Fuzzbucket

Change the way messages work

This isn't really a help thing... but a request and therefore more of a suggestion...

TJ - is it possible, when we go to our inbox and want to look at a message, for it to be set to go to the LAST post in he message instead of the first ? I'm part of some messages that run to 10 or more pages and it's so silly to have them open up at the first post. Can you do this ?

Pretty please with icecream ?

Oh, yes, please! If this is possible with the forum software it would make life so much better for messages between multiple people who are actively adding posts over an extended period of time. I know our Secret Santa mods message got to over 30 pages last year and it is a pain not to have the most recent messages on the front page.

I'm not even sure this would be possible with the forum software, but... yes. I weep. It's even worse on mobile to navigate to the last page 😖

If this is possible, it would be lovely. I've gotten messages from people where they've missed recent replies from me because of the placement. 

1 minute ago, Jazeki said:

If this is possible, it would be lovely. I've gotten messages from people where they've missed recent replies from me because of the placement. 

I've had that happen too. Usually my message conversations are relatively short, but even just 4-5 messages means having to scroll down quite a bit to see the most recent. If this is possible with the new forum software I'd reallllly like it!

One lot of mine is on page 13.... I have to trawl like mad.

@Kaini I am HOPING there's a toggle for this; it seems like the kind of thing there might be....

This would be nice, assuming it can be configured. ❤️

(In the interim, for people struggling, a few tips to make the current behaviour hopefully a little less annoying: Most browsers will let you jump to the end of the webpage if you hit the [End] button (no scrolling needed) - and to get to the last page of a conversation, click on the » symbol in the pagination navigation.)

This message system is so clunky compared to the pm system we had (Yes, Fuzz, you warned us) that anything that would help navigate it would be lovely. This system is such a nightmare, why, oh why doesn't Envision revamp it and make it user friendly??

Full support from me.

As that awful woman who ruined yahoo groups and then gmail says - everyone wants "conversations" now.

I have often wondered who everyone is. And where I fit into things, as I NEVER fit into "everyone".

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As that awful woman who ruined yahoo groups and then gmail says - everyone wants "conversations" now.

I have often wondered who everyone is. And where I fit into things, as I NEVER fit into "everyone".

I have to wonder that too, because from talking to many many people online the vast majority *don't* seem to like 'conversations', especially when a place that was perfectly fine without them forever suddenly decides to switch to them.

Presumably their too-small-to-be-viable-for-actual-data test group liked it, or the person in charge of things likes it so everyone must like it (because if they don't they'll be fired). Probably more the latter; similar things happen a lot for other things with similar user impact.

bumpy.... (One of my group "convos" is now into its 25th page....)

Having seen this go for a couple of pages, I'll throw in my support, too. Even with END and >>, this gets annoying pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Having seen this go for a couple of pages, I'll throw in my support, too. Even with END and >>, this gets annoying pretty quickly.

Agree. It is still a minimum of three (or is it 4?) extra clicks/keys to get to the message that you want to read. Frustrating!

Yeah it's a bit annoying and I'd love to see something different also.