AztecCroc

How come you can't buy Xenowyrms or Firegems?

The different xenowyrms each have their own numbers and the fire gems could easily just rotate like seasonals/lunar heralds do. Is there a specific reason you can't?

Yes. TJ hasn't added them yet.

Breeds with location-specific alts are not currently available in the market.

The reason for the Xenowyrms is probably the biome-specific part. I don't think he has explained the time-dependent ones yet, but I suppose he has to work out some kinks for those as well (e.g. would the different colours have the same price?).

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Ruby Eyes is correct, I actually had the same question when the Market launched and TJ addressed it here: 

It's intentional for now.

18 hours ago, purpledragonclaw said:

Ruby Eyes is correct, I actually had the same question when the Market launched and TJ addressed it here: 

It's intentional for now.

Ok, that explains Xenowyrms (mostly, the encyclopedia and trade center seem to treat xenowyrms as six separate breeds not one with six forms), but why not fire gems? They're based on time and the other time based breeds (lunar heralds and seasonals) are in there and rotate alts accordingly.

I think Fire Gems fall under "location-specific alts", since they're only available in the Volcano. Lunar Heralds and Seasonals change based on time, not location, so I think they're exempt from that rule.

Fire Gems are more of the time-specific kind than of the location-specific kind. Also, as far as I know, Seasonals are only available in the Forest biome like how Fire Gems are available only at the Volcano.

Winter Seasonals are available in the Alpine, but the other Seasonals are based in the Forest.

All the other time-based breeds change only on multiples of whole days, not hours.

If the market updates only daily, then that could be a reason for Fire Gems to NOT show up there.

I never understood why Xenowyrms are individually listed and Zyumorphs are listed in one biome

8 hours ago, Dalek Raptor said:

I never understood why Xenowyrms are individually listed and Zyumorphs are listed in one biome

If you‘re talking about their encyclopedia entrys, I have my very own theory on this:

We have a lot of breeds that are literally the same. If you can difference them by their name (e.g. Seasonals, Glory Drakes, Xenos), they have their own entry. If you only difference them by colour and/or biome (e.g. Firegems, Coppers, Lunars, Zyus), they share one entry.

Might not be the right reason but the only explanation I have at the moment 🤷‍♀