AroaraAngelwolf

From light into darkness

With a short dash forward and a beat of his wings, he was airborne before he reached the drop off of the short landing. "Here the wrathful are punished. Let's say the souls literally have to fight the violent embodiment  of themselves to the death in freezing cold liquid that's like molasses, waist deep on me.  It's not exactly what goes on here, but that's why this area is so cold, and the souls are shrouded in fog from the cold meeting the hot drafts." He said waiting for to join him in the air then headed diagonally to the left. 

Sam ran a short distance forward as well before she flapped her own wings and was airborne after she listened to everything he said about the particular area that they were currently in. She then followed after him, careful not to look down at what was beneath the fog that was created by the cold and hot drafts. “What’s the area like that Wrath’s in charge of?” she asked curiously but wasn’t sure if he’d answer or not. She had heard the tone of voice he used when he spoke of his brother earlier, guessing that they weren’t on the best of terms. She remembered somewhat that he had said that it was Envy who had removed his angelic wings while Wrath held him down.

Edited by SkySong278

(Envy tore off his wings, Wrath held him down. Envy and wrath are the two eldest siblings)

"This is Wrath's area. " He said angling downwards and landed on a icy cliffside. The Cliffside was low enough to see through the clouds to a small area where red liquid nearly froze, and people were fighting each other chest deep in the liquid. The third door was frozen solid. Another unusual key of his fire opened the door to the third ring, Greed's territory. "Souls fight in the blood of the victims their violence has claimed. In war, at home, neglect, animals and human. The blood is near freezing, and they are forced to fight. If they refuse, they are taunted until a violent outburst occurs. Wrath owns the second ring. Now, we are leaving the second and going into greed's ring."

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((okay. I edited my post to have it say what you said. I knew that I had mixed up the two))

Sam landed beside him on the icy cliff on the side of the ring that they were currently in, Wrath’s, and then listened to everything he said about it and what the prisoners in it did. She shivered a bit, not liking what they had to do and then nodded when she heard that they were now going to be entering Greed’s ring. “What’s involved with this one?”

Spotting her shiver he pushed the door open. "Now you get why I detest this area. And that lake gets higher by the week sadly. As for Greed's ring is.... weird." He said stepping inside. It was green and laden with flowers in full bloom. The smell was sickly sweet and several dozen paths cut through the grass and flowers. "Remember when I said my siblings and cousins are extremely promiscuous and lay with beasts as well as humans? Well..... their offspring go here. Here they drive each soul pulling a cart full of gold, gems and earthly goods. They must bring this cart from one gate to the next within a day. If not completed by day's end they restart at the beginning. Each time they reach the end, the lighter it gets." He explained walking along the pathway. Soon they ran into a cart with a man bound in heavy chains struggling to pull his wagon from a rut as a man with a donkey face and hind legs with a human torso between the two stood munching on a apple with a minotaur who leaned against a small tree watching another soul struggling along. They both snapped to attention. "My king!" They said in tandem. "Clove, Grey, meet your queen Samantha. Sam, the bull is my  nephew Clove. " He bull bowed. "And my third cousin Grey. These two are... what's the word...." He tilted his head. "Managers of this ring. Greed himself spends most of his time at my castle doing the accounting. Pride and Lust I get along quite well with. Greed is on neutral ground. He's not greedy really, probably more-" he paused again.

"Frugal. " Clove finished for him. "He didn't pay us, we really don't need money, but he built this place for us outcasts who aren't really demons, but not animals either. In exchange for work, we get food, shelter, fresh air and lots of space. We can even have mates, children and retire or take a holiday. There's so many of us, we work in shifts every six days we rotate to another soul or take a break. " Clove said

"Yes, and he helps with my business too. Every cent accounted for. He doesn't even embezzle any of it either. The day is nearly over. Can we say in your house tonight Clove?" The minotaur nodded. "Sure, uncle! I'll let the misses know. Ava and Yuna have grown. They'll be happy to see you." His deep brown eyes held a smile although his lips couldn't move to show it. 

Sam nodded before looking a bit sad when she heard the other part about the lake getting higher by the week for she felt sorry for those souls. She then looked curious when she heard that Greed’s ring was weird before looking around the grassy meadow-like area when they stepped into it. “It’s pretty,” she said before hearing what he said went on here as well as seeing a few souls pulling carts in the distance as well as animal-looking creatures standing on a hill. She had also listened to what he said regarding Greed and what he was like as well as what he did at Jach’s castle while also hearing about Pride and Lust earlier before having asked, “May I meet them sometime please please please?”

She nodded to them in greeting after she was introduced to them before saying with a smile on her face, “It’s very nice to meet you both.” She heard the rest of what he had said about Greed before hearing the question about them staying at his nephew’s place that evening. “I can’t wait to meet those other members of your family,” she said with a smile directed at Jach.

"You will meet those three. The other four I rather not run into them here. Technically everyone is my family due to inbreeding here, but keep in mind that some family members are not too keen on a demon who still has a human soul.  One of the reasons why we're staying with Clove. "He said turning around and heading back to the entrance, heading along trails to a village development against the wall, some houses actually built on the wall. "When Hell resets, all human souls both back to where they were in the beginning. In this ring, it's at the gate. Shell's day is approximately six hours on the surface but they feel longer. Each ring deeper, the longer it feels. Center three rings where my Castle is it's like a normal day on the surface." He explained heading to a hut where a anthropomorphic deer and a fawn colored cow ran around in the front. The cow child saw them both and charged little horns aimed at Jach. 

Jach grinned and stooped low as she'd head hit his horns locking. "Raaaah! " he pushed her back and she giggled ramming him again. They played like that for a few moments. "Got stronger Yuna. Horns like your daddy's!" He said snorting as she tried to push him back. He slowly slipped back, tails obviously pulling him back but made it look like Yuna the minotaur girl was actually pushing him back. 

Sam listened to everything he said, nodding a bit in understanding when he was done saying what he did about her being able to meet Pride, Lust, and Greed but not the other four; at least not while in Hell and the reason behind it. “Okay and I guess I’m the black sheep then,” she said with a slightly sad sigh before listening to the rest of what he said while walking with him back towards the entrance of the circle but actually went to some paths that led to a village and a wall instead. She looked around at all the houses that were there with interest before nodding again in understanding as well as reply to what he said regarding what happened in each circle or so when Hell reset and what it was like on the surface.

When they got to a hut that had an anthropomorphic deer and cow child playing in front of it, she thought they might be Clove’s and smiled. When she saw Jach playing with the cow child named Yuna, her smile got a bit bigger while thinking that they were really cute together.

Edited by SkySong278

"You're no black sheep miss." The deer said trotting over to her. "You're a pretty demoness. I'm Ava. That's my sister Yuna. Always thinking with her head. Mama is making dandelion tea, come inside! We rarely have guests. Well mannered ones anyway." The doe said taking her hand and pulling her to the house. "Kidnapping my wife Ava? I'll get you for that!" Jach roared charging at the doe skidding to a halt and tackled her in tickles. "Your wife? So.... she's auntie!?" Yuna bellowed charging over dancing on her hooves. "You're really pretty! Not as pretty as mums though, but still pretty! You smell funny too. Like the surface flowers uncle brings down all the time. What's it like up there? Are humans kind or always mean and greedy?" The little calf asked a ton of questions in a single breath.

"Thank you for saying that to help me feel better little one but I think I might be the only demoness here in Hell that still has a human soul so possibly considering that I'm the odd one out. That's what I meant when I said that I was a black sheep. It's nice to meet you Ava. I'm Sam. It looks like she does but maybe that's her best quality. I've never had that before but it sounds interesting. I'd love to try it. Oh? Are the guests you normally get rude or just not very personable?" Sam said and asked in reply to all that the deer Ava said before starting to follow her to the house that they'd be staying in for the night. She turned when she heard what Jach said behind them and stopped before giggling a bit again at the sight of him tickling Ava and then turned towards Yuna when she heard what she bellowed in excitement. She crouched down a bit so that she wasn't looking down at her before blushing slightly at the compliment. "Oh um thank you. What kind of flowers does he bring you that I smell like? Well the weather's always constantly changing with the different seasons and the leaves turn really pretty colors when it starts getting a bit colder. Humans can be all of those but I prefer the nice and kind ones to the mean and greedy ones. It would be a better place up on the surface if everyone up there was kind but unfortunately that's not how it is," she said in reply to everything the little calf said as well as asked with a small smile on her face.

Ill reply soon I've been busy sorry! I'll edit this in a bit))

"That's what I'm trying to say." Ava said in reply to her first statement and question once she was released from her uncle's grip. "Great Grandfather is very...... productive when it comes to producing children. Most of our aunts and uncles are half demons. They stay with us too, but they are brutish and very rude. They scare mama and my sister and I hide when they come. Jach isn't really our uncle, but our granduncle-" "but that makes me sound really old so I prefer just uncle. " Jach injected lifting up Yuna to his shoulders. 

Yuna sniffed the air holding on to her uncle's horns for support. "Like lilies... Jasmine, hibiscus and.... a sweet flower that's really strong and pretty smelling..." "Lilac. I can't bring them down here. They won't grow because it needs cooler temperatures then what's here. I'll bring you some soap that smell like that okay?" She giggled. "You're the best!"

They reached the large hut and a woman came out. She had the upper body of a normal woman with long spindly doe legs and doe ears where ears would be on a normal person. Her hair was short, framed her face and a lovely golden brown with large calf colored eyes like pools of dark chocolate. She welcomed Jach with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Welcome back home my King! How long will you be back here this time? Three months? Four years?" She asked tilting her head. "And you brought a lady friend, I have two rooms all ready for the both of you. Who is this new demon? A new recruit for us to train?" She asked tilting her head as he set a pouting Yuna down and Ava  ran in to get the tea started without being asked. 

Jach hugged and kissed the woman on her cheek in the traditional French greeting of a close friend. "Yes and no. Zoey, this is Sam. Sam, this is Clove's wife Zoey She will need training, but not here. She will receive my personal training in the running of this ring, and a few others. And one room would be fine for the both of us. " he said kindly. Her ears went down as she frowned. "A fresh lamb in charge of so much? Have you lost your mind your majesty?" She huffed. "And you know I don't tolerate your brothers treating my house as a hotel with their daily prizes don't think you'll get off the hook!" 

Jach had hung up his keys and knife by the door. He was quite for a moment. "I'm not crazy  fourth Gate guardian Zoey ban-hallow. Have you ever known your King to go sleeping around? Have you ever thought of me so reckless? One room for the both of us. We are bound in contact and holy matrimony. I don't believe I can sleep without her beside me in this place. " one of his tails found Sam's and curled around it. "My biggest fear is to wake up and see it's all been a painfully beautiful fantasy. You know Hell has a way with toying with a sorrowful heart and a damaged soul. Even dreams fall victim to this place if one isn't guarded. As for how long I'll stay, we're passing through to Switzerland for our honeymoon. I want her to see Cerberus, Styx and Chiron, Phoenix and my garden before we go. " he said softly looking over at zoey with sad violet glowing eyes. 

After a tense silence he raised his hands. "No funny business, just sleep I promise. Besides, Sam isn't that type of person. If I had tried anything I'll be whipped and pushed to the floor." The doe relaxed and nodded before smiling at Sam bowing low. "Welcome my Queen to my humble home. We shall have tea in the dinning room. " She said and turned on a hoof going into a room. The hut was built like a wooden cabin, rooms set up like a normal house would. It was two stories tall, and instead of stairs there was a ramp to the second floor. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((okay and it’s fine. I understand being busy. I’m patient :) and okay ^_^))

"Oh and they don't sound like very good house guests. I don't think I'd like to meet those siblings of his then or perhaps elsewhere that's not here in Hell. I've never heard of granduncle before. Must be a new or really old way of calling an older uncle," Sam said in reply before smiling when she watched Jach lift Yuna up onto his shoulders and then following them towards the hut afterward. "I'd imagine that would make you feel a bit old."

"Oh I had no idea I smelled like all of those flowers," she said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks along with the smile that was still on her lips. Her smile grew a bit more when she heard what he told her that he'd bring her as well as hearing Yuna giggle. She thought again that they were very cute together.

When they got to the large hut, she hung back a few feet or so while the beautiful doe hybrid greeted Jach while also asking him a few questions about how long he'd be visiting there this time as well as ones about her and who she was. She wasn't really sure how to respond so she kept silent during the line of questioning by the beautiful doe woman.

"It's nice to meet you Zoey," she said a bit shyly in reply after Jach had introduced them before just listening to everything else he said to her including what he would personally train her to run and moved a bit closer to where they were. She was a bit surprised as well when she heard how much she'd be trained to look over while in Hell but also thought that it would be a good challenge as well as her being able to see Yuna and Ava more which made her happy. She liked them a lot and thought that more time with them would get them more used to her and her more used to them. Her eyes widened a bit in surprise when she heard the other questions Zoey asked Jach and they only got a bit bigger when her surprise grew at hearing the last exclaimed statement she said to him.

She blushed a bit more when she heard him say what he did in regards to him not being able to sleep without her by his side and then was barely able to hold back a small gasp when she felt one of his tails curl around it. Her tail was sensitive to touches like that and she couldn't help it when she gasped. She stayed silent during the rest of what he said to Zoey and hoped that her dreams wouldn't have anything bad happen to them as they slept. She couldn't wait to see the places that he listed that they'd see before they left Hell to go on their honeymoon and figured that they'd see those places the next day.

She nodded in agreement to what he said about her not being that kind of person but what surprised her yet again was when she heard what he said about him being whipped and pushed to the floor if he did try anything with her for she didn't know that. She looked a bit uncomfortable when she was bowed low to and called Queen before saying shyly in reply, "Just Sam is fine since I'm still getting used to being called my new title. You have a lovely home and I can't wait to try it." She then followed after Zoey into the room she thought might be the dining room. On the way there, she marveled at how big the house was and how beautiful it was.

Edited by SkySong278

"You just got married then?" Zoey said remaining standing until they both sat down at the table Ava poured them a light green looking tea that smelled of spring. Jach's hands dwarfed his earthenware cup as he wrapped his palms around it. " Two weeks ago. I wanted her to learn how to fly when we left to Switzerland. She's a fast learner. In a few years, there will be a man that has been harassing my wife. He will be here for a while. I don't like him, he is disloyal, greedy and tried to take her away from me. The reason I'm telling you this, is because by the time he comes, My wife will be ruling beside me. I know you aren't used to the title, But think of it like a business. Like my trading company. You will become co owner of my shipping company, and co owner of my kingdom. I can't wait for you to  see my pets. Cerberus is actually three different dogs. Arcana, Arachne and Asmodeous. Arcana is the youngest and more protective of me, Arachne is... a niece... long story  i'll tell you letter. Asmodaous is the eldest. Then I have my horses one of which a unicorn, and my dragon and basilisk guarding my treasure room. So you see why I like such creatures. I have real living breathing "mythical creatures". My brother Greed keeps his employees in a happy condition. Next ring is Lust's, then pride's, then envy's, Gluttony and sloths before we get ti my ring. Still a little ways to travel."

Sam nodded in reply to Zoey's question before sitting down beside Jach and picking up her own cup to start drinking out of it while listening to everything the latter said including the bit about Michelle. "I understand. I'm sure I'll get used to it with time but I'm still new to being called it so it's just a bit weird. I can't wait to see them either and I remember you telling me briefly about those three before when I first got to your house and was getting to know you better. I hope Arcana and I can be friends and that sounds interesting about Arachne. Oh can I ride your unicorn sometime? I love unicorns. I'd also love to meet your dragon and basilisk. They sound like they would be perfect to guard your treasure room, especially the dragon because they love shiny things. I do see and I like them, too especially the unicorn and dragon. I don't know much about basilisks but I'd like to meet yours anyway. He sounds like he's a nice boss. I see but there's not too many of them left before we get to yours which is good."

"Basilisks are a gigantic snake with eyes that can turn you to stone with one look and holds a crown of horn like feathers around its head. I gave you a bit of my blood, my power at the wedding so his gaze will not affect you. Zen is a descendent of his. The dragon is female, her name is phoenix. Since Greed is always at the castle, you'll meet him there. Lust, and pride... we can see if they are home if you want to meet them, but i'd like to stay at my castle for a day or two. it'll be that long to show you around, then you can use the doors in my earthly home to come down and visit. They can only be opened by onw who has a key and knows where it exits, otherwise they wouldn't budge at all. This is why we had to take the long route. Next time, we can take the doors that lead from the earth castle to my home here so you can visit any time you'd like. It would also make it much easier to check on the kingdom using the tunnels then having to pass through the gates again. One leads directly yo this ring, it comes out by the fourth gate so i'll show you where it is when we get there tomorrow." He said sipping his tea as ava Tried and was failing to stomp on his tails.

"I would like to see you come here my qu-..... Sam..." Zoey said like she wasn't quite used to using the informality. "The King tries to visit us but he doesn't like most of his other siblings that rome freely down here. He avoids traveling through the gates when he can. His castle takes up three of the thirteen rings. Then the seven brothers, the ring entering, purgatory then the unbeliever ring that's  right in between pride and envy's rings." she said pulling out a map. It looked like a oddly measured target  with a twelve pointed star at the bulls eye. "That is Hades' castle. the very center of it all. Are you hungry? I'll fix some dinner for us. Shepherd's vegetable pie sound good?"

Sam listened to everything that he said regarding basilisks and what their ability was and nodded in understanding, knowing a bit better now what they were and what they did. “Oh that’s cool,” she said in reply to what he said in regards to Zen being a descendent of the basilisk before hearing what the dragon’s name was as well as her being able to meet Greed at Jach’s castle while they were there in Hell. “I would like to meet them if they’re nice and don’t mind meeting someone like me,” she said in reply to his statement about meeting Lust and Pride and then listened to everything else he said about them staying at the castle for a two days as well as how the other castle and the one here were connected and how to get to each. “That sounds like a good idea and plus it’ll give me the chance to get used to traveling from the earthly castle to the one here and vice versa as well as how to get to this ring quicker,” she said in reply to what he said about them taking the doors from the other castle to the one here and nodded to what he said last about showing her the tunnel that led directly to the ring they were in currently tomorrow before taking another sip of her tea.

She hid a smile and stifled a giggle when she watched Ava try unsuccessfully at stomping on Jach’s tails before hearing everything that Zoey said. “You can call me Queen if you’d like if being informal makes you uncomfortable. It’ll help me get more used to being called my title, and help me be a little less uncomfortable with it. I’d like to come here as well. He’s mentioned before that he doesn’t like most of them. That’s very interesting and ah I see,” she said as she looked at the map that the former pulled out for her to look at. “Yes I am a bit, and that sounds delicious actually.”

Edited by SkySong278

She nodded and started making the pie. It started to get darker out like lights going dim and Clove walked into the hut hanging up his ax at the door when dinner was ready. Jach simply sat nursing his tea, still on the first cup as Ava and Yuna played double Dutch with his tails. When dinner was ready and set in the table, he excused himself and went to his room claiming he wasn't hungry and was tired. 

Sam watched curiously as Zoey made the pie, wanting to see how it was made because she had no idea. She nodded in greeting to Clove when he walked in after it had gotten darker outside the hut and then smiled a bit when she watched Yuna and Ava play with Jach’s tails. Her smile faded slightly when she heard what the latter said about not being hungry and being tired before she watched him go to his room.

“Is he okay?” she asked Zoey with concern before waiting to start to eat. She didn’t know how they ate so she didn’t want to be rude and start eating without them starting before her.

Edited by SkySong278

((I've been busy and will get busier. Sorry for late reply, before the edit was ok. I'll respond to that if that's okay, I had my response thought out and adding her being in the room throws it off a little bit))

They ate with their hands, picking up the pie and eating it that way, they gave her silverware but nobody else at the table had any. Before Jach left, the table had been set for four people, as if they knew he won't eat with them. 

"His Majesty is all seven siblings rolled into one person. Embodiment of every sin. In Hell, he's always hungry physically and spiritually yet no amount of sustenance can satisfy him. He practices the virtues of each sin here. He doesn't act like a king, being with his people like us- humility. He doesn't eat or drink- abstinence. He is very kind to all of us- kindness against envy. He never slept with anyone other then you his wife- chastity. He is generous and often gives us raises which makes greed huffy because that's the virtue of his sin- liberality. He also practices patience and diligence here. On the surface his instincts are easily managed, but here he struggles with them. It's been two hundred years since he was here for longer than a few hours in the morning, and the feeling builds as he stays here longer and the darker it gets. Please, don't worry about him or yourself. You may look like a demon but you retain your pure heart. The environment here will not affect you for you where not born a demon or had your heart corrupted. To him, you are the embodiment of all virtues he practices. 

As for his well being now, he will be fine. He's trying not to worry you, worry can easily be turned into something nasty here. He will be better in the morning." Clove explained seeing her worried look. 

((sorry. my life got a bit busy. I edited my previous post to take out the part of her going to his room))

Sam started to eat the pie in front of her with the provided silverware while Zoey and the others ate their’s with their hands. She had eaten about half of her piece of the pie when she heard Clove explain why Jach didn’t eat and why he seemed tired.

She listened to everything he said with interest while still having the look of worry on her face and while she continued to eat her dinner. “Oh I had no idea that he felt all of that but now I know not to be worried about him in the future,” she said in reply with a small smile on her face and a blush on her cheeks.

She finished eating her piece of pie soon after she had said what she did and said as she stood up, “Thank you for the delicious pie. I think I’m going to turn in for the night but I’ll see you guys again in the morning.” She then went over to the sink, put her plate and silverware in it, and then she made her way to where she thought his room was.

Edited by SkySong278