Silvynx

Action Log: Show Image of BSA Recipient Instead of User

Right now when you use a BSA the action log shows an image of the dragon that used the BSA. I'd like to make a small request to have that image show the egg/hatchling it was used on. Since I have many breeding projects and scroll goals I'm working toward most of my eggs need to be influenced, and if I want to check which eggs I've already used which BSAs on I have to click each code to see which egg it was. It would be much more efficient to be able to immediately see what's been influenced/precog'd, and it's not much use to see that a red used incubate anyway.

Basically I want things like this:

image.png.3c3defaafafcba82fed7954a96c441f4.png

To look like this:

image.png.e70c286928b72b8eef9bb8454fd354b3.png

Apologies if this has been posted before, I did a search but didn't see anything similar.

Yes, please? Seeing (and being linked to) the target is way more helpful than the way it is now. Personally, I really don't need to know which pink dragon I used for influencing that prize egg I have, I want to know if it has been ifluenced. (And, if so, which way.)

Honestly, I kind of like it as it is. If I know I'm looking for an egg that I influenced I know to look for a Pink dragon on the list. There might be several eggs of the same breed that would show up on the list the way you have it proposed -- eggs that were influenced, eggs that were incubated, eggs that were precogged, as well as eggs that were abandoned. Sometimes I abandon a dozen or more eggs of the same breed as one I keep and influence. For me it is much easier to look for the Pink dragons than to try to figure out which of the eggs is the one I am looking for. 

Edited by purplehaze

As I read the OP I was thinking 'oh yes please!', but then I read @purplehaze's post and I have to agree. When I'm on a breeding spree where my Action Log is full of breedings and auto-abandons, or when I'm hunting the AP and my log is full of abandons, it's currently very nice and convenient that the Influence/Precog/etc stands out from those things because of the Pink/Aeon/etc image. As it stands right now, with things like mass-breedings and mass-AP-reabandons often clogging the Action Log so much, to me it's much better to have the BSA-users image to see that more clearly among the sea of egg images. (If we had some filter type of options for the Action Log, it might be different)

I have similar concerns as purplehaze, but I'd nonetheless love to see this happen - so I'm thinking it might be best to simply have both icons, side by side. ^_^

I think purplehaze has a good point, though I believe it would still be easy to find BSA uses among abandons because the text line is much longer for those than it is for abandoning. You could simply scan the log for the BSA text, then would be able to see which egg it was used on. While it's true this wouldn't differentiate between eggs of the same breed, It's still more information than just the code. A compromise could be nice like pinkgothic mentioned, but I'm worried showing both would be overcrowded for mobile users

It wouldn't be a game-breaker for me if this happened, just something that I would have to get used to. I just wanted to point out the problem it could cause. I would actually probably just go to using ctrl-f more. I already use it sometimes when I have a lot of actions on a page. I think displaying both images would look cluttered and, as Silvynx says, may cause problems for mobile users.

11 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

I have similar concerns as purplehaze, but I'd nonetheless love to see this happen - so I'm thinking it might be best to simply have both icons, side by side. ^_^

I'm totally on board with this. Win-win.

If it were to be either or, I'd prefer no change. Otherwise I don't care.