? I think.... and please forgive my assumption and forwardness mistress.... but I think he's scared of you leaving him. He was cute running around and gathering the maids for questions about what a girl might like, and you should have seen the amount of paper we went through when he was trying to compose those poems... " Once finished with making Sam presentable she looked shyly at the lush carpet. "And even I have to say he was very dashing when his eyes light up when he would hear our reports on your reactions to his gifts. Like that dress and jewelry you have on now.... He designed them and had them custom made for you. If he sees you wearing it, it might calm him down. Although, I know I should've gotten your approval first before pulling them out...." the girl blushed in embarrassment.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I got back late from a concert I went to with a friend. I meant to post in here yesterday but was busy with finishing somethings up at work before I left for it. I’ll post my reply in here later; didn’t want you thinking I forgot about it))

Edited by SkySong278

((you’re welcome ^_^))

Sam undressed as she heard everything that Abigail said regarding how Jach got scary at times like this and how also it was the first time that it involved someone, like her, that had a contract with him. She thought that was interesting including when she heard that it wasn’t the first time he’s been accused of being a demon or using black magic. She wondered who else had accused him of those things as her eyes settled on the dress that was laid out as well as the matching jewelry and shoes. She had heard everything she said regarding what she was and why she was there but didn’t say anything because she didn’t know what to say. She did feel sorry for her almost dying but kept that thought to herself as well as hearing what Jach did to help her had been very kind of him to do.

Her eyes widened a bit when she saw how beautiful it was and looked a bit shocked to hear that Jach had designed it for her. “He designed this? It’s beautiful. I love it,” she said before she was helped in getting it put on with the jewelry following behind and also as her hair was brushed and styled. She then listened to everything else she said and felt bad for him being surrounded by siblings like that and then felt a bit embarrassed when she heard that he was afraid that she would leave him as well as him calming down some if he saw her in the dress and jewelry he had designed.

“You think he’d like seeing me in this? It’s also okay that you didn’t ask permission because you helped make me presentable and I couldn’t have done it myself. I trust you,” she asked and said in reply to what the other girl said with a smile before gesturing towards the bedroom door for her to go first. “Should we head back downstairs now? I’ll follow you,” she asked and said still with the smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

Abigail giggled. "I think it might be the rare few times master would be at a loss for words!" She opened the door for Samantha and followed her back downstairs. 

Jach was reading a letter still barking orders when a boy ran inside out of breath. "La Roux said he'd only come if he has the news reporters here!" He wheezed out. Jach grabbed a glass of water for the boy handing it to him. "After you gain your breath, head back and tell La Roux I already have the chief reporter, the head editor and the owner of the newspaper coming for tea, and he best bring this priest... father Thomas Aquinas I believe. " the kid nodded as he downed the rest of the glass handing it back to Jach looking passed the tall man to the woman on the stairs. "Should I... tell him that the most prettiest girl I've ever seen is here too?" He asked shyly. 

"Your grammar is terrible child! Whom might you be speaking.......of......." Jach said chiding the boy's manners while turning to see what was so fascinating behind him. The letter fluttered to the floor, and the glass slipped from his fingertips. This startled him and he fumbled to catch the glass before promptly turning around and setting it back on the tray it was on. "No you shouldn't child, now shoo, go!" He ordered prodding the boy with his cane before the boy slowly nodded and ran off. 

Jach had his back turned to her until he heard the flats approaching on the marble floors. Once certain about his composure he turned back around to face Sam again, although his scarlet cheeks gave him away. "So... you decided to wear one of the new outfits I had designed for you..... "  He said softly clearing his throat then moving his mouth in the shape of words but no sound came out. Abigail giggled, Jach shot her a scowl, blushing harder and attempted to form audible sentences again. "You look.... how can I describe it.... oh dear goodness.... " He said biting his lip in concentration. "Ah! The famous face that launched a thousand ships, Helen of Troy, couldn't hold a candle to your radiance. That color is one of my favorites... I hope it's all to your liking my bride?" He asked shyly, shoe squeaking as he ground his toe into the marble. 

“Oh,” Sam said in reply shyly before the blush on her cheeks darkened a bit when she heard what Abigail said before going down the stairs and towards the foyer. She saw Jach sitting in a chair talking to another servant who was a young boy before smiling slightly at the latter when he saw her coming.

The smile then turned a bit shyer when she saw Jach’s reaction but she was glad that he was blushing as well so that she wasn’t the only one. She hid a small giggle behind her hand when she noticed that he was at a loss for words like the young maid had told her that he probably would be before focusing on the rest of what he said. “Really? Thank you and it’s a beautiful dress. I love it,” she asked and said in reply before looking towards another area that was nearby.

“Should I be somewhere in particular for the conference or is staying in this room with you before it starts okay?” she asked when she had her attention go back to being on him while still looking a bit shy. She could tell by the top part of the shoe in the floor that he was also feeling that way but didn’t say anything about it in order for him to be more embarrassed than he already was.

"Well if you um.... wish you can wait here for your father then Abigail could lead you to the sun room. Tea will be before lunch today. You get to see a beautiful view of the garden, and it looks like the clouds are cooperating today so it'll be a beautiful partly sunny today..." He shut his eyes grimacing slightly. Reduced to talking about weather patterns.... He opened his eyes looking away from her to be able to think without his brain short circiting at the sight of such a beautiful woman. Seeing the staff stopping to watch this exchange he snapped at them. "What are you gawking about for? There's work to be done!" And the handful dashed around again getting things ready. 

Jach looked up at the chandelier. "If you want to stay here with me, that would be fine, but I'd rather have you be a surprise for that stupid gorilla. I don't usually like gloating or showing off but after this accusation and his falsehood imitating a man of God is deplorable. The only thing I hate more then contract breakers and lying is pretending to be a man of the cloth and a devout believer, or twisting the Word to suit your own desires. " He said with a low growl sound, more animal like then human. He snorted, looking back at her, violet eyes meeting hers. 

"I myself am not a Christian, but I do read the same Book the priests do. I've invited a good friend of mine, the bishop of this city's dioceses... that is, the head of all the Catholic churches within the city limits... is coming to help clear this mess up. He's also the one whom will proceed over the wedding ceremony. In the article, it mentioned that Thomas was a priest who is good friends with La Roux for his devout Catholic beliefs and religious church meetings. I however know that La Roux has never been baptized, believes in any god- the one Lord, pagan gods or even demons for that matter, is completely agnostic and is a pompous ass to anyone who believes in any religion of any sort and has absolutely, positively never set foot in a church in his life. I know all priest, deacons and worship leaders around this area and I have never heard of Thomas Aquinas. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it! Then he involved you. Going after my reputation is one thing, I can ignore it and my business wouldn't even suffer from this. However I'm worried about your father's well being, his livelihood and your image. This means everything to me. "  his eyes grew soft and sad taking her hand in his gently. "Things might get a little bit rough around here for a while.. just.... be strong. I know you can be strong and brave. At tea today we'll also look over your marital contract along with the revised ones if that's okay with you.." 

“I can go to the sunroom now to wait for my dad and okay. Yes it does look like it’s going to be a nice day today which will be nice unlike that other day when it was stormy,” Sam said in reply to what he said before jumping slightly when she looked over at the servants standing there before they went running in another direction.

“No that’s okay and that’s a good idea. I want to see the look on his face when he realizes I’m happy here. I didn’t like reading any of that either. I also remember not seeing him leave his manor once to go to church on Sundays and he didn’t let me go either although I had wanted to. I don’t like that either,” she said in reply before noticing that he had his attention back on her when he talked.

She then listened to everything he said with interest on her face, not knowing that he knew the bishop of the area as well as the priests and deacons. She nodded in knowing understanding when she heard the part about La Roux not believing in any God, pagan or otherwise, as well as him not stepping inside a church at all. She knew that he didn’t go to church and also didn’t let his staff or her do it either. “I haven’t heard of him either and I can be strong because I always have been. You don’t have to worry about me not being able to get through this with you. Yes, of course. Plus if I have any questions about anything in the contract and the revised ones it’ll be easier with you being there to ask you them with you here instead of me having to go look for you,” she said in reply with a smile before squeezing his hand a bit as if to offer some sort of reassurance.

Jach gave her a genuine smile. Bright white teeth perfectly aligned, two larger than normal canines and a little crescent dimple on one cheek. "Very well then. And don't worry, Abigail and most of my servants get Sundays off, three are Jewish so it's Saturdays for them and the Bishop always welcomes new parishioners. They can take you to mass if you wish, although they go to the early morning mass. I would accompany you to the later ones, but .... I can't receive communion. If you would like to go to the ten o'clock mass, I would gladly accompany you there. May, escort her to the sun room please! Abigail-"  the maid flinched causing Jach to chuckle a little bit. "No need for that dear, you did a excellent job in your task. I have one more for you, my current outfit is lacking it's luster compared to my dear bride. Would you go choose a matching outfit for me and accessories to pair it with? Oh and... the bottom drawer of my dressing table, right hand side. Grab the item inside that box and slip it into my brest pocket on the vest for me please." He said softer now, seeming to calm down a little bit. 

Abigail grinned brightly at the complement and ran off to complete her new task as May lead Sam through the bottom halls into a large round conservatory filled with plants, small trees and exotic sweet smelling flowers. Plush chairs sat beside a marble pond with a tree planted in the middle of it in soil. It was slender, blooming with cherry blossoms and a familiar golden snake slept on a branch. Vines, and bits of rope connected the trees, and little pegs on some of the larger plants showed that this was Zen's playground. Other multicolored snakes slept in trees lining the dragon pillars that turned into snake like dragons as they passed the conservatory doors. The sun poked through the clouds and created spots of color showed the stain glass windows that formed the roof and large panels showed topiaries as various animals and mythical creatures. A dragon faced off with a unicorn, a Griffin lay in a regal pose on a marble platform, a wolf pack hunted  smaller shrubs shaped like rabbits. A horse and a rider was trimmed in a everlasting gallop. Even more colorful flowers blossomed outside. "This is the sun room. Here master breeds both snakes and flowers, his most prized ones are kept here where he tends to each one himself unless he's not home. " She said leading to a table and chair overlooking the garden. "He's mostly found here reading on Sundays."

Sam blushed a bit more and a dark scarlet color when she saw his bright smile before hearing everything that he said regarding mass on Sundays if she wanted to go and what time of mass to go to if she wanted to go with him instead of the earlier ones. “Thank you and I’ll keep that in mind,” she said in reply with her own smile before she followed May out of the sitting room she was currently in to the sun room.

When they got there, her eyes widened at how many flowers and other plants were there as well as snakes. She took it all in, including the very beautiful stained glass roof and the topiaries as well as the shrubs that were depicting something, as they walked past. She stroked Zen gently on his head when she saw him sleeping on a branch in a cherry tree before being led to a table with a chair that overlooked the garden and sat down in it as she listened to everything May said. “It, the snakes, flowers, and other plants in here are very pretty. Especially the roof. Perhaps I should join him here then sometimes to read myself after church. It seems like a very nice place to do that and relax,” she said in reply as she looked out at the garden and then back at the plants that were in the room.

Edited by SkySong278

(The shrubs are outside the conservatory. The windows look out at the garden. I was just describing the view she had :) ))

Zen's tongue flickered in greeting when she let him, otherwise he didn't move, perfectly content on his sunlit branch. May smiled slightly. "I'm positive master would enjoy the company. Ah, his snakes are quite spoiled. The all black one, and the vibrant orange and blue ones don't go near. One's a black mamba and the other is a cross between three deadly snakes from the Amazon. They only allow master to handle them and honestly he keeps them cornered off so they won't hurt anyone. Others are quite docile or have their venom routinely drained to make antidotes for man made poison.  Deadly snakes and pretty flowers.... master is quite the enigma. I'll get the tea dear..." she bowed and left.

She came in with a tray of tea cups ten minutes later as the clock struck eleven. May then set everything up pouring Sam a cup of her favorite tea. "One of the things I found out about you dear is the kind of tea you enjoy. " five minutes later, Jach walked in with her father pulling the sleeves on his burgundy suit made of soft light material, the clasps made of pearls and gold. "La Roux is on the way and will arrive in ten, the bishop in two are the reporters at the same time as La Roux. Please have a seat sir." He waved to the plush chairs by the pond. "Sam, I know La Roux would say something about an engagement ring, I don't have the engagement ring, but the wedding ring. Would you like to see it now and wear it or would you like to wait to see it until the exchanging of the rings at our wedding?" He asked quietly. "You also may sit over by the pond, that is where we will discuss matters. I've sent Abigail to fetch the contracts you took to your room. And um.... do I look okay?" He added shyly some of his hair was refusing to fluff out from his bed head giving him a cowlick on the side and he had a faint smudge of ink on his jaw bone he didn't know about. 

((oh oops 😶))

“I hope so and I’ll stay away from the area that those other snakes are in so that I don’t accidentally disturb them. It sounds like it and okay,” Sam said in reply to what May said regarding Jach enjoying her company as well as the warning with the snakes and about getting the tea with a smile on her face that also lit up her eyes. She hummed when she was alone for a little while, enjoying the view of the garden and the sparkle of Zen’s scales when the sun shone on them.

“Oh thank you very much,” she said when she saw the tea and smelled the scent of it as it wafted over to her from the cup that it was in before carefully bringing it up to her lips to sip it. She had gotten halfway through her cup when Jach came with her dad five minutes later before listening to what he said in regards to when La Roux, the bishop, and the reporters would be there and nodded in both reply and understanding. She then watched as her dad went over to the plush chairs near the pond before hearing the rest of what Jach said to her while having her attention be back on him. “Yes I would love to see the wedding ring and wear it during the duration that he’ll be here and then put it away again for our wedding. Okay and I’ll head over there after Abigail comes back with the contracts. You look handsome,” she said in reply to his statements and questions before wetting a napkin slightly with some water that was in a nearby pitcher and then using it to gently wipe away the small ink smudge. “There. Now you look even more handsome. There was a small ink smudge on your jaw bone,” she said before putting the napkin back down on the table.

((oh should I have Sabrina go after Adonis in Sky and me or should I edit it a bit when I’ve thought up a conversation starter for her to bring up with Ray and company?))

((Have brena follow Adonis. He's not coming back home and would probably avoid the place when possible.))

Jach blushed when she cleaned his face for him and said he looked handsome. He nodded to the statement about coming over when Abigail came with the contracts, fumbling to get something from his pocket. "I hope that the ring is to your liking too lady Sam. " He said slipping the black gold ring onto her finger, a beautiful glass purple rose was the centerpiece with minor diamond accents. It was simple, yet lovely, small and light. "It's a rare kind of glass, so it won't break during your sparring, and it can double as a finger guard when you shot a bow." He said adjusting it so it flashed in the light before letting go of her hand. "I'll sit with your father and let you enjoy the area in peace before the chaos begins. " He left her there. 

Abigail came in the same time as the Bishop did, he was an elderly man dressed in plain garb, black shirt and the white stiff coller of the priest with a red circular hat on his head, a rosery around his neck and a pair of reading glasses tucked in his Brest pocket. "Bishop Barron! Wonderful to see you again, you look well my old friend." Jach greeted, and the two hugged and chatted a little bit before Jach offering him a softer chair and taking a stool beside his friend still chatting away as Zeroth entered with La Roux and his 'preist' friend along with the small group of reporters with note pads, recorders and a camera. "Ah, no photos in here please, bright flashes frighten my pets..." Jach said standing up in greeting once again, although this time it wasn't as warm and friendly. "Oh, bishop Barron! I forgot to introduce you to my bride, the exquisite Samantha Weil, Sam this is Robert Barron, the bishop and a good friend of mine. Barron, this is Michelle La Roux and his.... friend Father Thomas Aquinas of the Church of Saint... Aquilon correct?" He asked la roux and company.

The elderly man laughed when the other said priest stood, nodding and shook his hand. Once all three men sat down again (Thomas, Robert and Jach) Robert smacked Jach's shoulder. "Stop proving your point lad. Gloating is a sin that you are awful at!" He chuckled when a couple of the reporters looked at each other in confusion. "My dear friend Eclare here is basically saying that he knows that Thomas Aquinas is a false priest, a major sin in impersonating a man of God, and against the law too. There is no Saint Aquilon, that is the name of a Roman deity of the north wind. No proper Christian church would be named after a pagan god. You sir are going to get a stern talking to with me later." He said wagging his finger at Thomas. "And you Jach, I best be getting a good tithe from you for that comment or I'll be performing a you-know-what if it happens again." Jach pales. "No sir, no need for that."

"For what sir?" Asked a reporter. "Are you confirming that there's devil worship here?" "Oh good graces! What made you think of that? No, child just a simple house blessing involving incense and consecrated oils. Jach is allergic to the smell of frankincense, myrrh and sage we use to cleanse the house of evil, and the holy oils give him nasty rashes. Not that it's because it's blessed, it's just the type of oils we use to make it. As a secret of the Church, I can't tell you how it's made. But to avoid certain reactions, when a servant of his is baptized or confirmed I use a different set of oils and incense that's still church sanctified but wouldn't affect him as much. He's usually present during such important moments, although master, he supports them anyway he can. I will also use these special oils during the wedding ceremony. Now, let's see that contract Mr. Weils, that is the reason we came here yes? And Thomas, you may not be a priest, but you said you noticed discrepancies... where are they?" He said tilting his head placing his glasses on his nose. 

((oh but I thought she was going to help him feed the pups :blink:. I edited my post in there to have her follow after him))

Sam looked at the ring that was placed on her finger and had a look of surprise on her face at seeing it as well as one that was in awe of it. “It’s beautiful,” she said before her eyes lit up some as she looked at it and also before she heard everything that he said in regards to her sparring and archery. “I’ll keep it on then during those times so that I can continue enjoying it,” she said in reply before he went over to where dad was sitting near the pond.

She started to head that way when Abigail, the bishop, La Roux, the ‘priest’ that was La Roux’s friend, and the reporters showed up and Jach warmly greeted Barron by hugging him. She smiled at the sight before hearing everything Jach said to the reporters regarding pictures. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Bishop Barron,” she said with a smile on her face before holding one of her hands over her mouth to hide a smile when she heard the gloating comment after she and Bishop Barron were introduced. She made it a point not to look at La Roux and ignored him but at times she felt his eyes on her.

She then listened with interest when she heard Barron’s explanation of there not being a church named Saint Aquilon and that it was of Roman faith as well as it being a Pagan God and not Christian. She hadn’t known that at all. She was also a bit surprised to learn that Jach was allergic to some of the things the church used for blessing homes but would remember that in case it would be an issue later.

She sipped some more of her tea as she sat in a chair near her dad and looked surprised yet again when she heard there being discrepancies in the contract that Jach gave to her dad. She wondered what they were or if Thomas had said that in order to cause chaos and waited to hear what he would say in reply.

Edited by SkySong278

((He wouldn't bring fully wild animals around people, he sleeps outside the town in his den where he's keeping the wolves so to feed them, they must go to his house in the forest outside the gate.))

"Ah, you see I knew he either bought out the company of my wife's father or bribed him in some manner. I apologize for resorting to trickery, but my friend here studies in demonology and the paranormal. His influence is low, so I had to improvise.  When he said there were key words in demon worship within the contract, I knew my hunch was correct." La Roux said smoothly leering at Sam. "Red sure suits you, isn't it the color of the devil though? Certainly the color of passion and love."

Jach had another animalistic snarl bubble in his chest. A few snakes hissed in agitation as the atmosphere seemed to change. "You did not marry her, so you have no right to call her wife. Red is also the color of rage and blood, something that will suit you well in a minute if you keep those beady eyes on her a moment longer. " He snapped moving his stool to block La Roux's view of Sam. 

As the two men glared daggers at each other, Robert and Thomas were discussing the content of the contract. "Here, it says that if she doesn't freely give him her heart entire he will end all ties to this world. If she does, then he'd sacrifice anything to keep it so. And here, it says She must not know his true name until the wedding. And here, Anyone threatens the livelihood of Samantha, her family, servant and their families, friends and their families shall face eternal wrath and damnation until they draw their last breath and beyond according to the laws of the Word." Thomas said

Bishop nodded thoughtfully. "Ah, the wording is complex and leaves little room for anything wrong but I don't see anything demonic. I know Jach, so I believe the first concern was her being able to love him freely. He doesn't want her to feel caged or some pretty thing to be shelved to be used and abused later. He is saying that if she decides she doesn't love him for who he is, then he'd willingly let her go with no fuss or strings attached, giving her what she is owed in the process and will never marry again. The second part, about the sacrifice, Jach means he is willing to give up his home, fortune, everything to keep her with him  and happy if Samantha does truly love him. He will treat her as a woman who is his all. The next bit though about the name... Jach?" 

Jach had been listening, and didn't look away from La Roux as they continued their stare down. "When making a deal, you sign your first name, middle initial and last name. For a full binding contract a complete full name is required. Jach Echlare is one middle name and a third last name of mine. Names are powerful. I only trust my true name to very few people Robert, and my immediate staff. I want to make sure she wants to stay with me before I tell her my full name. " He explained. 

"And the last one is a protection clause. In fact, I told Jach to add it. I read over each contract he makes with important people who are involved directly with him. The Word is the bible he reads regularly and in Genius 12:3 it says "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." He is following this rule, and those who dare curse his bride, her family, staff and friends shall suffer the same fate as what they tried to do to her family. "

La Roux finally looked away from Jach, looking pale after hearing the bishop was responsible for the last one and what it means for his future. 

((I was just confused because he said that he’d welcome her help in getting the pups fed but then ended up leaving her at the inn with Zach and their parents. I edited my post again in there to include her calling after him))

“He wouldn’t do that. That’s not something he would do but you would. Aso I’m not your wife nor will I ever be your wife,” Sam said with a glare and that stayed on her face when she saw the leer that La Roux gave her as well as what he asked and said afterward.

She was glad that Jach stepped in at that point and was surprised to hear the protectiveness in his voice before he moved his stool to be between hers and La Roux’s so as to keep him from looking at her. She turned her attention from the two of them to look at Barron and Thomas while they discussed the contract for her dad. She sipped more of her tea as she listened to what they said and then poured more into her cup when it was empty.

She had a joyous look on her face when she heard that there wasn’t any mention of anything demonic in it and that look turned into a small smirk instead when she saw La Roux’s face pale at hearing the last thing that was said regarding a passage from Genesis that was added at the bottom of the page.

“So has everything been cleared up now on this matter or is there still more to discuss regarding the contract with my dad?” she asked as she hid the smirk behind her cup as she went back to sipping her tea.

Edited by SkySong278