AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

“Okay good. I’ve heard that but never really believed it. That’s true. I don’t want to ever see that ape again. Oh the dress is very pretty and I guess it makes me look that way. It’s very colorful but more like pastel instead of overly bright. Aw and I bet you look incredibly handsome,” Sam said before moving to take off the dress while the seamstresses helped her and when it was off she sat down on a couch in the room she was in. “They can’t help it dear.”

“Yes I have. I’ve written quite a few actually. Oh? I’m sure it’s just as dashing as what I see every day. It doesn’t matter to me what form you are in because either way it’s still you. Your appearance on the outside might be different but inside you’re still you and the one I know and love.”

Jach was quiet for a long time. The seamstress covered the dress when it was taken off. "I do not worship demons. I am one. Half of one. My name is Aseroth, I'm the king of purgatory and the six levels of Hell. The people I have staffed here are dead, but where believers in life of any religion, but made poor choices. I make contracts with them to give them a chance at heaven by spending their debt to the world in this castle. My mother is an Angel." He says while removing the suit and getting into some comfortable clothes peeking into her side of the room. 

"You remind me of her. I will answer some questions now if you want me to. I know this is sudden and quite unbelievable, but when dusk falls you'll see the truth..." He says with a blush. "I was... and still am afraid that you'll run away from me if you knew the whole truth... but I can't bring myself to enter into this marriage based on a tip of an iceberg that is barely exposed yet an entire mountain of ice lay hidden beneath the surface..." 

Sam grew a bit worried when he didn’t say anything for a time but then listened to all that he said. Her eyes grew wide in surprise when she found out that he’s half demon as well as that the staff at the castle are all dead. She had no idea but then thought that maybe they were also wearing illusions like Jach was. She then got a bit more surprised when he said that his mom was an angel but then blushed slightly when she heard that she herself (Sam) reminded him of her (his mom).

She looked back at him when he peeked into her room to look at her after composing herself a bit more and before hearing the rest of what he said. “Is it okay to ask them after the ceremony? I think it might be better for us if I did that. By that time, I might be more used to your other form. It is a bit but I’ll be fine and I don’t think I’ll do that. I appreciate you wanting to tell and show me the truth about you before our wedding so that it wouldn’t cause anymore problems afterward.”

Edited by SkySong278

He nodded. "You can still call me Jach.  I just... needed to get that off my chest. Um... I think I made things awkward between us... oh, it should be dinner soon. Afterwards would you like a walk in the garden? Or should I show you my observatory?" He asked shyly.

"And I'll appear like this every day, it's the Angel side of me. My demonic power ebbs at dawn, and grows at dusk. So during the winters I'm normally locked in my house because it gets darker earlier. " 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Okay and no it’s not awkward. I’m glad you trust me enough to tell me that. I’d like that and can we perhaps do both? Walk in the garden and see the observatory?” Sam said and asked in reply to everything Jach said and asked before hearing the rest of what he said.

“Oh and that’s very interesting. So during the daytime, you’re like what I see now but at night you’re in your demon form. That’s understandable but I hope you keep yourself warm when you do that.”

Edited by SkySong278

"That actually sounds lovely. Both it is." He  answered her questions and chuckled at her last comment. "Being a offspring of my father, who takes many forms and chose a dragon when mating with my mother, I do like to hibernate when it gets too cold. I have nearly every fireplace lit to keep me warm and am bundled up in fur. My job is nearly full time, so as much as I'd love to sleep all winter, I really can't. No rest for the wicked." He joked slightly offering a smile as the tailors and seamstress finished gathering their things and left. 

A gong sounded through the house. "Ah, maestro is getting impatient. Sounds like dinner is already served. He hates it when the food gets cold. Shall we go eat?"

“I’m glad,” Sam said in reply to what she heard him say regarding that both options she suggested sounded good before hearing what else he said in reply to the last statement she had said in regards to him staying warm in the winter. “Oh? Is that why you like dragons or were you always interested in them? It’s good that you’re able to keep that warm and I’m always available in case you need help looking over paperwork so that you can take a break and nap if you’d like.” She asked and said all that she did in reply to his explanation before giggling a bit at his joke as she also watched as the tailors and seamstresses left.

She jumped slightly when she heard the gong and then had her attention go to being back on Jach when she heard what it was for. “Oh oops. Guess we were taking too long. Yes we shall,” she said in reply with a shy smile.

He held his arm out for her to take and lead her downstairs to the dinning room for dinner. "It is a part of why I'm fascinated by the winged creatures. But I love hearing stories in other nations about their take on dragons. In Africa there's a gigantic serpent, and a lion headed swamp creature that have dragon characteristics. Asian dragons are wingless, and are believed to be the giver of their written language. Norse mythology, a dragon's blood is poisonous and if you devour it's heart you gain the language of the birds. So many different types of dragons, it's just fascinating!" He said pulling out her chair, sitting down to eat.

After dinner he lead her through the house to a different exit into the garden walking along mazes of blooming flowers of all kinds. From fruit plants to unusual, even entertaining a greenhouse with some fowl smelling carnivorous plants, then into another that had tropical plants all over, and another greenhouse with a Japanese garden look to it. 

As dusk gradually fell, Jach's skin grew paler, hair longer  until it reached his shoulders and four dark horns formed on his head from the growing shadows. He started to walk with a slight limp, and the arm she held became smooth with dark scales, rich black purple in color, cool and soft to the touch, flecked with midnight blue and merlot red hues and tipped with black dulled claws. As the first stars flickered into existence, so did his two tails the same color as his one arm. Finally he stopped, removed his jacket and draped it over her as the sun set and shadows grew thicker around his back before shrinking away leaving a large pair of dragon wings with a violet colored membrane that reflected the same shade as the dawn.  "This is the real me... I hope it isn't frightening for you my lady..."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Sam took his offered arm and went downstairs with him to the dining room, listening to everything that he said regarding dragons in other cultures and countries and also thought it all interesting while her face and eyes showed that same emotion.

After they had eaten, she walked with him to the garden and the different greenhouses he had with the many types of flowers and plants inside them. She looked at all of them in wonder and with the wonder and awe showing in her eyes and on her face. “They’re all very pretty,” she said when she had found her voice enough to speak.

When dusk came upon them, she was mostly looking around at the flowers but then had her attention go back to being on Jach when she had noticed that she was now wearing his jacket to see that his appearance had changed. She looked at his dragon wings and two tails as well as the rest of him and said in reply to his statement, “No it’s not.” She smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek.

Edited by SkySong278

((edited my post to include her reaction to his form))

Edited by SkySong278

Jach blushed when she kissed his cheek. He took her hand in his normal hand and placed the dragonesqe one on top of hers. The palm was covered with a velvet like dog pad. "That's good to hear. I was very worried... most don't like my appearance. I'm very glad you don't mind it. Um... would you like to fly up to the observatory now? It's near the top of my castle and the stars are best to look at now... " He said shyly. His eyes studied her, now once again the reptilian look they once had when he was poisoned by his pets. 

His tails flicked around him nervously. Taking a flight was a form of ultimate trust, even if it was only going to last a minute or two. One tail, the left one with a thin smooth tip, curled around her waist gently. "And feel free to touch my wings and horns. The right tail has barbs on the end and is kinda sharp, but the left is smooth like snakeskin... and is quite sensitive although it seems to have a mind of it's own..." He said using the second tail to remove the first from her waist. 

“You don’t have to be worried with me not liking it and I don’t mind it at all. Yes I'd like that very much and I love stargazing,” Sam said in reply to his statements and question still with the smile on her face and also with her free hand on top of his dragonesqe one.

She then blushed a bit when she felt one of his tails gently wrap around her waist before hearing everything else he said. “Alright and I’ll keep what you said about your tails in mind,” she said as the smooth snakelike tail was removed from her waist by his barbed tail.

Edited by SkySong278

Extracting his hands from hers, he leaned over and picked her up princess style. With a leap and a flap, he cleared the greenhouse and shot upwards. He then circled the castle, once around the turret that held his office, then eased himself down on the roof of a smaller neighboring tower that had a light house style balcony and large storm windows to see the stars. 

He carefully walked down the steep tiled roof and stepped off landing on the railing of the balcony with the grace of a cat. He turned around and set her down on her feet on the metal floor of the balcony itself before joining her. 

He pushed open a sliding door letting her inside the circular room.  The ceiling was painted in the formations of stars, split to the time of year they were typically seen. Three telescopes stood around the room, star charts littered the floor, a sextent and a large book sat on one of the few tables in the room. Only pillows and a three legged stool were available to sit on. "Pardon the mess... " He said blushing as he picked up the papers in their way stuffing them away in a lone, already bursting trunk smack dab in the middle of the room. 

When he picked her up, Sam looked around their surroundings with awe showing on her face before they reached the tower that was next to his office that looked much like a lighthouse and he set her down on its balcony. She nodded in thanks to him before they walked into the observatory.

She looked around the inside of the building with curiosity on her face now. She looked all around the inside including the ceiling where the star formations were. She recognized a few of them but others were new to her. She also noticed the big storm windows and thought that they were perfect for viewing the stars. She barely noticed the mess on the floor until he mentioned it.

“It’s quite alright. I didn’t even notice it until you mentioned it. I’ve kept a messy room myself before so I know how easy it can be to do,” she said in reply before sitting down on one of the pillows on the floor.

Edited by SkySong278

"So.... " He said sitting down beside her. "Point to the ones you know on the ceiling. I want to know where to begin. As a demon king, I must keep an eye on the stars for the signs of the end times. Every record I keep is given to the Son and he is to sort through them. Like in the Holy Bible, they will be separated like lambs and goats, wheat and chaff. He will take the repentant ones, the ones whom followed his teachings and I'll obtain the wicked to be eternally tortured. There's several seals signifying the end of days, the more obvious ones involve the stars." He paused for a moment.

"You don't really have to know about the signs of the rebirth of the world... but I'd like you to know a few constellations. The ones on the ceiling are the most common form of the constellations, the Greek versions. I'll teach you those. They are labeled on this map here if you can't see the words clearly. " He says pulling a scroll from the desk with his tail and spreading it out on the floor in front of them.  His other tail once again curled around her waist gently pulling her towards him so she was tucked under a wing. 

“I know the big and little dippers, Orion, Andromeda, and Cassiopeia but that’s it. I can somewhat make out patterns for other ones around the ones I know but I don’t know them that well. Oh I didn’t know that was also in your job description but I bet that with that and what else you told me you do as a job that you keep very busy,” Sam said in reply before listening to everything else he said.

She blushed a bit when she felt the part of his tail that had wrapped around her waist earlier do that again in order to bring her closer to him after the other tail had spread out a star map on the floor in front of them. “I don’t think I know the Greek versions of the constellations at all,” she said as she looked at the map with curiosity as she looked them all over.

"Orion, andromida and Cassiopeia are Greek constellations. The big dipper is part of Ursa major, the big bear, the little dipper is part of ursa minor, the little bear." He said pointing out the stars on the map. "Because it's Autumn going to winter, we can see them now. Once you spot them I can show you where Leo is, Draco, the rest of ursa major and were the pole star is. No matter the season, you should be able to see it. And you'll never get lost at night if you know where the north star is. I'll teach you more when the seasons change so you know where to find them. " He said, his voice getting excited in tone. 

"It is rather busy being a ruler... and quite lonely. Before maestro came here twenty years ago, I often went days without eating or sleeping, so focused on my work I neglected myself. I have seen many souls come and go and I have to say... my current staff have been quite diligent in keeping me healthy. I can tell it's not for their repentance and duty to work here, but that they genuinely care for me and this house. It'll be a bittersweet parting when each one moves on to Heaven."

“Ohh I didn’t know those three were Greek but that just proves that I don’t know that much about the constellations. I knew that much about the big and little dippers being part of the big and little bears. Doesn’t one of those point towards the North Star? I’d love to know how to spot Leo and Draco because those are one of the hardest constellations for me to spot. I’d like that a lot,” Sam said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said.

“Well come Sunday and after, you won’t be lonely anymore. I can also help you be not so busy if you’d like. I like your current staff as well. Everyone’s so nice and I agree because I’ll miss them too especially Abigail and May.”

"Yes! That's correct, the ursa minor, or the tip of the handle of the little dipper is actually the north star. It's called a pole star. I was actually born under the house of Leo when Draco was in full view. Mom said that's what made me brave like a lion, and fierce like a dragon." He replied to her question and statement. 

"Actually, May and Zeroth stay. They are a Gargoyle and an incubus, minor demons that were instructed to help me out and raise me. May protects this house, zeroth is the one who taught me everything I need to know about humans because he is with them more.  They both act as advisors. Abigail's sentence actually is up two weeks after the wedding... however it's up to her really. That could easily change to another thirty months if she takes the right item for herself. Although it's happened twice before, her almost being released then taking something adding more to her sentence. I'm starting to think she enjoys it here too much..." He chuckled.

Sam nodded in understanding and reply when she heard everything he said regarding the Little Dipper and the pole star before hearing the rest of what he said. “That’s really neat,” she said in reply with a smile before listening to everything else he said as she had her attention go back to being on the ceiling.

“I’m glad to hear that and I hope Abigail ends up staying because I enjoy her company a lot. I bet Arthur would miss her if she were to leave. It sounds like she does like being here which is good,” she said in reply with a small giggle of her own while finding the four constellations she knew on the ceiling with her eyes before having her attention be outside on the real stars out the window.

"Indeed.  Now, let's get to stargazing. Can you find the dippers out there now?" He asked also looking at the stars. Once she located the few she knew he pointed out draco and other stars. He gradually pulled her over to him and into his lap as he pointed out constellations and told the mythology behind them. 

It became late. "Oh my... the time... you must be tired. I'll fly you to your room so you can get some sleep. " 

Sam nodded in reply to his question before pointing them out and then pointed to Orion, Andromeda, and Cassiopeia afterward. She looked to where he pointed out Draco and the other constellations she didn’t know the patterns of before hearing the mythology behind them that he told her while being pulled close and into his lap.

At hearing his offer she said with a small tired smile, “Yes please that would be great if you wouldn’t mind.”

Jach nodded and picked her up taking off from the balcony, swooped around the house and perched on her window sill. With his thin tail, he unlached the lock and pushed it open setting her down. "Goodnight my dear..." He said softly kissing her forehead tenderly before falling backwards and gliding to his window a few feet away from hers and slipped into his room. 

Sam enjoyed the flight to her room while in his arms before he perched on her windowsill, unlatching her window and then setting her down inside after opening the window. “Goodnight,” she said in reply before watching as he fell backwards off of the windowsill and then flew the short distance to his own room. She sighed happily before closing the window and relocking it afterward and then moved to get dressed after closing the curtains.

Once she was dressed in her night gown, she unmade her bed, got under the covers, blew out the light, and then was asleep as soon as her head hit her pillow.

Edited by SkySong278