Emerald01

ANSWERED:Is there a way to pick up a specific abandoned egg?

The method that was used in older trading days isn't working, and I accidentally abandoned an egg that I very much need for a breeding project. I know the code, but don't know how to capture it, now.

Thanks!

Em

Alas, unless it gets picked up by someone else first and then re-abandoned, you won't be able to pick it up at all. Now, that could happen, but in case you don't get lucky in that way, you can try to "advertise" your need of the egg by renaming the parents and hoping that whoever picks it up gets in touch with you.

Unfortunately, no. I'm fairly sure that you can't pick your own egg up from the AP until someone has grabbed and dropped it. But if you own the parents, you can change their names to something like "Please Return to Emerald01" and "PM on the Forum." 

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by The Dragoness

Nope, sorry. That was a 'loophole' that was closed when Teleport was introduced I believe. The only thing you can do nowadays is hope someone will give it back if they pick it up... You can temporarily rename the parents, like 'autoabandoned, please PM (name) on forum' or whatever, and put a notice in your sig.

woah, ninjaed twice!

Edited by HeatherMarie

I've had a few eggs returned to me by renaming  the parents. There is someone here who is a whiz at catching them, too, but I don't like to name her...

But you couldn't have caught your own egg even by the old method, until someone else had had it first. You need to find someone to trawl the AP for you when it's due to hit there.

Edited by Fuzzbucket