HeatherMarie

One-way transfer glitch? Transfer still showing after being claimed?

I put some stuff up in the departures thread, and just checked my scroll and they are now gone, and my trading history says they were claimed.... But clicking on the links I posted still sends me to a trade-page that shows no dragons?

a9c184db811cbb204d3b738bd65d0492.png

Before, clicking a link that had already been claimed would give a message to that effect, I can't remember the exact phrasing but it certainly didn't still show the trade-page!

Edit: Just wanted to update saying that the trade links still lead to a trade-page like that, I thought it might have been a 'site needs to catch up' short-lived thing but 4 hours later it's still there.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Do you know if it's appearing that way for others, or just yourself? Could you please provide a link to double check? If you haven't already, have you tried a hard refresh or clearing your cache to see if it's just your browser holding onto the data? 

Just tested (the link is in the image !)

I get

There does not appear to be any trade with the provided claim ID. It is possible that the transfer or trade has expired or already been claimed.

But I had the same issue a few days ago and so did others - I could swear there was a thread.

I have tried clearing cache/cookies/everything, restarting my browser... I had an internet issue last night so I restarted my modem... Still there. Every single link in this post goes to a page like my screenshot:

It does seem to be just on the transfer-maker's side, all the links I click in that thread posted by other people show the standard 'this transfer has already been claimed' message.

Edited by HeatherMarie

I'm also getting this glitch with transfers I've made, so it's definitely not just you.

I just got this glitch as well, which was made even more confusing by an apparent PM glitch that showed the message (containing the teleport link) as not read yet by the recipient!) 

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

... an apparent PM glitch that showed the message (containing the teleport link) as not read yet by the recipient!) 

That's not a glitch, that's the effect of a copy of each PM sent within the notification e-mail, thus letting the recipient read any PM (and use contained links) without going to the forum itself.

Just now, Ruby Eyes said:

That's not a glitch, that's the effect of a copy of each PM sent within the notification e-mail, thus letting the recipient read any PM (and use contained links) without going to the forum itself.

Yeah, I just found that out. I didn't know it didn't mark them as read in that case.

It can't. The forum has no access (and shouldn't ever have!) to your mailbox content. :)

Makes sense. I just never really thought about it before and probably wouldn't have ever noticed it except for the glitchy transfer message. I almost always get the forum notification long before I check my email to see the notification there, so I never have picked up transfers that way myself.

Edited by purplehaze

*bump* Any word on this? Anyone know if TJ has been informed about this? It's still happening with every single one-way transfer I post....

8 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

*bump* Any word on this? Anyone know if TJ has been informed about this? It's still happening with every single one-way transfer I post....

I'm aware. It's been around since the trading hub was added a month ago, and was only just noticed, so it's not particularly terrible if it sticks around for another day or two.

It'll still be fixed soon, but it's pretty much only a visual bug.

Thanks for the response! I know it's not a huge deal, it just confused me when I kept clicking to check on my links.