Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ellie

Hello -Contains Images-

[Apologies to the moderation team for my previous attempt, I am dyslexic, so I must of just missed the trade rule.]

Hello everyone, you can call me Ellie (This is not my real name.)

I have an obsession with animals, and joined Dragon Cave a few years back. ( join date was September 28th, of 2013)

I own a dog, named Brin who is a female Lurcher. (that's a Sighthound Crossbred, they're much shorter than Greyhounds.)

2 Rabbits named Snow & Loki, who are an English Cross, and a Lop Eared.

And my sibling owns 4 Budgies, 2 female 2 male. She used to own chickens, however we had a fox raid, and they sadly perished in their hunt. (my sister does not play Dragoncave, nor own any accounts and uses a separate computer.)

My mother owns 2 guinea pigs, named Ginger & Blacktip, both female.

We also used to have a stray cat visit us, that we took to the vet once we caught him. We found he was named Matsuda, and he was reunited with his family shortly after his arrival at the vet.

I can attach some photo's of them to the post, however I'm not sure what quality they will appear in, let alone even be accepted.

-

I used to spend most of my day playing video games, most included Lioden, SMITE, LastMoon, ChickenSmoothie, World Of Warcraft, Don't Starve Together, Transformice, Battlerite, Fortnite, Borderlands2, and about 30 seconds of Warframe lol.

-

Most days now, I spend reading, if you have any recommendations for any type of book, please let me know. :) I can enjoy Fantasy, Sci-fi, History, Cookery, Animal care, Bank Management etc. [Please no math] (I'm sorry I'm so boring.)

Just to note, I don't like first person reading, I prefer third person.

I do enjoy some artists however I wont post their names, because it's not for the faint of heart or weak stomached. Most of the books I have read contain a lot of explicit and inappropriate content, so I wont be listing them here.

I have recently started Surveillance by Bernard Keane, A gripping, edge of the seat thriller. I hope to finish it by the time I have to return it back to my local library.

-

I think that's enjoy of me boring everyone to sleep, thanks for reading if you did.

-

Thank you for any kind welcome's or hello's, any links are also appreciated. :)

19512184_313701432387014_1466375405_n.jpg

19551228_313701409053683_1848393816_n.jpg

19511916_313701399053684_1055717781_n.jpg

24726760_369737343450089_1902607182_n.jpg

23549831_105002516942129_538182190_n.jpg

Hello and welcome to DC! Quite the assortment of creatures you have :) I have a bunch of lizards myself!

Welcome to forum! Hope you enjoy! I was once heavy reader, You said Math was boring then how about Physics?

12 hours ago, Kaini said:

Hello and welcome to DC! Quite the assortment of creatures you have :) I have a bunch of lizards myself!

Wow what kind of lizards? Thank you for the welcome! ;)

22 minutes ago, sh20000sh said:

Welcome to forum! Hope you enjoy! I was once heavy reader, You said Math was boring then how about Physics?

I've never tried physics before, why not give me a book & author and I'll see if my library has it around. :) Thanks so much for the welcome.

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

Wow what kind of lizards? Thank you for the welcome! ;)

Crested geckos, leopard geckos, a leachianus gecko, and... well, a snake :)

Welcome! I love animals too. I have 2 cats, Leona and Loki. Loki was very sick a month ago (pneumonia) and almost died, but he's getting better. Have you read The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? It's one of my favorite books. I'm reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett right now and after that either Mort or The Colour of Magic.

1 hour ago, Kaini said:

Crested geckos, leopard geckos, a leachianus gecko, and... well, a snake :)

Wow, think you can take some pictures of your snake for me?? I love them so much! What kind is it? :) 

1 hour ago, Nandeenah said:

Welcome! I love animals too. I have 2 cats, Leona and Loki. Loki was very sick a month ago (pneumonia) and almost died, but he's getting better. Have you read The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? It's one of my favorite books. I'm reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett right now and after that either Mort or The Colour of Magic.

I'll look into it, can you give me a description of the books? ^^ I don't mind if its pasted.

Here he is!

His name is Eos, he's a ball python, and he's a lot bigger than that now :P

I'll quit cluttering this now but enjoy the forum! :D

@Kaini ❤️ I always wanted a snake or a spider but idk what to do when I'm on vacation. Everyone I know is afraid of them and would run away screaming ;_;

@Ellie sure! Mort and The Colour of Magic where recommended to me because I like Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Good Omens. I'l copy the texts from Amazon:

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:

Seconds before Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor.

Together, this dynamic pair began a journey through space aided by a galaxyful of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox—the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian (formerly Tricia McMillan), Zaphod’s girlfriend, whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; and Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student obsessed with the disappearance of all the ballpoint pens he’s bought over the years.

Where are these pens? Why are we born? Why do we die? For all the answers, stick your thumb to the stars!

It's a series of 5 books. I like the opening of the second: The story so far:In the beginning the Universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Good Omens:

The book is a comedy about the birth of the son of Satan, the coming of the End Times. There are attempts by the angel Aziraphale and the demon Crowley to sabotage the coming of the end times, having grown accustomed to their comfortable surroundings in England. One subplot features a mixup at the small country hospital on the day of birth and the growth of the Antichrist, Adam, who grows up with the wrong family, in the wrong country village. Another subplot concerns the summoning of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, each a big personality in their own right.

Mort:

Death comes to everyone eventually on Discworld. And now he's come to Mort with an offer the young man can't refuse. (No, literally, can't refuse since being dead isn't exactly compulsory.) Actually, it's a pretty good deal. As Death's apprentice, Mort will have free board and lodging. He'll get use of the company horse. And he won't have to take any time off for family funerals. But despite the obvious perks, young Mort is about to discover that there is a serious downside to working for the Reaper Man . . . because this perfect job can be a killer on one's love life.

The Colour of Magic:

Imagine, if you will . . .

a flat world sitting on the backs of four elephants who hurtle through space balanced on a giant turtle. In truth, the Discworld is not so different from our own. Yet, at the same time, very different . . . but not so much.

In this, the maiden voyage through Terry Pratchett's divinely and recognizably twisted alternate dimension, the well-meaning but remarkably inept wizard Rincewind encounters something hitherto unknown in the Discworld: a tourist! Twoflower has arrived, Luggage by his side, to take in the sights and, unfortunately, has cast his lot with a most inappropriate tour guide—a decision that could result in Twoflower's becoming not only Discworld's first visitor from elsewhere . . . but quite possibly, portentously, its very last. And, of course, he's brought Luggage along, which has a mind of its own. And teeth.